Takhreej of Kitaab at Tawheed

Salem9022

Chapter 18

Chapter 18: What Has been Said Concerning the Reason for Mankind's Disbelief and abandonment of their religion-it is Exaggerated Praise of the Righteous

Allah says: "O! you People of the Book! Commit not excesses in your religion or say of Allah anything but the truth" (4:171) "And they said: "Do not abandon your gods: Do not abandon Wadd, nor Yaghooth, or Ya'ooq, or Nasr,"and they have led many astray. And [oh, Allah!] Grant increase to the wrong-doers save error" (71:23-24)

Ibn 'Abbas said: the idols of the people fo Noah were known amoung the Arabs later on. Wadd belonged to (the tribe of) Kalb in Dawmat al-Jandal. Suwaa' belonged to Hudhayl. Taghoot belonged to Muraad, then to Bani Ghutayf in al-Jawf, near Sabaa'. Ya'ooq belonged to Hamadaan. Nasar belonged to Humayr of Aal Dhi'l-Kalaa'. These were names of righteous men from the people fo Noah when they died; the devil inspired their people to set up idols in the places where they had used to sit and to call those idols by their names. They did that but they did not worship them, but after those people died and knowledge had been forgotten, then they started to worship them. (Bukhari, 4636)

The Messenger of Allah said: "Do not extol me as the Christians extolled the son of Mary; I am no more than a slave (of Allah) and so (instead), say: Allah's slave and His Messenger." (Agreed upon)

The Messenger of Allah said: "Beware of exaggerated praise for it was only this which led those before you to destruction" (Ahmad an Nasaa'ee and Ibn Maajah, declared authentic (saheeh) by Ibn Taymeeyah and is found in As Saheehah of Al Albaanee #1283)

The Messenger of Allah said: "Destroyed are those who are extreme" and he repeated it three times" (Muslim)

Salem9022

Chapter 19

Chapter 19: What Has been said Concerning the Condemnation of One Who Worships Allah at the Grave of a Righteous Man- and Therefore of One Who Worships Its Inhabitant

Umm Salamah told the Messneger of Allah about a church she had seen in Abyssinia in which there were-pictures. The Prophet said: "Those people, when a reighteous member of their group or pious slave of Allah dies, they build a Mosque over his grave and make images therein; they are the worst of the creation in the sight of Allah" (Agreed upon)

Ibn Al Qayyim said: "In Most cases, the reason why nations fall into polytheism is because of images and graves." (Zaad al-Ma'aad, 3/458)

"When the Messenger of Allah was close to death, he covered his face with a cloth and then when it became difficult for him to breathe, he uncovered his Face and said: "May Allah curse the Jews and Chritians who took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship, do not imitate them" "And, (added 'Aa'ishah,) "if it had not been for this, his grave might have been raised above the ground, but it was feared that it would be taken as a place of worship." (Agreed upon)

The Prophet said five days before his death: "Your predecessors used to take their Prophets' graves as places of worship, so not make graves into places of worship for I have forbidden you to do this."He forbade it (building over graves) towards the end of his life and cursed whoever did so likewise praying near them. even if no building is erected over them and this is the intended meaning here, since none of the Companions would have built a mosque over the grave of the Messenger of Allah, for every place where the intention for prayer is made is a place of worship; indeed, every place which is used as a place of prayer may be classified as a mosque, as He said:

"The whole earth has been made for me a pure and clean mosque." (Agreed upon)

[The Prophet said: "All the earth is a mosque apart from the graveyards and bathrooms." (Thirmidhee, 317; Ibn Maajah;classed as saheeh by Albaanee in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 606])

Salem9022

Chapter 20

Chapter 20: What has Been Said About Exaggeration in Raising up the Graves of the Righteous and How They Tend to Become Idols Worshiped Besides Allah

Imam Malik has reported in his book, Al-Muwatta', that the Messenger of Allah said: "o, Allah! Do not let my grave become an idol that is worshipped: Allah's Wrath is Immense against those peoples who turned the graves of their Prophets into mosques." (Al Albaanee graded it saheeh in Tadheer As-Saajid #11]

