Surah Al Mulk

-Marwan-

As salaam alaikum

Surah Al Mulk is the the surah that can protect you from the torment of the
grave now i have a question i have read that this surah is to be read at night - what time exactly at night can i read this surah? and another question do you have to read this surah in Arabic to protect yourself from the torment of the grave or can you also read it in English?

Jazakkalah khairan

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

The time of the night starts when Maghrib starts and it lasts till fajar starts. So, once fajar starts- the night ends.

This is why shaykh ibn `Uthaymeen rahimahullaah used to recite al-Mulk after he prayer maghrib salaah.

-Marwan-

Where is the hadith? I want to know

It was narrated that Abd-Allaah ibn Masood said: Whoever reads Tabaarak allaahi bi yadihil-mulk [i.e., Soorat al-Mulk] every night, Allaah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to call it al-maaniah (that which protects). In the Book of Allaah it is a soorah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well.

aussiemuslims.com/forums/showthread.php?28241-Protect-yourself-from-the-punishment-of-the-grave

-Marwan-

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

The time of the night starts when Maghrib starts and it lasts till fajar starts. So, once fajar starts- the night ends.

This is why shaykh ibn `Uthaymeen rahimahullaah used to recite al-Mulk after he prayer maghrib salaah.

Jazakallah khairan for replying but do you know the answer to my 2nd question?

"and another question do you have to read this surah in Arabic to protect yourself from the torment of the grave or can you also read it in English?"

:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Jazakallah khairan for replying but do you know the answer to my 2nd question?

"and another question do you have to read this surah in Arabic to protect yourself from the torment of the grave or can you also read it in English?"

:wasalam:

Recitation entails that one recites it in Arabic. It won't be considered recitation if you read the translation- that would be more like 'reading' an explanation of the words of Allaah in another language.