Stoning as Punishment

Precious Star

Mezeren,

Thank you so much for your post! You have in fact answered many of my questions. I always had a very uncomfortable feeling about the inconsistency (if any) between 'stoning' and the punishment set out in the Holy Quran. In fact, it was that inconsistency that lead me to my journey on what is true Islam and the heart of Allah SWT's message to us.

This post makes it all clear.

May Allah SWT continue to shower you with wisdom and knowledge.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is essential to stone the married adulterer until he dies, following the Sunnah of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as it is proven that he said that, did it and enjoined it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stoned Maa’iz, the Juhani woman, the Ghaamidi woman, and the two Jews. All of that is proven in saheeh ahaadeeth narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The scholars among the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), the Taabi’een and those who came after them are also unanimously agreed on that. No one differed from them apart from those to whose views no attention is to be paid. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with the truth and revealed to him the Book, and one of the things that Allaah revealed was the verse of stoning. We have read it and understood it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stoned (adulterers) and we stoned (them) after him, but I fear that there may come a time when some people say: ‘By Allaah, we do not find the verse of stoning in the Book of Allaah.’ So they will go astray by forsaking an obligation that Allaah has revealed. According to the Book of Allaah, stoning is deserved by the one who commits zina, if he is married, men and women alike, if proof is established or the woman becomes pregnant or they confess…”

Based on this, it is not permissible to replace stoning with killing by the sword or shooting, because stoning is a more severe punishment and a more effective deterrent to the sin of zina, which is the most grave sin after shirk and killing a soul whom Allaah has forbidden us to kill. The hadd punishment of stoning for a married person who commits zina is one of the matters that is determined by the Qur’aan and Sunnah and there is no room for ijtihaad or personal opinion. If killing by the sword or shooting were permissible in the case of the married adulterer then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have done that and would have explained it to his ummah, and his companions after him would have done that too.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/48-49

Source: Islamic question and answer

:wasalam:

mezeren

Mezeren,

Thank you so much for your post! You have in fact answered many of my questions. I always had a very uncomfortable feeling about the inconsistency (if any) between 'stoning' and the punishment set out in the Holy Quran. In fact, it was that inconsistency that lead me to my journey on what is true Islam and the heart of Allah SWT's message to us.

Sister,

Thank you so much for your duas. i have been on a journey as well to the true islam. That's why i question whether what i beleive is right or not. i do listen different opinions and have my conclutions. i hope that i am on the right path.

Right know what i came to beleive that, Quran is our ultimate source and we refer to Quran regarding understanding Sunnah. Rasulullah's (s.a.s.) words and actions can not contradict the Book of Allah.

i suggest you to read the following link. i hope it will be beneficial.

esperanza

revert of many years
[yes thank you so much for your long post brother..ihave to read it again but much more carefully

and thank you for the link you gave us..i found some very informative articles

Precious Star

Praise be to Allaah.

It is essential to stone the married adulterer until he dies, following the Sunnah of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as it is proven that he said that, did it and enjoined it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stoned Maa’iz, the Juhani woman, the Ghaamidi woman, and the two Jews. All of that is proven in saheeh ahaadeeth narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The scholars among the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), the Taabi’een and those who came after them are also unanimously agreed on that. No one differed from them apart from those to whose views no attention is to be paid. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim narrated in their Saheehs from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with the truth and revealed to him the Book, and one of the things that Allaah revealed was the verse of stoning. We have read it and understood it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stoned (adulterers) and we stoned (them) after him, but I fear that there may come a time when some people say: ‘By Allaah, we do not find the verse of stoning in the Book of Allaah.’ So they will go astray by forsaking an obligation that Allaah has revealed. According to the Book of Allaah, stoning is deserved by the one who commits zina, if he is married, men and women alike, if proof is established or the woman becomes pregnant or they confess…”

Based on this, it is not permissible to replace stoning with killing by the sword or shooting, because stoning is a more severe punishment and a more effective deterrent to the sin of zina, which is the most grave sin after shirk and killing a soul whom Allaah has forbidden us to kill. The hadd punishment of stoning for a married person who commits zina is one of the matters that is determined by the Qur’aan and Sunnah and there is no room for ijtihaad or personal opinion. If killing by the sword or shooting were permissible in the case of the married adulterer then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have done that and would have explained it to his ummah, and his companions after him would have done that too.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/48-49

Source: Islamic question and answer

Sister,

I think you need to read the post by Mezeren carefully. Chronologically the verses in Sura Nisa came after the stoning episodes ordered by the Prophet.