Ibn Jareer reports, on the authority of Sufyaan, from Mansoor, from Mujahid (that he said): "Have you seen Al-Laat and Al-'Uzza and another, Manaat, the third [diety]?"-He (Al-Laat) used to prepare sawed for the pilgrms, and when he died, the people began to sit at his grave." And this has been reported by Abu Jawza from Ibn Abbar that he used to prepare sawed for the pilgrims (Ibn Jareer)

Allah's Messenger said: "Cursed are those women who visit the graves and those who take them as places of worship" (Narrated by Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhee and An Nasaa'ee, declared authentic (saheeh) except for the mention of 'placing lights (on the graves) by Al Albaanee in Ad Da'eefah #225 & Tadheer as Saajid #43, Al Albaanee pointed out that although there is no authentic hadeeth mentioning the curse for it, it remains an innovation nevertheless)

Salem9022

Chapter 21

Chapter 21: That which has been said concerning the Prophet's protectiveness of monotheism and His blocking of every path leading to polytheism

Allah says: "Verily, there has come to you a Messenger from amoungst you-selves: It grieves him that you should perish: He is ardently anxious over you. To the Believers He is the Most Kind and Merciful" (9:128)

Allah's Messenger said: "Do not make your homes into graves nor make my grave into a place of celebration send your prayers and blessings upon me, for they will be conveyed to me whereever you may be." (Abu Dawood, Ibn Taymeeya declared its chain of narration to be good (hasan) in Iqtidaa 2/170)

Salem9022

Chapter 22

Chapter 22: What Has Been Said Concerning Those of This nation who Worship Idols

Allah says: "Do you not see those who were given a portion of the Book? they believe in Al-Jibt and At-Taaghoot and say to the unbelievers that they are guided than the believers!" (4:51)

"Say: "Shall I inform you of something much worse than this [as judged] by the treatment it recieved from Allah? Those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some he transformed into apes and some into swine, those who worshipped At-Taghoot - they are worse in rank and far astray from the even Path" (5:60)

Umar said: "Al-Jibt means magic and At-Taaghoot means the devil" ["Ibn Hajr Al Asqaalani said "...its like is reported from Umar with a strong chain of narration" 8/251 Fath ul Bari, Ibn Uthaymeen said: "As for his explanation of at taghoot with the devil (ash shaytaan), then indeed this is from what enters into tafseer by examples" [Al Qawl Al Mufeed 2/9-10]]

"And thus did we make their case known to the people that they might know that the Promise of Allah is true & that there can be no doubt about the Hour. When they disputed amoung themselves about their affair, [some] said: "Construct a building over them." Their Lord knows best about them: Those who prevailed over their affair said "Verily, we will build a place of worship over them."" (18:21)

The Messenger of Allah said: "Surely you will follow the way of those before you just as the flight of one arrow resembles another, so much so, that even if they entered the hole of a lizar, you would enter it." They said: "the Jews and Christians?" He replied: "(If not them) then whom?" (Agreed Upon)

The Messenger of Allah said: "Verily Allah folded the earth for me, so much so that I saw its East and its west: The kingdom of my nation will reach as far as the earth was folded for me. The two treasures, both the red and the white were given to me. I prayed to my Lord that He may not destroy my naiton by a widespread drought and not give sovereignty over them to an enemy who annihilates them in larger numbers except from amoung themselves and then verily my Lord said: "Oh Muhammad! When I issue a decree, it is not withdrawn: I have promised your nation that I will not destroy it by a widespread drought and I shall not give sovereignty of them to an enemy who exterminates them in large numbers, even if they are stormed from all sides of the earth except from among themselves only a portion of them will destroy another portion and a portion will take another portion prisoner" This was also narrated by Al-Barqaani, who added: "I fear for my nation those leaders who will send them astray: When the sword is used among my people, it will not be withdrawn from them until the Day of Resurrection and the Hour will not come until a tribe from among my nation attach themselves to the polytheists and large groups (fi'amm)of my people worship idols; and there will be amoung my nation thrity liars, all them claiming that he is a prophet, though I am the Seal of the Prophets - none will come after me. But some of my nation will continue to hold to the truth and they will be victorious and they will not be harmed by those who oppsose them until Alla's Command comes." (Muslim and the addition reported by Al Barqaani, Abu Dawood and Ibn Maajah and other than them was declared saheeh by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Jamaai as Sagheer)

