Study trip?!

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu my lovely TTI's :hijabi:

Hope that everyone is fine, and everyone is having an AMAZING blessed month- Ramadan :SMILY346:

My question is about Study trips...
Is it allowed for a muslimah to go for a study trip with her class?

fx. in my class I am the Only muslim girl, but I have good (girl) friends, who understands that; things which aren't allowed in Islam I DON'T TAKE PART IN...

Hope someone out there can amswer my question.. :)

And have a Great day- please remember me in your dua's..

Fi amani Allah
Wassalam alikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu..:hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Well ukhti there's a lot of factors to consider...such as

Where will you be going for this trip (museum..college campus..organization..park..an institution..etc.)?

Is this trip *mandatory* for the class?..will it affect your class grade *negatively* if you don't go?..or is it an *individual choice* which will not have any *negative academic* consequences?

Will there be unavoidable mixing of genders?

Will in-fact (regardless of whether or not you're not taking part in them) things which are *haram* or *makrooh* be done in your presence or you have to witness them taking place?

These are factors *for yourself* to consider and think about...but there's also another factor which involves *your parents*...

Are your *parents* fully aware of what this trip is for..what it will be like..who will be going to it..and when you will go?

Are they *okay* with you going?
(though when considering a *haram* or a thing that is *makrooh*..a parent's un-Islamic discretion not only takes the back seat..but gets shoved in *the trunk*..obeying your parents is a *must* if they are being sensible and they're speaking from a *valid* and *sound* Islamic stance in addition to that of *logic* and *ration*..so you have to bear this in mind ukhti)

Now of course..I'm not asking you these questions so you'd answer them here and get all personal (I don't want to make you uncomfortable after all)..but I trust that based on the factors of haram and halal..you have an ability to think deeply and devise a perspective and a decision that will please Allah (swt) and thus please you as well so I'm only sort of *reminding* you of certain factors :)

May Allah Bless you and Guard you..Ameen

:wasalam:

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamu alikum sister...

Thank you alot. Such reminders help.

Ocourse, I don't do anything my parents do not know- alhmdulilah :)

It's a good reminder, so thank you dear sister..

Wassalamu alikom

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister. And I would also like to mention about what would you do when it comes to the time for prayer? How would you be able to do it on time, and how will you know which way to face? And also there is a HIGH chance that for matters of sleeping, that the boys and girls will be together, and so you won't be able to sleep without taking your Hijab off, and also since it's pretty creepy for a Modest and Practicing Muslim sister to sleep when there are boys around (because heck a lot of them are STRAIGHT UP perverts, and ONCE they see the shape of your body, it'll provoke them to act stupid).

I would suggest that you should think about all of this sister. :)

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
As salamu alaikkum my sister. Sister you must see if this comes under the category of travelling, if that is the case then there are clear evidence from the sunnah that it is forbidden to travel without a mahram. Whether that be with a group of women, or women from your family, either way it is haram, and that is what is stated by the scholars too. Here is a fatwa I came across, the question asked to the sheikh is about going on hajj, however the sheikh answers the question, in terms of travelling...

A woman says: I live in the Kingdom (of Saudi Arabia) because I work here. I went for Hajj last year, and there were with me two of my female colleagues, but there was no mahram with us. What is the ruling concerning that?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This action – Hajj without a mahram – is haraam because of the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, when he was delivering a sermon, “No woman should travel except with a mahram.” A man stood up and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, my wife has set out for Hajj, and I have signed up for such-and-such a military campaign.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Go and do Hajj with your wife.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3006; Muslim, 1341.

So it is not permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram. A mahram is a man whom she is forever forbidden to marry because of blood ties or for a permissible reason. This is also subject to the condition that he be an adult of sound mind. A minor child cannot be a mahram, and neither can one who is not of sound mind. The reason for a mahram’s presence being required is so that he can look after her and protect her, so that she will not be bothered by those who do not fear Allaah and do not show mercy to the slaves of Allaah.

It makes no difference whether there are other women with her or not, or whether she is safe or not. Even if she goes with women from her own family and she is extremely safe, it is not permissible for her to travel without a mahram, because when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded that man to go and perform Hajj with his wife, he did not ask whether there were other women with her or not, or whether she was safe or not. The fact that he did not ask about that indicates that it makes no difference. This is the correct view.

Some people nowadays take the matter lightly and allow women travelling alone in a plane without a mahram. This undoubtedly goes against the clear meaning of the texts. Travel by plane is like any other kind of travel and still involves danger.

If the mahram of a woman travelling by plane takes her to the airport, as soon as she reaches the departure hall, he has to leave her there, then she is on her own without a mahram. The plane may leave on time or it may be late. It may leave on time but then have to come back for some reason, or it may land in another airport which is not the one she was heading for, and so on. It may land in the airport she is heading for after the expected time for some reason. If it happens that it lands on time, the mahram who is supposed to meet her may be late for some reason, either because he overslept or because of traffic congestion, or because his car broke down, or for some other reason. And even if he is there on time and meets the woman, there may have been a man sitting next to her on the plane who would deceive her and may like her and she likes him.

The point is that women should fear Allaah and not travel for Hajj or for any other reason except with a mahram who is an adult of sound mind. And Allaah is the One Whose help we seek.

I hope you don't take this as something negative from me, only wishing for your own good :)

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh sister. And I would also like to mention about what would you do when it comes to the time for prayer? How would you be able to do it on time, and how will you know which way to face? And also there is a HIGH chance that for matters of sleeping, that the boys and girls will be together, and so you won't be able to sleep without taking your Hijab off, and also since it's pretty creepy for a Modest and Practicing Muslim sister to sleep when there are boys around (because heck a lot of them are STRAIGHT UP perverts, and ONCE they see the shape of your body, it'll provoke them to act stupid).

I would suggest that you should think about all of this sister. :)

Wa'alaikom al salam akhii :)

Thanks for the advice. Ofcourse I think about all this...
Huhh if it was that boys and girls sleept in the same room, or i couldn't pray- I would not ask.. cos then i would know what to do- NOT THINK ABOUT GOING AT ALL!!!

But thank you..:D:D:D

Wassalam alikum :D