Precious Star

Sister,

Right know what i came to beleive that, Quran is our ultimate source and we refer to Quran regarding understanding Sunnah. Rasulullah's (s.a.s.) words and actions can not contradict the Book of Allah.

http://www.islamandquran.org/common-belief-mistakes/method-to-understand-quran.html

I agree completely. The Holy Quran is a complete book. The Sunnah has a context, but at the end of the day it works with what was revealed in the Quran. The punishment set out in Sura Nisa is very very specific and does not require further embellishment.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Sister,

I think you need to read the post by Mezeren carefully. Chronologically the verses in Sura Nisa came after the stoning episodes ordered by the Prophet.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah dear sister I have red well post of brother "Mezeren" , but I have aslo red Saheeh( truthfull, authentic) Hadeeth by our Islamic Ullama which have been consider as trutfull hadeeth from the begining of Islam and Alhadmulilah untill today aslo.Alhadmulilah I have aslo red the explaination and answer from " Islamic question and answer" site,where our Schoolars said that stonning is from Islam and that this kind of punishmnet should be applyed today also.

Also sister, I think it is wrong to consider only Quran as source for Shariah law, but that Alhadmulilah we should also follow Sunnah,as Allah sent His Last Messanger salalhu alyha wa salam to explain us parts of Islam which we could not know or learn only from Quran. And Allah knows the best.

Brother " Mezeren" has sent only an article but that article does not cover and include many parts of criminal law by Shariah law,and as Muslims Alhadmulillah we can not understand Islam and its teachings by any article, but with understanding from Quran and Sunnah.And Allah knows the best.

I am sorry if I said anything wrong and may Allah forgive me. It was not my intention, but Alhadmulillah I belive and feel that law of Allah is not strict but it is only just.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We need scholars. We need the intellect of the pious. We can not pick and choose what we wish our faith to be. We can not make our faith fit our needs.

There are instances that make us uncomfortable. This is such a case. It is our need to change ourselves and let go of what we consider to be cruel and unusual. We become so busy trying to appease those we live amongst.

We can not apologize for our faith. If we do we need to take a step back. The faith is perfect.

This is the first time I have ever read that the Sunna is taken in context. It is not contextual. Could you explain that to me. And no one would dare make embellishments on a sura of the Quran.

Here we are in the 21st century discussing stoning. And we will be discussing stoning in the 22nd century.

Noor El-Huda

You are barbaric and sick!
Allah subhanahuwatalaa gave you a brain to think and a heart to feel compassion! Im disgusted at the barabaric ideas from these "muslims"
have you even seen a stoning before?
you probably agree with those sick taliban/ Iranians who recruit children to decapitate people and all types of sick garbage!
whoever makes a person hate Islam by what they say will be held acountable on youm al qiyammah!
you justify things and you wonder why people arent converting!
you are truly sick, you and the likes of you. I find it hilarious how you go on sketchy sites and copy/paste whatever you can find to defend your pointless sick argument.
I guess some of the world is still living in the stoneage.

I recommend you spend a few moments learning the etiquette of debating. Also, it might be well worth taking a look at some posts by non mulims debating Islamic issues.

I also suggest that as you are a muslim, you debate shariah with a veiw to learning, and not by being a mouthfull, attacking your fellow muslim brothers and sisters, and demonstrating ill manners.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I guess some of the world is still living in the stoneage.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu,

Sister the way you addressed and wrote to your brother in Islam just prove what you said and I quoted.

Besides, may be you should point out specifically where he's been wrong. Has he provided wrong info or is some info provided unauthentic? As far as I can see he just quoted some biblical verses to prove stoning is not only in Islam. . .Is that a problem?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Mezeren,

[yes thank you so much for your long post brother..ihave to read it again but much more carefully

and thank you for the link you gave us..i found some very informative articles

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Brother and Sisters please be careful. That opinion you shared and read, full of logical analysis and all is incorrect and deceptive. I was decieved and confused by something similar. Before someone shares refutations to these. I asked you a very logical question. Who had the best understanding of Islam after Allah? The prophet:saw: of course. Who after him? His students without a doubt i.e His companions.