Salem9022

Chapter 23

Chapter 23: What Has Been Said Concerning Magic (Sihr)

Allah Says: "And they knew that the buyers would have no share in the Hereafter" (2:102)

Allah says: "Do you not see those who were given a portion of the Book? They believe in Al-Jibt and At-Taaghoot and they say to the unbelievers that they are better guided than the believers!" (4:51)

Umar said: "Al-Jibt means magic and At-Taaghoot means the devil" ["Ibn Hajr al Asqaalani said "...its like is reported from Umar with a strong chain of narration" 8/251 Fath ul Bari, Ibn Khateer said: "And the opinion that the Taghoot means the shaytaan is very strong" Tafseer Ibn Khatheer 2:256]

Jaabir said: "The Tawaagheet are the fortunetellers every village has one that the shaytaan inspires" [Reported by Bukhari is disconnected form, Ibn Hajr said in Al Fath 8/252 and it is connected by Ibn Abee Haatim from the route of Wahb Ibn Munabbih and it is reported in connected form again by Ibn Jareer in his tafseer" (3/13) Ibn Uthaymeen said: "the tafseer of Jaabir is tafseer with an example like the tafseer of Umar" [Al Qawl Al Mufeed 2/11])

The Messenger of Allah said: "Avoid the seven destroyers." they (the Companions) asked: "Oh, Messenger of Allah! What are they?" He replied: "Ash-shirk (aaosciating partners) with Allah and sorcery" (Agreed upon)

From Jundub "The punishment for the magician is that he be struck with the sword" [Reported by at- Tirmidhee 5/157, and he said: "We do not know this hadeeth in marfoo form except from this angle and Ismaaeel Ibn Muslim Al Makki weakens the hadeeth Ismaaeel IBn Al Adwaa al Basree Wakee said: He is reliable and he narrates from Al Hasan also and it is authentic (saheeh) from Jundub in Mawqoof form and the hadeeth is reported again by At Tabaranee in 'Al Kabeer' 1665 and Ad Daaraqutnee 3/114 and Al Haakim 4/360 and he declared it saheeh and Adh Dhahabee agreed, it was also reported by Al Bayhaqi 8/136 and it was reported from Ismaaeel from Al Hasan in mursal form, Abdur Razzaq 10/184 and Ibn Hazm 11/396 and the hadeeth was declared da'eef by Ibn Hajr in Al Fath 10/236 and this is the opinion preferred by Adh Dhahabee in Al Kabaair 42 and the hadeeth can be found in Ad Da'eefah #1446 of Ash Shaykh Al Albaanee]

It is narrated by Bukhari, on the authority of Bajalah Ibn 'Ubadah that he said: "'Umar Ibn Al-Khattab wrote: "Execute every magician" "So, continued Bajalah, "we executed three magicians" (But there is no mention of the ordering of the killing of the magicians, which is in the narration with Imam Ahmad 1/190-191 and Abu Dawood, declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood and declared saheeh by Ibn Hazm 11/398)

And it is reported authentically from Hafsah that she ordered the execution of her slave for practicing magic upon her and she was executed [Munqati (disconnected) according to Abdul Qaadir Arna'outt]

And its like is saheeh from Jundub

Ahmad said: From three of the Companions of the prophet

Salem9022

Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Clarification of some of the types of magic

"Al Iyaafah...from Al Jibt" [Reported by Abu-Dawood #3907 & An-Nasaa'ee in 'Al Kubraa' #11108 & Ibn Hibbaan in his 'Saheeh' # 1426, Ash Shaykh Al Albaanee pointed out that it has a defect owing to idtirab (confusion) concerning the name (Hayyain) See 'Ghyaat Al Maram #301]

