Surat 41:37 can't pray nafils????

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I just read surat 41, and had problems with this part 41:37. I like to pray Nafils(extra prayers), when ever there's time to kill. But now this made me wonder, if I'm doing it all wrong by praying nafils when ever I like, even when the moon or the sun is up shining:O???

I'd like to clear up this, any hadiths perhaps?

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

daywalker

It is prohibited to perform Salah when the sun is rising, at miday and when the sun is setting.

Uqba b. 'Amir said (RA): There were the times at which Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade us to pray, or bury our dead: When the sun begins to rise till it is fully up, when the sun is at its height at midday till it passes over the meridian, and when the sun draws near to setting till it sets. [Muslim]

It is prohibited to perform Nafl Salah after Faj’r Salah until the sun has risen and after the Asar Salah until the sun has set.

Narrated Qaza'a Maula (RA), (freed slave of) Ziyad: I heard Abu Said Al-khudri narrating four things from the Prophet (ﷺ) and I appreciated them very much. He said, conveying the words of the Prophet:

a) "A woman should not go on a two day journey except with her husband or a Dhi-Mahram.

b) No fasting is permissible on two days: 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha.

c) No prayer after two prayers, i.e. after the Fajr prayer till the sunrises and after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets.

d) Do not prepare yourself for a journey except to three Mosques, i.e. Al-Masjid-AI-Haram, the Mosque of Aqsa (Jerusalem) and my Mosque." [Bukhari]

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!

Thank you, both of you:) I'm one step closer:)
It is prohibited to perform Nafl Salah after Faj’r Salah until the sun has risen and after the Asar Salah until the sun has set.

Hmm, so when does the sun usually arise after Fajr? and when does the sun usually set after the Asr prayer?

I guess it's different based on where you live.

Inshallah I can correct this problem of mine, so brothers and sisters will avoid this problem.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I've a question. After the call for Magrib prayer but before the start for fard Magrib prayer, can you do a nafil prayer first?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Does praying while the sun is setting, rising and at its zenith also count for reading Quran as well?

sazk

Banned
umm actually i just read 41:37. it states Do not prostrate TO the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah. so i dont see why you're having a problem with the verse??? its an answer to those ppl who say that Allah is a Moon God, astaghfirullah, because Allah knew these ppl would come up with these accusations in the 21st century (Perfect Knowledge of past, present and future).

so He specifically said do not prostrate (worship) to the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah who created them. its an answer for those who accuse Allah of being a moon god (astaghfirullah).

hope that answers the question.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
My parents always told us never to read Quran at noon. I never understood that till recently, but its because that's when the sun is at its zenith. Erm, so can a person read Quran during sunrise/sunset? Because I sometimes do read it between Asr while I'm waiting for maghrib.

sazk

Banned
well i go to the masjid and never see ppl reading the quran during sunrise/sunset either. i've also spent sai roza (3 days) in the masjid and my companions always stop reading the quran during all three times.

daywalker

well i go to the masjid and never see ppl reading the quran during sunrise/sunset either. i've also spent sai roza (3 days) in the masjid and my companions always stop reading the quran during all three times.
:salam2: ask them for the evidence. They shouldn´t mix it prohibitation time of salah with reciting quran.