It is proven from authentic ahadeeth that companions stoned adulteres and flogged the fornicators. Do you believe that would do this of their own desires when Allaah mentions in the Quraan that he's pleased with them and granted them forgivness whilst they walked the earth. We say "Allaah be pleased with them" because He gave them this status. Supposing that the argument that he stoned before this verse and not after is correct. How do you argue with the stoning carried out by the Companions? It's impossible to even think that their understanding of the Quraan is wrong, when we know it was revealed while they lived and they knew the background behind the verses. Similarly, it is impossible to think they got the Sunnah wrong, when we know the Prophet:saw: lived amongst them.

Remember the prophet guaranteed pure Islam is followed by only three generation. His companions, those after them and those after them. The prophet:saw: after that there'll be much additions and deletions. Out of 73 only 1 will be saved, it'll be the one who follows the Sunnah along with the Quraan. To believe that people now adays know better than the ashab is like to believe the Prophet:saw: didn't really knew what he said. Astagfirullah!

Islam is Quran+Sunnah. We say La Illaaha Ilallah we don't just stop at the first line, we say Muhammadun Rasoolallah. . It's not just a line that we say, its about believing in it and acting accordingly. The Quraan and the prophet's Sunnah both set limits of what is haram and halal.

Lastly, that artical in brother mezern's post translates the word Zaani as Adulterers. What the evidence for that? As far as I know Zaani means the one whose had Illegal relations, I can easily say the verse talks about fornicators be correct because fornicators have illegal relations too. It's from the Sunnah that we know the difference between a fornicator and an adulterer. And it's the sunnah that sets different punishment for both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED:

I just read more of that artical and wow!

Abu Khurayra and Zaid Bin Khalid said: “We were with the Prophet (p.b.u.h). A man stood up and said: “I urge you to judge only with the book of Allah among us.” His respondent was more indulgent, he said: “Judge among us with the Book of Allah, and listen to me.” Our Prophet said : ‘Speak’, he followed:

“My son was his worker. He committed adultery with his wife. I gave as ransom money 100 sheep and a servant slave. I asked to those who know, they told that my son should get 100 whips and a year in exile, and the woman is to be stoned to death.”

Our Prophet said: “I swear by who sustains my life, I shall judge with the Book of Allah among you. 100 sheep and the slave are to be returned. Your son is to be punished by 100 whips and a year of exile. Unays, go the wife of this man, stone her to death if she admits the crime.” He went, and stoned her to death as she admitted the crime [13].
It is clear that the “Book of Allah” mentioned here is Torah. For no verse was revealed then in Quran concerning adultery. Neither of the verses revealed contained the punishment of stoning.

The punishment of whipping is not present the Torah copy we have in our hands. This punishment may be in the copy held by Jews in Madina
.[/
QUOTE]

Just Wow! look at the daleel brother and sisters. The Jews are known to have changed their books and throw off that which they thought wasn't good. The hadith here said they changed and concealed adultry and whipped 100 lashes and blackened people faces of their own desires:

There happened to pass by Allah’s Prophet (p.b.u.h) a Jew blackened and lashed. He called them (the Jews) and said: “Is this the punishment that you find in your Book?” They said : “Yes” He called one of the scholars amongst them and said: “I ask you in the name of Allah Who sent down the Torah on Moses if that is the prescribed punishment for adultery that you find in your Book”. He said :”Had you not asked me in the name of Allah, I would not have given you this information. But this (crime) became quite common amongst our aristocratic class. So when we caught hold of any rich person (indulging in this offence) we spared him, but when we caught hold of a helpless person we imposed the prescribed punishment upon him”. We then said: “Let us agree (on a punishment) which we can inflict both upon the rich and the poor”. So We decided to blacken the face with coal and flog as a substitute punishment for stoning. Thereupon Allah’s Prophet (may peace be upon him) said:

“O Allah, I am the first to revive Your command when they had made it dead.”

He then commanded and he (the offender) was stoned to death. Allah (SWT) sent down (this verse):

يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَوَاضِعِهِ يَقُولُونَ إِنْ أُوتِيتُمْ هَذَا فَخُذُوهُ وَإِنْ لَمْ تُؤْتَوْهُ فَاحْذَرُوا.

“…some Jews…alter the words from their established meanings. They say: if this decision is made about you, follow it, and if this is not decided, obey not..” (Al-Ma’ida/ The Feast 5:41)

Because it was said (by the Jews): Go to Muhammad; if he commands you to blacken the face and award flogging (as punishment for adultery), then accept it, but it he gives verdict for stoning, then avoid it. Then Allah (SWT) sent these verses for all concealers:

وَمَنْ لَمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

“… whoso judged not by that which Allah has revealed: such are concealers.”