Awf said, "Iyafah (augury] is predictions based on birds, and tarq is the lines etched in the earth"

Al Hasan said that jibt is "the screaming of Shaytaan" with a good chain of narration

The Prophet said: "Whoever learns some knoledge from astrology has learnt a part of magic (sihr) those who learn more accumulate more (sin)" [Reported by Abu Dawood with this wording "Whoever learns some knowledge from astrology" and its like is reported by Ibn Maajah and declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Al Jaami as Sagheer and Al Iraqi in 'Takhreej Al Ihayaa 4/117 and Adh Dhahabee as occurs in Faid Al Qadeer 6/80)

The Prophet said: "Shall I not tell you what al-adhdhah is? it is tale carrying" (Agreed upon)

The Prophet said: "Verily, some eloquence (can be so beautiful); it constitutes sorcery" (Agreed upon)

Salem9022

Chapter 25

Chapter 25: What has Been said About Fortune-tellers and Their Like?

The Prophet said: "Whoever goes to a fortuneteller and asks him about anything his prayers will not be accepted for 40 days" [Muslim #2230, as regards what Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab added to this narration in Kitaab At Tawheed: "and believed what he said" this not related by Muslim but rather occurs in a narration from Ahmad 4/68 & 5/380 and Ash Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al Uthaymeen mentioned this in Al Qawl Al Mufeed 2/62]

The Prophet said: "Whoever went to a fortuneteller and believed in what he said is free of what was revealed to Muhammad" [Abu Dawood #3904, saheeh, See Irwaa Al Ghaleel of Albaanee #2006]

The Prophet said: "Whoever practices at-tiyarah, or tells fortunes or seeks advice from a fortune-teller or practices magic or asks another to do is not one of us and whoever goes to a soothsayer and believers what he tells him as disbelieved in that was revealed to Muhammad." [Narrated by Al-Bazaar, with a good chain of narration and declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer and see Ghayaat Al Maram (289)]

Al-Baghawee said: "the seer (al'arraaf) who claims to know the unseen depends upon knowledge stolen (by the jinn who over heard it from the lowest heaven) and falsehood and the like; It has been said that he is the same as the fortune-teller (al-kaahin), but the latter is, in fact, one who claims knowledge of the unseen events of the future. It has also been said that he one who knows the secrets of the mind."

Ibn Taymeeyah said: "the seer is a name for the fortune-teller, the astrologer, the thrower of sand and all those who claim knowledge of these matters by such means."

Salem9022

Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Counteracting Magic

Allah's Messenger was asked about counteracting magic with magic and he said: "It is from the deeds of Satan" (Ahmad & Abu Dawood, Ibn Hajr declared it hasan in Al Fath #3868)

Ibn Al-Qayyim said: "Counteracting the effects of magic is of two kinds: "1. Counteracting magic with its like and this is the work of the devil which the saying of Al Hasan refers to. So the one seeking the naashir and the one performing it go to a Shaytaan giving him what he wants in exchange for what will remove the spell. The 2nd Is an Nushrah by means of ar-ruqyah, seeking refuge with Allah, permissible medicines and making supplicaions to Allah - these are all permitted forms of counteracting magic"

Salem9022

Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Belief in Omens

Allah says: "And when good came to them, they said: "This is due to us." But when evil befell them, they ascribed it to omens connected with Moses and those with him! Verily, in truth the omens of evil are theirs in Allah's sight, but most of them understand not!" (7:131)

Allah says: "they said: "your evil omens are with yourselves." If you are admonished [do you deem it an evil omen?] No! But you are a people transgressing all bounds" (36:19)

The Messenger of Allah said: "There is no 'adwaa (transmission of infectious disease without the permission of Allah), no tiyarah (superstitious belief in bird omens) and no haamah and no Safar." (Agreed upon) Muslim, in his Saheeh, adds:"...and no naw and no ghoul."

