STOP CHANGING ISLAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
yesterday i went to a Muslim camp for the first time in my life... for the first time in my life i have been out somewhere with JUST Muslims!
i live in New Zealand so i am surrounded by western culture and i got really annoyed when i was talking to a girl...
both of us dont wear a hijab and i was telling her that inshallah when i start wearing it i want to practice the religion properly and wear an abaya.
so she told me "well back when the Quraan was new, thats when you really had to do that. but now we live in a society where noone does that and u dont have to wear it anymore! u can wear a hijab and just wear whatever you want and you'll still be practicing the religion properly because the religion has changed"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP changing Islam to suit yourselves! if ur not practicing it properly (like me because i dont wear a hijab) please accept that fact and try to do something about it! dont just let yourself be manipulated by the society you live in! especially if you live in the western world!
Muslim people arent always your guides because theyre human too therefore NOT perfect! the Quraan is your only guide as it is the words of God...

thanks for reading and God Bless

p.s please dont call me a hypocrite because i dont even cover myself... im trying to straighten myself out and at least i accept the fact im not practicing what i preach..

and remember
"When you practice what you preach
you may feel the world is against you
but just remember those non believers
theyre just sinking below you"​

*-* my song "The Messengers of God"

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
:salam2: mashallah sis you right that every Muslim now tries to interpret Qurant for their own benefit, just so they can fit to be called "muslim". That’s one of my problems with these types of Muslims who make wrong means of Quran or sahee Adeeds. This is not only happening among the Muslims in West, actually it even common in Muslim countries. I truly admire you that you admit that you don’t follow Islam probably as you should, but at less your no going around preaching others that’s how it should be. may Allaah guide all of us.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Great..but sister i hope you wear hijab soon .

Read this:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18773

Getting back to the story ,I hate it when sisters start demanding their rights in islam, that go against the sharia. They will say like we deserve more than 1/3 of the share of inheritance because now more women are working :angryblue::angryblue::angryblue:

muharram23

Staff member
yesterday i went to a Muslim camp for the first time in my life... for the first time in my life i have been out somewhere with JUST Muslims!
i live in New Zealand so i am surrounded by western culture and i got really annoyed when i was talking to a girl...
both of us dont wear a hijab and i was telling her that inshallah when i start wearing it i want to practice the religion properly and wear an abaya.
so she told me "well back when the Quraan was new, thats when you really had to do that. but now we live in a society where noone does that and u dont have to wear it anymore! u can wear a hijab and just wear whatever you want and you'll still be practicing the religion properly because the religion has changed"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP changing Islam to suit yourselves! if ur not practicing it properly (like me because i dont wear a hijab) please accept that fact and try to do something about it! dont just let yourself be manipulated by the society you live in! especially if you live in the western world!
Muslim people arent always your guides because theyre human too therefore NOT perfect! the Quraan is your only guide as it is the words of God...

thanks for reading and God Bless

p.s please dont call me a hypocrite because i dont even cover myself... im trying to straighten myself out and at least i accept the fact im not practicing what i preach..

and remember
"When you practice what you preach
you may feel the world is against you
but just remember those non believers
theyre just sinking below you"​

*-* my song "The Messengers of God"

Salamu alaykum

may Allah s.va make ur sincere wish come true and help u in good. Ameen. Like one brother said "that people with little knowledge, issue fatwaas the fastest". And that is so true. U will c a ignorant person in this religion when being asked about something, without even saying "let me check, or i dont know" they will give fatwa right away. Just like this sister, may Allah s.va guide her, without even thinking, she said statements of kufr, that could take her ouf of religion if she doesnt repent. Saying something not to be done which is clearly stated in the quran or sunnah, is kufr. May ALlah sva protect us from that and give us the understanding of His sva religion. Ameen

Wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
what video? yea im a musician... guitarist and a songwriter... ive talked to my masjad and theres nothing wrong with music as long as u keep ur deen closer... and thats what i understood from the Quraan too..

As-salaamu `alaykum.

That is really bad masjid advice, it is mentioned in the Qur'aan in Surah Luqmaan [31:6] amongst other places about its prohibition. There's an ayah about 'idle talk', Ibn `Abbaas and the other mufassireen (explainers of the Qu'raan) have all stated that 'idle talk' in the 6th ayah of surah Luqmaan refers to singing, music, musical instruments, woodwind instruments etc. Mujaahid and Hasan Al-Basri (one who learnt from the household of the Messenger!) are from amongst those who said this.

