Sujood al-tilaawah

Steve940

:salam2:

I am currently trying to memorize parts of the Quran but I have a question. Usually when I try to memorize a verse or surah I listen to it on mp3 and follow along with the reading, and afterwards I recite the same section. However, I want to know if it is obligatory to prostrate at the 15 or so verses in the Quran where it is from the sunnah to prostrate when hearing or reciting.

With the purpose of memorizing, would I have to prostrate every time I read this verse? And if I did not prostrate would it be a sin?

abou haytam

I am currently trying to memorize parts of the Quran but I have a question. Usually when I try to memorize a verse or surah I listen to it on mp3 and follow along with the reading, and afterwards I recite the same section. However, I want to know if it is obligatory to prostrate at the 15 or so verses in the Quran where it is from the sunnah to prostrate when hearing or reciting.

With the purpose of memorizing, would I have to prostrate every time I read this verse? And if I did not prostrate would it be a sin?

i find a response to this part of question.

it s not sin cuz it s not obligatory.

'' Sujood al-tilaawah, whether during prayer or outside of it, is Sunnah, not obligatory, because evidence to that effect was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Thaabit and in the hadeeth of ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).''

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Samaahat al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 11/406.

check the link for more deatails.

Question:

Is it necessary to have wudoo’ in order to do sujood al-tilaawah (prostration required when reading certain verses of the Qur’aan)? Do we have to say Allaahu akbar when going down and coming up, whether that is whilst praying or otherwise? What should be said in this prostration? Are the du’aa’s that have been narrated for it saheeh? Is it prescribed to say salaam after this prostration if it is done outside of prayer?

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=22650&ln=eng&txt=سجود التلاوة