Allah's Messenger said: "There is no 'adwaa and no tiyarah, but optimism pleases me." They asked: "What is optimism?" he replied: "It is the good word." (Agreed upon)

The Prophet said: "At-Tiyarah is Polytheism" (Declared saheeh by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood and Adh-Dhahabee in his checking of Al Mustadrak)

Ibn Mas'ood said: "There is none amoung us who is not afflicted by it, but Allah, by true dependence on Him removes it from the heart." (Declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood and in Saheeh Sunan at Tirmidhee #1314)

The Prophet said: "Whoever is turned back from his objective by a bad omen he as committed polytheism" (Ahmad 2/220 and is in As Saheehah of Al Albaanee #1065 who included it up to: "he has committed shirk" in Saheeh Al Jaami #6264)

Salem9022

Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Astrology

"Al-Bukhari said in his Saheeh: Qatadah said: "Allah created these stars for three purposes: to adorn the heavens, to stone the devils and as signs by which to navigate, whoever seeks anything else in them is mistaken and does not benefit from them, and he is wasting his time and effort in seeking something of which he has no knowledge" [Reported by Bukhari in disconnected form, Abdul Qaadir Arna'outt said his Takhreej of the hadeeth in Fath Al Majeed Sharh Kitab At Tawheed: "Ibn Hajr said: "And connected by Ibn Hameed" in Al Fath"]

Harb informs us that while Qatadah disliked the studying of the lunar phases, Ibn Uyainah forbade it, and Ahmad and Ishaaq permitted it"

The hadeeth of Abee Moosa that Allah's Messenger said: "Three will not enter the paradise, the believer in sorcery..." [Reported by Ahmad in his Musnad 4/399 and Saheeh Ibn Hibbaan 1380, 1381 and the hadeethwas declared weak by Ash Shaykh Al Albaanee in Da'eef Al Jaami as Sagheer, declared saheeh by Adh-Dhahabee in his checking of Al Mustadrak, Ibn Uthaymeen said: "As for the belief in magic it is of 2 types, the first is that one believes it has an effect and there is no objection to this because it is a matter of fact. The second type is to believe in it and to accept it this is forbidden and the permitted" Fatawaa Ibn Uthaymeen]

Salem9022

Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Concerning seeking rain by the stars

Allah says: "And instead [of thanking Allah] for the provision He gives you, on the contrary, you deny [Him] by disbelief" (56:82)

The Messenger of Allah said: "There are four traites remaining from the pre-Islamic days of ignorance to be found in my nation, which they will not abandon: (i) Pride in the nobility of one's ancestors, (ii) defaming the ancestors of others, (iii) seeking rainfall from the stars and excessive mourning and wailing for the dead." (Muslim)

Zaid Ibn Khalid Al-Juhani said: "Allah's Messenger prayed the morning-prayer with us in Al-Hudaibiyaah after it had rained during the night and when he had finished, he addressed the people saying "Do you know what your Lord said?" they said "Allah and his Messenger knows best" he Said."Allah said "Some of my slaves this morning are true believers in Me and others are disbelievers: As for those who say: "We have received rain from the Bounty of Allah and His Mercy," they are Believers in Me and disbelievers in the stars, while those who say: "We have received rain from the movements of such-and-such a star," are disbelievers in me and believers in the stars." (Agreed upon)

It is reported by Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas a hadith carrying the same meaning as the previous Hadith: "Some (of the people) said: "the promise of rain of such-and-such a star has come true." Then Allah revealed the following verses: "Furthermore, I call to witness the setting of the stars and that is indeed a might oath, did you but know it - that this is indeed a Qur'an most honorable, in a Book well-guarded, which none touch except the pure ones: A Revelation from the Lord of the worlds. Is it such a Message as you would deny? And instead [of thanking Allah] for the provision He gives you, on that contrary, you deny [Him] by disbelief" (56:75-82)

Salem9022

Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Allah's Words and among the People Are Those Who Take partners besides Allah

Allah says: "And amoung the people are those who take [for worship] partners besides Allah; they love them as they should love Allah, but those of faith are greater in their love for Allah. If only the evil-doers could see, Behold! they would see the punishment and that to Allah belongs all power, and Allah will strongly enforce the punishment" (2:165)

Allah says: "Say: "if it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard, and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allah brings about His Decision - and Allah guides not the rebellious" (9:24)