وَمَنْ لَمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

“… whoso judged not by that which Allah has revealed: such are wrongdoers.”
وَمَنْ لَمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَا أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ.

“… whoso judged not by that which Allah has revealed: such are sinners (fasiqun).” (Al-Ma’ida/ The Feast 5:44-47)[6]

A man and a woman of the Jews committed adultery. Some of them said to the others: “Let us go to this Prophet. For he has been sent with an easy law. If he gives a judgment lighter than stoning, we shall accept it, and argue about it with Allah, saying: “It is a judgment of one of your prophets.” So they came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h) who was sitting in the mosque among his companions. They said: “Abul Qasim [7], what do you think about a man and a woman who committed adultery? He did not speak to them a word till he went to their school (Bayt al-midras, the place where they taught Torah) [8]. He stood at the gate and said: “I adjure you by Allah Who revealed the Torah to Moses, what (punishment) do you find in the Torah for a person who commits adultery, if he is married?” They said: He shall be blackened with charcoal, taken round a donkey among the people, and flogged. A young man among them kept silent. When the Prophet (p.b.u.h) emphatically adjured him, he said: . “By Allah, since you have adjured us (we inform you that) we find stoning in the Torah (is the punishment for adultery). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said: “So when did you lessen the severity of Allah’s command?” They said: A relative of one of our kings had committed adultery, but his stoning was suspended. . Then a man of a family of common people committed adultery. He was to have been stoned. But his people intervened and said: “Our man shall not be stoned until you bring your man and stone him.” So they made a compromise on this punishment between them. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said: “So I decide in accordance with what the Torah says. He then commanded regarding them and they were stoned to death.

Az-zukhri said: We have been informed that this verse was revealed about them:

إِنَّا أَنْزَلْنَا التَّوْرَاةَ فِيهَا هُدًى وَنُورٌ يَحْكُمُ بِهَا النَّبِيُّونَ.

“We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the Prophets who submitted themselves (to Allah) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the scholars (judged) by such of Allah’s Book. ” (Al-Ma’ida/ The Feast 5:44) Our Prophet is among them. [9]

One day a Jew man and a Jew woman were brought to the Prophet (p.b.u.h). They committed the crime together. Thereupon Allah’s Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: What do you find in your book on this issue? “Our scholars established the punishment of blackening with ash and placing backwards on the animal.”

Abdullah Bin Salam said: “Oh the Messenger of Allah, let them bring the Torah.” Torah was brought. He put one of his hand on the verse on stoning. Then he read the previous and next verses. Abdullah Bin Salam said : “Lift up your hand!”. The verse on stoning was seen at once under his hand. The Messenger of Allah ordered, and both were stoned to death [10].

They changed stoning to 100 whips why would the decendants of the Jews leave stoning verses and remove the softer punishment. Does that make sense to you???

I'm no scholars but clearly the book of Allah mentioned in the hadith above is the Quraan. And that this hadith was after the verses of Surah Nisaa which prescribed 100 lashes. Let me know if I'm wrong guys. But you got to bring some scholarly explaination and prove to that statement which I've highlighted and underlined. Only a valid scholar can pass such comments on a hadith. This is really serious business. It can be Taken as a lie against the prophet of Allaah:saw: be very careful brothers and sisters. Stoning isn't something to be liked, but than again how many things are there that we may not like and they are good for us? Allaah knows best, right?

And I think this is more than enough to know that the question of"When" the verses were revealed is unknown:

Ash-Shaibani said: “I asked to Abdullah Bin Abu Awfa: ‘Had the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h) applied the stoning punishment?’ He said : “Yes” “Was that before or after the (revelation of) Surat an-Noor?”. He said “I do not know”. [15].

No one can know better than the companion who lived with the prophet:saw: and he didn't know. Abrogation of law isn't something to be forgotten. This is the final religion we are talking about. How can such an important thing be forgotten. It makes sense if take it that the verse never abrogated stoning so it was never important to remember it.

