Students May Carry Guns On Campus In Texas

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Wa Alaikum asalaamu Sister,

There have been so many shooting on education grounds for so many reasons. Neo-Nazi leanings, hatred of the self (I think its referred to as police assisted suicide, which the police abhor), and mental disorders. While I can not say that no one would jump all over a religious based reason and if it was a Muslim, the "jihad" label would be the first to come up, it all depends on the person and any evidence that was found in their possessions and writings. Yes, a very sad thing indeed if a person was a Muslim and that is the first label placed on the incident, "terrorism".

(I'm a bit foggy from my medications right now so I hope I made myself understandable)

A person, ANYWHERE, has to have a license to possess a gun legally. So while the campus is concidering a change in this campus regulation, what we need to remember that the person is still required to go through a background check (to look for official mental disorders, past felony records-since anyone with a felony record can not legally posses a weapon anywhere in the United states, or any previous denial/revocation of weapons license). There is a difference between having the freedom to carry a weapon and having the right to. If you break the law that impacts your right to carry a weapon, your freedom to carry one is revoked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:
greeting,

Exactly.
I agree with you Jen.

The Authority knows what exactly best
for their people.

Thanks for your time
Take care!
~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
I don't think it's a good idea to pass this law. Seems it's encouraging very young feeble minds to carry weapons. College students are still very immature, and I'm afraid that it'll be touted like the way a 15 year old gets his permit to drive. Scary times we live in. I don't think it's a good idea. Those are my initial thoughts on the matter.
On the other side, though, I can see that perhaps it would deter an evil person from using their weapon if they realize that others certainly may have a weapon of their own stashed closely to them to use in self defense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree with you too.
Instead of making them bring gun to Campus
Maybe
more security post and guards to monitor the student closely
and students has to be check thoroughly and belonging
go under the x tray vision, as at the airport for any sign of gun
or sharp weapon.

Yet
The Authority knows what exactly best
for their people.

Thanks for reading.
Take care!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Assalaam walaikum,

The facts behind the possible legislation are simple. Female students were being attacked and raped. It is for protection.

How this will be as protection for female students if also those possible rapists can carry guns too? Aren´t they with guns be even more danger? Or then only women students should carry guns...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

How this will be as protection for female students if also those possible rapists can carry guns too? Aren´t they with guns be even more danger? Or then only women students should carry guns...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:hijabi:Dress decently
and getting rape is history:blackhijab:

~May Allah swt help us all~Amin!

Thank you for reading
sister

Take care!
~Wassalam.

JenGiove

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:hijabi:Dress decently
and getting rape is history:blackhijab:

~May Allah swt help us all~Amin!

Thank you for reading
sister

Take care!
~Wassalam.

Dear Sister,

I wish that was the case but when it comes to someone who rapes, their mind is so distorted that if they want to rape someone, it doesn't matter what they are wearing. The mind of a rapist is weak and can not resist the temptation to sate themselves. Like telling a small child not to look in the cookie jar then walking away, the rapist's mind works the same way. They are sick people who can not be cured.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★

Dear Sister,

I wish that was the case but when it comes to someone who rapes, their mind is so distorted that if they want to rape someone, it doesn't matter what they are wearing. The mind of a rapist is weak and can not resist the temptation to sate themselves. Like telling a small child not to look in the cookie jar then walking away, the rapist's mind works the same way. They are sick people who can not be cured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
Allah says in the Holy Quran,

"Oh Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veil) all over their bodies That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah swt is ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

The Quran states in Surah Ahzaab verse 59 "

… O Nabi! Say to the believing women to draw over them their outer garments (or cloaks) so that they be recognised and not molested."

Dress decently
that will stop the satan's(shaithan) whisper
and men won't look and thus' the bad influence
interest of raping will stop instantly.

~Allah swt Knows Best!

Thank you,