Allah's Messenger said: "None of you truely believe until I am more beloved by him than his sons his father and all of mankind" (Agreed upon)

Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness of faith: (i) The one to whom Allah and His Messenger are more loved than anything else; (ii) the one who loves a person purely and solely for Allah's sake; and (iii) the one who hates to return to disbelief after Allah has saved him, as he would hate to be thrown into the Fire." (Agreed upon And in another narration: "None of you will find the Sweetness of faith until" (Bukhari)

Ibn 'Abbas said: "Whoever loved for Allah's sake and hated for Allah's sake and befriended for Allah's sake and showed enmity for Allah's sake, will achieve by this Allah's friendship and that slave will not attain the real taste of faith even though he may pray much and fast much until he does all these things. Today, most of the people maintain relationships and love only for some wordly reason, but this will not profit them anything (on the Day of Judgment)." (Ibn Jareer At-Tabari, Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al Uthaymeen said: "This narration is Mawqoof but its meaning is marfoo" [Al Qawl Al Mufeed 2/191]

Salem9022

Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Allah's Words: "It is only Satan who suggests to you the fear of his supporters and friends. Do not fear them, but fear Me, if you are of the Believers" (3:175)

"The mosques of Allah shall be maintained only by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, offer prayers perfectly, give charity (Zakah) and fear none but Allah: It is they who are most likely to be on true guidance" (9:18)

Allah says: "There are among men those who say: "We believe in Allah," but when they suffer affliction in Allah's cause, they treat men's oppression as if it were the punishment of Allah! And if help comes to you from your Lord, they will surely say: "We have [always] been with you!" Does not Allah know best all that is in the hearts of the worlds of mankind and the jinn?" (29:10)

Allah's Messenger said: "Whoever seeks Allah's Pleasure at the expense of men's displeasure, will sin Allah's Pleasure and Allah will cause men to be pleased with him. And whoever seeks to please men at the expence of Allah's Displeasure, will win the Displeasure of Allah and Allah will cause men to be displeased with him." (Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh and is in as-Saheehah of Al Albaanee)

The narration of Abee Sa'eed: "It is from the weakness of certainty..." [Al Bayhaqi declared Muhammad Ibn Marwaan da'eef in Shu'ab Al Eemaan 1/151 and 152. Shaykh Sulayman said in Tayseer: "Weak (da'eef) and its meaning is saheeh"]

Salem9022

Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Allah's Words: [And Depend Upon Allah if You Truly Believe]

"And depend upon Allah if you truly believe" (5:23)

"Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts and when His verses are recited to them, they [the verses] increase their faith and they put their trust in their Lord, Alone" (8:2)

"O, Prophet! Sufficient for you is Allah, and for those who follow you among the Believers" (8:64)

"And whoever places his trust in Allah, then he will suffice him" (65:3)

Ibn 'Abbas said: "Allah is Sufficient for us and He is the best Disposer of affairs" (3:173)

Abraham said it when he was thrown in the fire and Muhammad said it when it was to him:

"The people are gathering against you, so fear them." But it only increased their faith; they said: "For us Allah is Sufficient and He is the best Disposer of affairs" (3:173) (Bukhari)

Salem9022

Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Allah's Words: "Did They Then Feel Secure against the Plan of Allah?"

Allah says; "Did they then feel secure against the Plan of Allah? But none can feel secure against the Plan of Allah except those who are lost" (7:99)

"And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?" (15:56)

Ibn Abbas said, "Allah's Messenger was asked about the major sins, He said, "Shirk with Allah, despair of hope in Allah and feeling secure from Allah's planning" [Reported by Al Bazaar, and Ibn Abee Haatim by way of Shabib bin Bishr, from Ikrimah, from Ibn Abbar. It's narrators are trustworhy except for Shabib bin Bishr...." [Fath Al Majeed] Al Haythamee mentioned it in Majmaa Az-Zawaa'id 1/104, from the hadeeth of Ibn Abbas, saying at the end of it, "Recorded by Al Bazaar and at Tabaranee and their narrators are trustworthy" Al Arna'outt, Ibn Katheer said: "and its chain of narration needs looking into" Tafseer Ibn Katheer 1/485]