It is really absurd to start judging from a hadith text with no proves and referances from scholrs

Please be careful, don't let people mess your deen by playing with words.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Praise be to Allaah.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/48-49.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14312/stoning the adulterer

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
Praise be to Allaah.
The sin of adultery (zina: unlawful sexual relationship) is a major sin which Allaah has mentioned in conjunction with kufr, shirk and murder, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace”

[al-Furqaan 25:69]

Al-Qurtubi said:

The followers of all religions are agreed that adultery is forbidden; no religion regards it as permissible. Hence the punishment for it is one of the most severe punishments, because it is a crime against honour and lineage, which is one of the five basic principles that Islam seeks to protect, namely life, religion, lineage, reason and wealth.

Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 24/20, 21

1 – If a woman has been previously married – i.e., a legitimate marriage with her has been consummated – then her punishment is to be stoned to death.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, when he was sitting on the minbar of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with the truth, and revealed to him the Book. One of the things that He revealed was the verse of stoning, which we have read and understood. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) carried out the punishment of stoning and we did so after him. I fear that as time goes by, people will say, ‘We do not find any mention of stoning in the Book of Allaah,’ so they will go astray by forsaking an obligation that was revealed by Allaah. In the Book of Allaah, stoning is the punishment deserved by any previously-married person, man or woman, who commits adultery, if proof is established, or pregnancy results, or he or she confesses.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2462; Muslim, 1691)

2 – If the woman is a virgin – i.e., she is not married yet or the marriage contract has been done but her husband has not yet consummated the marriage with her – then the punishment is one hundred lashes and exile from her country for a year, as stated in the hadeeth of ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit, who narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Receive (teaching) from me. Allah has ordained a way for those (women). When an unmarried male commits adultery with an unmarried female (they should receive) one hundred lashes and banishment for one year. And in the case of a married male committing adultery with a married female, they shall receive one hundred lashes and be stoned to death.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 1690).

If the adulterer or adulteress is a minor below the age of puberty, then there is no punishment to be carried out, according to all scholars.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to puberty and sound mind, the scholars are agreed that both are conditions of punishment being obligatory.

Al-Mughni, 8/134.

The evidence for that is the words of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The Pen has been lifted from three, from the sleeper until he awakes, from the minor until he grows up, and from the insane until he regains his reason.” (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 3432; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 3210).

But the minor boy or girl should be punished, with something less than the hadd punishment, in a manner that will deter them from doing this action. And their guardian must also be punished if there was any shortcoming on his part, such as allowing his daughter to mix with boys or being careless concerning such matters.

The girl has to conceal what she has done, and her guardian must also conceal it, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid these filthy things that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever has done any of them, let him conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, and let him repent to Allaah…”

(Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 149).

If the signs of puberty are present in the boy or the girl, then he or she becomes accountable (mukallif) thereby. Information on these signs may be found in Questions Nos. 21246 and 13262.

And Allaah knows best

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/8981/stoning the adulterer

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

If you go on interpreting the sharia your way, you will come up with a whole different religion. Anything that does not appeal to you, does not mean it is wrong. And there are those who try every possible means to establish their interpretation, unfortunately there are no rooms for ijtihaad when there has been a common consensus among the sahabas on any matter.

Khalas.

Allah knows best.

a_stranger

Assalaam walaikum,

We need scholars. We need the intellect of the pious. We can not pick and choose what we wish our faith to be. We can not make our faith fit our needs.

There are instances that make us uncomfortable. This is such a case. It is our need to change ourselves and let go of what we consider to be cruel and unusual. We become so busy trying to appease those we live amongst.

We can not apologize for our faith. If we do we need to take a step back. The faith is perfect.

This is the first time I have ever read that the Sunna is taken in context. It is not contextual. Could you explain that to me. And no one would dare make embellishments on a sura of the Quran.
HTML:
Code:

السلام عليكم
:ma: very well said sister, Islam depends on wahi :revelation of Allah to his prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam . It is not up to each individual to decide what is ok or not. What the prophet did is perfect . Nowadays some people don't feel the ugliness of big sins because it is shown on tv and people talk about their wrong doing without shame . Still the law of Allah subhana wa taala is the same since the start . Yes stoning is sever punishment and should not carried on only under very strict circumstances, but when people know the punishment they will feel the greatness of such acts, it will make a barrier between humans and sins. This is a big goal in Islam to make people hate sins. Such sins distort families, cause diseases, darken hearts..Lead to hell. And Allahu aalam.

a_stranger

Still in Islam for the believer every thing will be ok , if anyone sin then repent or get the punishment his abode will be Janna. No one is lost the mercy of Allah is unlimited.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As for lewd behavior:

The punishment you stated (Verse 4:15) is for lesbianism. The next verse, 4:16, states the punishment for male homosexuality.

