Sultan.org

dianek

My husband is insisting that I leave tti and study and read only from Sultan.org....what i would like to know from you all is have any of you ever visited the site and do you feel it is good place to learn from?

abdellah007

Salam alaykum sister

first of all it wouldnt be good leaving TTI, sultan.org is a good website too, i ve visited before. but it wouldnt help you if you need an answer about such matters. here u can put ur question then brothers and sisters will inform you by proofs from the quran and sunnah.

wassalam

dianek

That is what I told my hubby but he read a thread I was in yesterday, with the guy who was attacking Mabsoot, and he said that I should not learn from "these People, it's all fitna!" He INSISTS I refer to sultan.org and if I must frequent tti to ignore anything that is not supported with qu'ran and sunnah. He is a hot head and didn't see the whole scope of things just read one thing and went off........LOL......

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Assalamu-alaikum sister,

MashaAllah its good to know that brother Imad is concerned now that where you taking your knowledge of deen from. To me his concerns are very genuine and reasonable.
His advice was really important that you should look for proofs from Quran and Sunnah.
Sister its normal that we all have this tendency to be inclined towards something which we know better ourselves, like he knows well about Sultan.org so he suggested you that likewise you will suggest many that they should come here at TTI.
Now, the difference between the two sites is that one (TTI) is an active forum and you can ask about anything specific that is your concern at the moment whereas other one is knowledge bank but you cant communicate there.
What you should take care of, whether be it TTI or Sultan.org is that it should have a backing from the Quran and Sunnah.
May Allah make your learning journey a pleasurable one :SMILY259:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

why not use both TTI and sultan.org
you can learn from both, which ever one you see yourself learning more from, then you spend more time on that site...salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Sister, Some people when they trust something , it is difficult for them to trust another when they believe the first one can do the job. But when they try the new thing , they realise that the new thing can actually satisfy them better.

however his actions are understandable .Your husband want the best for you.....How fortunate you are...

Hsoldier

Selam aleykom wr wb

Sultan.org is the best site I have ever visited a lot of islamic knowledge even links to homepages to various Sheiks!

massi

That is what I told my hubby but he read a thread I was in yesterday, with the guy who was attacking Mabsoot, and he said that I should not learn from "these People, it's all fitna!" He INSISTS I refer to sultan.org and if I must frequent tti to ignore anything that is not supported with qu'ran and sunnah. He is a hot head and didn't see the whole scope of things just read one thing and went off........LOL......
sultan is a great website to learn more and more ...but if just about a topic from a new user here we don't know him very much ...he is very wrong ...there are ppl convert just cuz this forum so how we can leave it for FITNAPPL :SMILY286:
if any one leave the web site just cuz there are bad members it's a worst thing
we make it .

dianek

Thanks all! I will make a point to use both sites. And yes, I know he is showing his love for me by directing to what he believes is correct, but he can be very harsh in his manners about it.