Status

seema2005

Assalam O Alaikum,

I have been struggling with this question for over three years. I can not find answer, probably someone can help me. why is that status important everywhere? Why does it makes difference how much you earn? how big your house is? what kind of car you drive? what kind of school your kids go to? what kind of jewelery you wear? I am not sure if it's everywhere, but in my relative they only call you if you are well settle off, if this life is only journey why is that we have to show off that we are well settle, and we are educated, either doctor, engineer, or lawyer. I am right now struggling financially and spiritually, why is that when you see people who has more money than you, you want to be better them, and show off to the world, or your relative that you have more than that person. We can say that they have jannat in this life, but InshaAllah we will get our reward after this life, but again this only suppose to make you relieve for a while, but when you see other people you want to be like them too. Is anyone else is struggling like that? or is it me? If anyone can help? I would really really appreciate it,

Thank you,

Sister in Islam.

DOC_BRO

The prophet peace be upon him was once asked by a man how he could become the richest man. The prophet replied "Forsake (Izhad) what's in the hands of people and you'll be the richest man!"

It's natural and fine to persue wealth. It's how you get there and what you do with wealth that makes or breaks you. A man once came to the prophet complaining to him that `Abdur-Rahmaan ibn `Awf, may God have been pleased with him had "too much money!" The prophet answered him "Good money for a good servant."

:mashallah:
Very good..
Jazak Allah ho Khairun
The most wonderfull heart, is the heart that fear Allah.
The most beautiful words are The Words of Allah.
The Purest love is The Love for Allah

Ummzaina

:salam2:

Status and wealth actually does not matter in the eyes of the Lord unless you spend your wealth for a good cause or use your status to help the needy.

Status and wealth are worldy things all humans yearn for and work for ,
which is why Islam brings to our attention that some will have more in this worldly life but far better is the Hereafter when our Lord is pleased with us.

Quran Al-Emran ayat 014 -017
" Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals (To return to).
Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy); and the good pleasure of Allah. For in Allah's sight are (all) His servants,-
Namely), those who say: "Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire;"-
Those who show patience, Firmness and self-control; who are true (in word and deed); who worship devoutly; who spend (in the way of Allah); and who pray for forgiveness in the early hours of the morning."

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
>>but in my relative they only call you if you are well settle off,

Well, you can take your revenge in Jannah, :D
No good or bad deed will ever stay hidden from Allah SWT. Your patience is actually the means to show that you trust Allah SWT for the Justice, and his Justice is Absolute and Supreme.

Wassalaam

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
Also Allah (swt) says in the Quran

قُلۡ إِن كَانَ ءَابَآؤُكُمۡ وَأَبۡنَآؤُڪُمۡ وَإِخۡوَٲنُكُمۡ وَأَزۡوَٲجُكُمۡ وَعَشِيرَتُكُمۡ وَأَمۡوَٲلٌ ٱقۡتَرَفۡتُمُوهَا وَتِجَـٰرَةٌ۬ تَخۡشَوۡنَ كَسَادَهَا وَمَسَـٰكِنُ تَرۡضَوۡنَهَآ أَحَبَّ إِلَيۡڪُم مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِۦ وَجِهَادٍ۬ فِى سَبِيلِهِۦ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ حَتَّىٰ يَأۡتِىَ ٱللَّهُ بِأَمۡرِهِۦ*!ۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَہۡدِى ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱلۡفَـٰسِقِينَ [SIZE]

"Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allâh and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His Cause, then wait until Allâh brings about His Decision (torment). And Allâh guides not the people who are Al-Fâsiqûn (the rebellious, disobedient to Allâh)" (Surah Taubah 9:24)

:subhanallah:

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
قُلۡ إِن كَانَ ءَابَآؤُكُمۡ وَأَبۡنَآؤُڪُمۡ وَإِخۡوَٲنُكُمۡ وَأَزۡوَٲجُكُمۡ وَعَشِيرَتُكُمۡ وَأَمۡوَٲلٌ ٱقۡتَرَفۡتُمُوهَا وَتِجَـٰرَةٌ۬ تَخۡشَوۡنَ كَسَادَهَا وَمَسَـٰكِنُ تَرۡضَوۡنَهَآ أَحَبَّ إِلَيۡڪُم مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِۦ وَجِهَادٍ۬ فِى سَبِيلِهِۦ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ حَتَّىٰ يَأۡتِىَ ٱللَّهُ بِأَمۡرِهِۦ*!ۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يَہۡدِى ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱلۡفَـٰسِقِينَ

(Surah Taubah 9:24)