Stop & Think for a Minute...

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well today when i walked in the Mosque, i gave Salam to an older brother and carried on and placed my bag on the side. I decided to take some sips of my water and finish my snack (It was a Tracker, yum)

I went to do Wudhu and came back up and decided to read some Qur'an, it was about 25mins till Maghrib. The brother i gave salam too went to the back and decided to take a rest next to the heater. To keep nice and warm obviously.

Anyway, after a bit other brothers were walking in, some were making Du'a, Reading Qur'an, the prayer for entering the Mosque or talking with their fellow brother. Anyway this brother at the back came to the front and i noticed the sleeves on his fleece/top were like empty. I was real confused and i thought "does the brother have any arms". I was like Subhan'Allah. He doesn't!

Anyway, there is this like huge window cill, where you can put quite a bit stuff on. He must have placed a Qur'an on there and he used is mouth to get a grip of it and placed it back on the book shelf. I was like Subhan'Allah. The brothers next to me i think had the same sentiment. May Allah bless Him.

So the Athan was given and many of us read the optional 2 rakah and so did this brother. He went into Ruku (bowing) easy but the Sajdah he had to place his knee onto the ground followed with the other and then go into Sajdah. I was like Subhan'Allah. May Allah bless Him.

So after the prayer, some brothers left, some prayed their Sunnah. The brother after praying, used his mouth to get a grip of his coat and managed to get it on. He had quite a big bag too which he again used his mouth to get a grip of and put it on his shoulder and went on his way.

I was like May Allah protect him and bless him.

I took a lot out of this experience. The blessing of being able to raise my hands in prayer, when going into ruku - gripping my knees so to speak, making sure my hands touch the ground first and countless more blessings. Subhan'Allah, just ponder over stuff you do everyday which you wouldn't be able to if you had no arms.

Open the door, close it, open the car door, pay the shopkeeper, adjust the volume on your speakers, TYPE using the keyboard, answer the phone - not as effectively, open the fridge, hang the clothes on the washing line, take the bin out, pick some change up that you dropped or someone else dropped, for that matter taking the money out of your pocket!, taking money out of the cash machine. Subhan'Allah it goes on and on and on..... You get the point though?

May Allah bless the brother and grant him and us all Jannah. Ameen :tti_sister:

Alhamdulilah.

Wasalam

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam,

This sure does make you think and it should make one realise how much blessings Allah has given us. Things we have and others do not, we simply take for granted.

May Allah bless that man and give him a high place in Jannah.

Peace2u

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Masha'Allah ... you really touched my heart ... jazaka Allahu khairan

May Allah (glorified He may be) bless this brother and grant him patience

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
wow

:salam2:

I liked reading that - (you musta been staring! i wouldve probs done the same but tried my best not to)

Thanks for posting this, :)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well i tried to avoid staring, but he smiled at me when he came back to the front, thats why i looked for a bit. Bad manners i know too stare. Not too happy about that though. He was sort of next me, like:

The brother, Fellow Brother, Me, Brother next to me.

^ If that makes sense.

Wasalam

I liked reading that - (you musta been staring! i wouldve probs done the same but tried my best not to)

Thanks for posting this, :)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
La Hawla wa La Quwatta illah Billah!!

How grateful we should be for everything that we have, even the things we think are small, is something someone is praying to have.:girl3: Jazakallahu Khairan!!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran for your reply. That was exactly what i was trying to do. Subhan'Allah. It just makes you want to cry.

Wasalam

Salaam,

Jazakallah khair for sharing that deep & emotional experience. I can feel and picture your vivid words.

LeylaHussain

SubhanAllah, it really brings tears to the eyes. We have so much, and yet we are always complaining. May Allah preserve our health because I think this is one of the hardest test in this world.

:tti_sister: wa salam.

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
masha allah, it really makes you think how lucky you are when you are able to do the most simple of tasks alhumdillah :hijabi:
My husband lost his leg (just above his knee) due to being shot in somalia and subhan'allah he doesn't complain about things that he is unable to do he just gets on with it. :shymuslima1:

Insha allah Allah will make their lives easier. :tti_sister:

halah

Masha'Allah very very touching story,it made me recall an old blind man was living on the street where I lived in, he used to go to the Masjid for Fajr prayer before the Azaan with one hour or may be more , he had none to be in his company so he used to say while walking slowly Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth,Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth untill reaching the door of the Masjid.

How many and great are the blessings which Allah showrs us with??????????

Allah the almighty said ,'' And if you would try to count the favors of Allah, you would never be able to count them. Truly, Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' 16:18

'' And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you [try to] count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them. Verily, man is indeed an extreme wrongdoer, ungrateful.'' 14:34

May Allah remind us to be among those who remeber to thank Him and being grateful for His blessings.

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
you mentioned an arm, that's quite a large limb and losing it would be huge, but what about something which we consider apparently less important such as swallowing or breathing or blinking, have you ever thought how it might be to lose one of these processes? People take everything for granted, the only time they appreciate it is when they lose it.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

^ Yes, your right. Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran for that reminder too. The Ayah's quoted in sister halah's reply pretty much sums that up.

Walaykum Salam