Takhreej of Kitaab at Tawheed

Salem9022

Chapter 57

Chapter 57: The-prohibition of cursing the Wind

Allah’s Messenger said: “Do not malign the wind; if you see that which displeases you, say: “Oh, Allah! We ask of You the good of this wind and the good that it is commanded to bring with it; and we seek refuge with You from the evil of this wind and the evil that it is commanded to bring with it.” (Tirmidhee, declared saheeh by Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

Salem9022

Chapter 58

Chapter 58: Allah’s Words: “[They Were] Moved by Wrong Thoughts about Allah - Thoughts Which Belonged to the Jaahiliyyah”

Allah says: “[They were] moved by wrong thoughts about Allah - thoughts which belonged to the Jaahiliyyah: They said: “Is the matter anything to do with us?” Say to them: “Verily, the matter is for Allah.” They hide within themselves what they would never reveal to you: They say: “If the matter had been left with us, none of us would have been killed here.” Say: “Even if you had remained in your homes, those for whom death was written would have gone forth to their deaths.” But [all this was] that Allah might test what is in your hearts and purge what is in your hearts, for Allah knows well the secrets of your hearts” (3:154)

“And that He may punish the hypocrites, men and women, and the polytheists, men and women, who think evil of Allah: On them is a round of evil: The Wrath of Allah is on them: He has cursed them and prepared for them the Hell-fire: And an evil destination is it” (48:6)

Ibn Al-Qayyim said, concerning the first verse: “The explanation of this thought (of the unbelievers) is that they believed that Allah would not help His Messenger and that his affair (i.e. Islam) will be forgotten. It is also explained as meaning that the afflictions which befell him were not from Allah's Qadr and His Wisdom. It is therefore explained as a denial of Allah's Qadr and His Wisdom and denial that the matter (i.e. Message) of His Messenger would be completed and that it would prevail over all religions. These were the evil thoughts of the hypocrites and the polytheists as mentioned in Qur'an Al-Fath - and they are only that: evil thoughts. Any person who believes that falsehood will prevail over Truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) continuously, and that it will cause Truth to disappear, or who denies that things occur in accordance with Allah's Qadr and His Decision, or denies the overriding wisdom behind His Qadr , which is deserving of all praise, and thinks that it is due to an aimless, purposeless will: These are the thoughts of those who disbelieve. Woe to those who disbelieve in the Hell-fire - and most of them think ill of Allah when it concerns that which affects them in particular and what He does to others, and none is saved from such evil thoughts except those who truly know Allah and His Divine Names and Attributes and understand the necessity of His Wisdom and of praising Him. Let the wise recipient of good counsel look at himself closely in this matter and repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness for having thought ill of his Rabb. And if you were to examine such individuals, you would see each of them in distress and anger with what Allah has decreed, blaming and finding fault in it and thinking that it should have been such-and-such. In this, some are more-guilty than others. Examine yourself: Are you free from such thoughts? If you are saved from it, you have been saved from a great calamity, but if you are not, I cannot regard you as saved."

Salem9022

Chapter 59

Chapter 59: What Has Been Said About Those Who Deny Allah’s Qadr?

Ibn ‘Umar said: “By Him in Whose Hand is the soul of Ibn ‘Umar, if anyone possessed gold as much as the mountain of Uhud and spent it in Allah’s cause, Allah would not accept it from him unless he believed in Allah’s Qadr.” Then he cited the words of the Prophet “Faith is to believe in Allah His Angels His revealed Books His messengers the last day and Al-Qadr both the good and bad of it.” (Muslim)

It is reported on the authority of ‘Ubadah Ibn As-Saamit that he said to his son: “Oh, son! You will never taste true faith until you know that whatever afflicts you would not have missed you and whatever has missed you would never have come to you. I heard the Messenger of Allah say: “The first thing Allah created was the pen; He commanded it to write. It said: “My Lord! What shall I write?” He said: “Write down what has been ordained for all things until the establishment of the Hour.” Oh, my son! I heard Allah’s Messenger say: “Whoever dies believing something other than this does not belong to me.” (Abu Dawood & Tirmidhee & declared saheeh by Albaanee in Thalal Al Jannah)

In another version from Ibn Wahhab, it was said: “Allah’s Messenger said:
“Whoever disbelieved in Al-Qadr, the good and the bad of it, will be burnt in the Hell-fire.” [TAKHREEJ NOT FOUND/GIVEN]