Lilylaila

Assalaam walaikum,

First let me welcome you to the forum.

Second and more importantly my brother in faith is not sick nor disgusting. He is a pious brother.

This discussion is attempting to understand the wisdom behind stoning. No one here is advocating stoning.

Many members have spent time trying to find that wisdom. I am not going to rewrite what has been written.

These Muslims with the barbaric ideas stem from the best of generations of Muslims.

I have not heard of a sick Taliban..I am not sure what that implies.

You are using pure emotion. It weakens your stance.

How can hadeeth make a person hate Islam. Only those who have their hearts closed hate the best of all.

The brother provided more proof that stoning is limited to one faith.

Forgive me, but we try to be polite here. Even when we get into heated discussions.

I misplaced the password to my old acocunt so I created this new one just to address the tragedy that is going on here right now!
Im sorry that Im human and I do have feelings, Im sorry that youre soo brainwashed and desensitized that you can sit here and defend this!
you are sick! you probably also agree with the video of the 12 yr old taliban boy beheading a grown man with a blunt/dull knife! or them flogging women! THIS IS NOT ISLAM! THIS IS BARBARIC! anyone who agrees/condones barbaric actions deserves nothing less but hell! Because not only are you sick in the head, but you are tarnishing the Great name of ISLAM! those who lead others to hate Allah subhanahuwatalaa or hate Islam itself, will be held accountabl on the day of judgment!
I know what some people do, twist words around to suit their own diabolical interests! misinterpret texts! its been done many times! you can sit here and copy from radical sites all day, but that doesnt make you anything! You are advocating stoning! and you wonder why people and even Muslims themselves are angry with this Ummah! do you think any human would want to associate themselves with barbarians? NO! too much ignoranceis spread around! Im sick of it.
Honor killings/beheadingcutting of parts with dull knives/beating women....there are sick people out there who justify acts like these with Islam. No! my religion of Islam is a religion of peace! its beautiful! do not tarnish it with your radical disgusting trash! its enough your type have tarnished the name of good muslims and we have to clean up your bad actions and correct your idiotic caveman ideas! STOP IT! watch some beneficial lectures! instead of roaming the net for questionable sites to copy/paste from.

he's pious? youre not Allah subhanahuwatalaa, you dont know whats in anyones heart! and pious people dont respond like him

Im a proud Muslim!

despite people like you.

You can say what you want after this, and frankly..the world coould careless. Youre advocating murder! thats all it is. Cakk a spade a spade.I love my deen! I love my fellow SANE Muslims! who try hard to clean up the mess that barbarians leave behind! ther eare peopl ewho actually defend honor killings! they will try to look up anything to suit THEIR OWN interests!
I find it disgusting how this is one sided! MEN CHEAT TOO! and nobody said anything about that. I dont care what you say, there will be a "salem witch trial" we will have people right and left accusing other sof adultery..knowing it will give someone the death penalty.
seriously, we have some seriously mental cases hiding behind the facade of Islam!
May Allah subhanahuwatalaa protect me,my family, and fellow citizens of the world from these psychos who are trying to use religion to justify their blood lust.
I wont respond to this again, its not worth my time or energy to talk sense with people who lack compassion,iman,mercy and logic.
I promise you all these people who are "for" stoning, each of them probably live in USA/EUROPE/ASIA! away from that!
despicable people. May your punishment be in this life and the after.
AMEEN.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh. . .

Here we go again, another modernist, moderate, 21st century designed Muslim. Yeah What does QUran and Hadeeth matter when you got BBC and Fox News. The religions of Peace, Ahan! and surely it teaches nothing about respecting elders, or calling other names???

Aapa is old enough to be your Mother. look at the words you used. Yeah Keep that deen to yourself sister. Quran and Sunnah are enough for us. We are not advocating Murdur as you take it from your preacher "The Media", We are advocating the Sunnah, and elimination of Shameless ness and Zinna.

Before you give a couple of more beautiful names like sick and barbaric, do read the proof provided in the posts above. If you think that caveman behaviour. Watch it! those are our proPhet's :saw: actions and they'll remain till the world remains. Weather you modernist 21stcentury mind accepts it or not!

Before you spread filth here, see what the QUran and the Sunnah says on stoning.