There's another hadeeth where a Naafi` and Ibn `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with them heard some music so Ibn `Umar kept his fingers in his ears until Naafi` informed him that the sound had departed. Ibn `Umar then said that he saw the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam do the same. [Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood]

Other ahaadeeth contain clear threats for those who make music halaal, the threat of punishment being that they will be turned into apes and swine! So let the people of that masjid fear Allaah, and bring there (non-existant) proofs when dealing with the matter.

Hope it clarifies the issue in brief without leading to a discussion on the subject lol.

As for changing Islaam, then Islaam is complete and needs no additions, deletions or modifications. The deen is perfect as Allaah said in the Qur'aan, "This day I have completed your religion for you, perfected my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion." [Surah Al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
As-salaamu `alaykum.

That is really bad masjid advice, it is mentioned in the Qur'aan in Surah Luqmaan [31:6] amongst other places about its prohibition. There's an ayah about 'idle talk', Ibn `Abbaas and the other mufassireen (explainers of the Qu'raan) have all stated that 'idle talk' in the 6th ayah of surah Luqmaan refers to singing, music, musical instruments, woodwind instruments etc. Mujaahid and Hasan Al-Basri (one who learnt from the household of the Messenger!) are from amongst those who said this.

There's another hadeeth where a Naafi` and Ibn `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with them heard some music so Ibn `Umar kept his fingers in his ears until Naafi` informed him that the sound had departed. Ibn `Umar then said that he saw the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam do the same. [Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood]

Other ahaadeeth contain clear threats for those who make music halaal, the threat of punishment being that they will be turned into apes and swine! So let the people of that masjid fear Allaah, and bring there (non-existant) proofs when dealing with the matter.

Hope it clarifies the issue in brief without leading to a discussion on the subject lol.

As for changing Islaam, then Islaam is complete and needs no additions, deletions or modifications. The deen is perfect as Allaah said in the Qur'aan, "This day I have completed your religion for you, perfected my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion." [Surah Al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Al-Kashmiri please stay on the topic that i started!
im really getting annoyed at people telling me music is haram... but at leat ur not like the others who tell me im going to hell!
bas im gonna study about it more k? its wrong to do something God told u not to do... but its also haram to ban something God said was halal right?

God Bless

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I did stay on topic, look at my last line :). Lol.

It's haraam to say anyone is from the people of fire or paradise without a proof. So it's as if (according to them) the ruling they rule you with (hell) also applies to them!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
habeebi please stay on the topic that i started!
im really getting annoyed at people telling me music is haram... but at leat ur not like the others who tell me im going to hell!

Who say listening to music makes you a inhabitant of hell.Ignore them

You dont have to get annoyed...

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Maa shaa Allaah, sis you made a point which is a clear reality (in your first post). I remember in a talk/lesson I attended the speaker said (I'm paraphrasing), "if you commit a sin out of desire then know that Adam commited sin out of desire and was forgiven, but if you commit a sin out of arrogance then know that Shaytaan commited a sin out of arrogance and will not be forgiven". The point here is that some people can accept and put their hands down and say, "what I'm doing is haraam, I know it but I do it due to my own weakness", which is normal as mankind is inclined to hawaa (desire). Some however will say, "this matter is not haraam; it doesn't apply now" or anything similar, arrogantly arguing to make themselves seem as perfect.

Subhaan Allaah, I hope that Allaah forgives the former group, and I fear for the latter one!

Sweet Insanity

90's Child
mashaAllah, so proud of you. btw im hooked on vultures.

hey i said wearing a hijab not playing music! did someone edit it?
damn if they did i swear im gonna kick their ass! music has nothing to do with what im talking about...
btw thanks im glad u liked my song! i got it featured! so im happy lol
only in Nz and Ozzy though :(

God Bless
MissIraq93

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
ive already read that before...
im sorry but i honestly dont care right now!
im focusing on the more important things.
please stay on topic...

God Bless
Sweet Insanity

salam alaykum sis you should care...how can u not music is a major sin...on topic or off topic we are allowed to give you our sincere advice. so plz take it and dont feel that it is useless because on the day of judgement youll regret when it is too late to regret. any hoo may allah make you stronger to wear the hijab and to abandon music for his sake inshallah. wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.