It is reported that Ibn Ad-Dailami said: “I went to Ubayy Ibn Ka’b and said to him: “There is some doubt within me concerning Al-Qadr; please tell me of something by which Allah might take it (the doubt) from my heart.” He said: “Even were you to spend gold equivalent in weight to the mountain of Uhud, Allah would not accept it from you until you believe in Al-Qadr. And know that what has afflicted you could not be avoided and what did not come to you could never be attained and if you die believing other than this then you are one of the people of the Hell-fire” I then went to ‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood Hudhaifah Ibn Al-Yamaan Zaid Ibn Thabit and all of them told me something similar from the Prophet" (Ahmad,Abu Dawood and Ibn Majaah and Declared Saheeh by Albaanee in Thalal Al Jannah)

Salem9022

Chapter 60

Chapter 60: What Has Been Said About Those Who Make Pictures (of Living Things?)

The Messenger of Allah said: “Allah, the most high said: “And who is more unjust than one who tries to create the like of my creation? Let them create an ant or an atom or let them create a wheat grain or let them create a barley grain.” (Agreed upon)

The Messenger of Allah said: “The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah’s creation.” (Agreed upon)

The Messenger of Allah said: “Every picture maker is in the Fire. A soul will be placed in every picture made by him and it will punish him in the Hell-fire.” (Agreed upon)

From Ibn Abbas that The Prophet said: “Whoever makes images in this world, will be charged with breathing a soul into it on the day of resurrection and he will not be able to do so.” (Agreed upon)

On the authority of Abul Hayaaj Al-Asadi, it is reported that ‘Ali said to him: “Shall I not send you on a mission on which-I was sent by Allah’s Messenger ? “Do not leave any image without erasing it or any elevated grave without leveling it to the ground.” (Muslim)

Salem9022

Chapter 61

Chapter 61: About Frequent Swearing

Allah says: “Protect your oaths” (5:89)

Allah’s Messenger said: “Swearing may benefit (the sale of) commodities, but it will erase the reward (in the Hereafter).” (Agreed upon)

The Messenger of Allah said: “There are three types of people to whom Allah will not speak and neither will he bless them and for them is a severe torment. They are: (i) The white-haired old adulterer; (ii) the arrogant beggar; and (iii) the one who makes Allah as his merchandise: He does not purchase except by swearing (by Allah) and he does not sell except by swearing (by Allah)” (At-Tabaranee, with an authentic chain, declared saheeh by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

“The best of my nation is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them: “I don’t know if he mentioned two generations after his, or three.” “Then after you there will come a generation who will testify without being called upon to do so and they will be treacherous and untrustworthy. They will swear oaths, but they will not fulfill them and obesity will be seen in them.” (Agreed upon)

Allah’s Messenger said: “The best of people are those of my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them, after which there will-come a people whose testimonies will precede their oaths and whose oaths will precede their testimonies.” (Agreed upon)

Ibraheem An-Nakha’i said: “When we were children, they used to beat us concerning oaths and testimonies.” (Bukhari)

Salem9022

Chapter 62

Chapter 62: Allah’s Covenant and the Covenant of His Prophet

Allah says: “And fulfill the Covenant of Allah when you have entered into it, and break not your oaths after you have confirmed them: Indeed you have made Allah your surety for Allah knows all that you do” (16:91)

“Whenever Allah’s Messenger charged someone with leadership in the army or sent someone on an expedition, he would admonish him to fear Allah and be good to the Muslims who were with him: He would say: “Fight in the Name of Allah and in Allah’s cause and fight those who disbelieve in Allah. Do not take excessive booty and do not break treaties and do not mutilate (the enemies’ dead) and do not kill children. When you meet your enemies from among the polytheists, call them to three virtues – if they respond (in a positive manner), respond to them in like fashion and accept it from them and cease making war upon them: (i) Invite them to Islam and if they respond positively, accept it from them and (ii) ask them to leave their land and migrate to the land of the emigrants. Inform them that after migrating, they will be entitled to everything to which the emigrants are entitled and they will be under the same obligations as the emigrants. If they refuse to migrate, tell them that they will have the same status as the bedouin Muslims, subject to the Commands of Allah, like other Muslims, but they will not receive any share of the booty or returns of war unless they fight jihad with the Muslims. If they refuse to embrace Islam, impose the jizyah upon them and if they agree to this, then accept it from them and cease fighting them. But if they refuse, then seek Allah’s Help and fight them. When you besiege a people in their fort, and they beseech you for protection in Allah’s Name and His Prophet, do not grant them the Covenant of Allah and His Prophet but grant them your covenant and that of your companions, for it is a lesser sin if the covenant of you and your companions is broken than if the Covenant of Allah and His Prophet is broken. When you besiege a fort and they request you to let them out in accordance with Allah’s Command, do not let them out in accordance with His Command, but do so at your own command, for you know not whether you will be able to carry out Allah’s Command with regard to them.” (Muslim)

Salem9022

Chapter 63

Chapter 63: What Has Been Said About Oaths Binding Upon Allah?