Ibn Mas'ood said: "the most heinous of all the major sins are: shirk, believing that one is safe from Allah's Plan, despairing of Allah's Mercy and losing hope of Allah's Relief" (Ibn Katheer said it is saheeh from him, without doubt in his Tafseer 1/485. "It was recorded by Jareer with a correct chain from Ibn Mas'ood {Fath Al Majeed} And Al Haythamee mentioned it in Majmaa Az-Zawaa'id 1/104 reporting it from a Tabaranee in al Kabeer, He said, "its chain is saheeh"" Al Arna'outt)

Salem9022

Chatper 34

Chapter 34: Belief in Allah Consists of Patience in the Face of Allah Has Ordained for Us

Allah says: "No kind of calamity occurs except by Allah's leave: And whoever believed in Allah, Allah will guide his heart [aright]: For Allah knows all things" (64:11)

Alqamah said: "He is the one who, when calamity strikes him, knows that is is from his Lord and accepts it with equanimity and submits (himself to Allah's Will.") (Ibn Jareer Ibn Abee Haatim & Ibn Khatheer (4/376))

"And whosover believes in Allah, He guides his heart aright. And Allah has full knowledge over everything."

"Allah's Messenger said: "Two traits found in people are signs of disbelief: Defaming a person's lineage and bewailing the deceased." (Muslim)

The Prophet said: "He who slaps his cheeks and tears his cloths and calls with the call of the pre-Islamic days of Ignorance is not one of us" (Agreed upon)

The Prophet said: "When Allah wills good for His slave, He hastens to punish him in this life and when he wills evil for His slave He withholds punishing him for his sins until he comes before Him on the Day of Resurrection" (Tirmidhee & Al Haakim, declared saheeh by Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

And He said: "The greatness of the reward is tied to the greatness of the trial: When Allah loves a people he puts them to trial. Whoever accepted it will enjoy Allah's Pleasure and who ever is displeased with it will incur Allah's Displeasure" (Tirmidhee, declared hasan by Al-Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

Salem9022

Chatper 35

Chapter 35: Showing Off

Allah says: "Say: "I am but a man like you, [but] it has been revealed to me that your God is One God: So whoever desires to meet his Lord, let him do righteous deeds and let him not associate any partners with his Lord in his worship" (18:11)

The Prophet said that Allah says: "I am Independent of all the partners (ascribed to me). Whoever performs a deed while associating partners with Me, I will leave him and his Shirk." (Muslim)

The Prophet said: "Shall I not tell you what I fear for you more than the false messiah...It is hidden polytheism (shirk) such as when a person stands in prayer and he improves his prayer when he knows that others are watching." (Ahmad & Ibn Maajah, declared hasan by Al Bosaaree in Al Bosaaree in Al Zawaa'id & Declared authenticby Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer and it is said in Az Zawaa'id: "its chain of narration is hasan, And they differed concerning: Katheer Ibn Zayd and Rabeeh Ibn Abdur Rahmaan")

Salem9022

Chapter 36

Chapter 36: It is a Form of polytheism to perform a (Good) Deed for Worldly Reasons

Allah says: "To whosoever desires the life of this world and its glitter, we shall pay [the price of] their deeds therein - without decrease. They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter except the Fire: Vair are their deeds therein" (11:15-16)

Allah's Messenger said: "Perish the slave of the deenar, the dirham, the khameesah (expensive, luxurious clothing) and the khameelah (Richly embroidered garments) if he is given these things, he is pleased and if he is not, he is displeased. May such a person perish and be of the losers and if he is pierced with a thorn, may he not find anyone to remove it. Felicity (or, according to some scholars, a tree in Paradise) is for the one who holds the reins of his horse to strive in Allah's cause, with his hair unkempt and his feet covered with dust: If he is placed in the vanguard he will be found in the vanguard and if he is placed in the rearguard, he will be found in the rearguard. If he asks for permission, it is not granted and if he intercedes, it is not accepted." (Bukhari)