Stem Cell Research: An Epic Debate

What is your view on Stem Cell Research?

• I Strongly Support it

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I am Completely Against it

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • It depends on the situation

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Abel213

Let's leave what is questionable behind, just like Rasullulah(salah wa salam) ordered us to according to sunnah.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:

I think using a perfectly healthy fetus, (a potentially perfect baby) for such reasons is abortion, I mean, creating stem cells in this context purely for the sake of re-search I dont agree with that, since abortion should only take place in strict circumstances.

I see your point, you're saying the good outweighs the bad, but I think I would only agree to that if say, the fetus had to be aborted for some reason, a legitimate reason, and was then used for reasearch, with the permission of the people concerned, then yes thats fine.

I agree with you brother, it depends on the circumstance, but unless the women is okay with giving up fetus then its her choice so what ever, i think we need to do research to find out the unknowns of this physical world and what not :)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Don't agree with me, I have no idea what the 'Ulemaa have said on this issue and I may well ask the moderators to delete my posts in this thread which were made entirely according to my own (possibly flawed) opinions.

BarakAllaahu feek.

Wa-alaykum salaam

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
salam alykum brother

as far in my knowledge i wanted to do go tothis field but i read many articles and thoughts of different sheikhs all indicated thatfor research its fine or to study more about human lyf

applying all this is creating with cloning that means its dealing with creation (Allah subahanawatallah)

so please dont go for it

Allah knows best
may Allah guide you what is right on the path
inshallah

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
salam. as i am not a religious scholar or aalim so i have no right to say my opinion here.
wasalam.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
sister happy2Bmuslim provided some solid points but i still fell it to be kinda immoral.coz the stem cells has to be taken from a fetus whether or not had soul been breathed into him.it's still human...

it's kind of off the topic but i think if something like this if allowed completely may lead to those nasty immoral sort of businesses where this might encourage some to carry abortions for the sake of money..........it's evil iknow but there are ppl who use others ppl weakness and problems,so that they donate their body organs (like liver) for getting money they require.

ManchesterNick

Salaam ualaikum

I think firstly it is important to differentiate between using autologous adult stem cells which I can see no reason for using, and embryonic stem cells, which I can see being an issue.

Re: the post above, I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the UK we have the Human Tissue Act 2004 which stops financial gain from donating any sort of human tissue, making it an almost purely altruistic act.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:brother,
i know it's banned and all but some ppl are able to manipulate ppl and use them.it's just the same as the drug dealers,banned but still active...........
that's what i was trying to say..........that it may end up that way.shatian always has his own evil ways:(

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Not just stem cells in the bone marrow, although they are plentiful in number. All tissue types have stem cells including fat, muscle, skin, bone and even the nervous system.
oh okay.jazakallah khiara for this info.i didn't knew about that:eek:i was studing SCID diease so i just asked.:) one of it's cures includes the bone marrow stem cells procedure.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I don't understand why there must be a debate about this here. Either it's Islamically lawful, or its not. So if abortion is haraam in Islam, with the view that Allah grants life and no one has the right to take it, by the same measure, Stem Cell research should also be Islamically Unlawful.