Allah’s Messenger said: “A man said: “By Allah! Allah will not forgive such-and-such a person, at which Allah, Almighty, All powerful said: “Who is he who swears about me that I would not forgive so-and-so? I have pardoned him and wiped out your deeds” (Muslim)

According to another narration on the authority of Abu Hurairah it is reported that the man who said this was a worshipper; Abu Hurairah said: “He spoke one word which destroyed his life in this world and in the Hereafter.” (Abu Dawood and Ahmad and declared saheeh by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood)

Salem9022

Chapter 64

Chapter 64: Allah May Not Be Asked to Intercede With His Creatures

The hadeeth of this chapter was graded weak by Albaanee in Dhalaal Al Jannah #575, its chain of narration containing Muhammad Ibn Ishaaq who was a mudallis.

Salem9022

Chapter 65

Chapter 65: What Has Been Said About the Prophet's Safeguarding of Tawheed and His Blocking All Paths to Shirk

It is reported on the authority of ‘Abdullah Ibn Ash-Shikhkheer that he said: “I went with a delegation of Banu ‘Amir to the Messenger of Allah and we said (to him): “You are our master.” He replied: “The master is Allah, Most Glorified Most High.” We said: “And you are the most excellent and superior of us.” He answered: “Say what you have to say or part of what you have to say and do not let Satan make you get carried away.” (Abu Dawood anddeclared saheeh by Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

Some people said: “Oh Messenger of Allah Oh the best of us and the son of the best of us! Our Master and the son of our Master” He replied: “Oh you people Say what you have to say and do not allow yourselves to be seduced by Satan I am Muhammad, the slave of Allah and His Messenger I do not like you to raise me above the status assigned to me by Allah, Almighty All powerful.” (Nasaa’ee, Ahmad, Ibn Hibbaan and Ibn Abdul Haadee said: “Its chain is saheeh upon the condition of Muslim” in As Saarim Al Munkee #246)

Salem9022

Chapter 66

Chapter 66: What Has Been Said about Allah’s Words: “They Made Not a Just Estimate of Allah

”Allah says: “No just estimate have they made of Allah such as is due to Him on the Day of Resurrection, the whole earth will be in His Grasp and the heavens will be rolled up in His right Hand. Glory to Him! High is He above the partners they attribute to Him” (39:67)

A rabbi came to Allah’s Messenger and said: “Oh, Muhammad! We are told that Allah will put all the heavens on one Finger and the earths on one Finger and the trees on one Finger and the water and the dust on one Finger and all the other created beings on one Finger. Then He will say: “I am the King.” Thereupon, the Prophet laughed until his molar teeth were- visible and this was confirmation of the rabbi’s words. Then he recited: “ No just estimate have they made of Allah such as is due to Him: On the Day of Resurrection, the whole of the earth will be in His Grasp” [Agreed upon]

In another narration by Muslim, it is stated: “...and the mountains and the trees on one Finger, then He will shake them saying: “I am the King, I am Allah.”

In a narration of Bukhari, it is said: “Allah will put the heavens on one Finger and the rest of creation on one Finger.”

Muslim narrates, on the authority of Ibn ‘Umar: “Allah will fold up the heavens on the Day of Resurrection and then He will take them in His right Hand and say: “I am the King, where are the tyrants? Where are the arrogant ones?” Then He will fold up the seven earths and take them in His left Hand and say: “I am the King, where are the tyrants? Where are the arrogant ones?” The Prophet said: “The seven heavens and the seven earths by the side of al-Kursi are naught but as a ring thrown down in a desert land, and such is al Kursi with respect to al ’Arsh” [Albaanee stated that there is no single authentic hadeeth attributed to The Prophet regarding al Kursi except this one and Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said: “The correct view is that the Kursi is a footstool” Al Qawl Al Mufeed)

Ibn Mas’ood said: “Between the 1st heaven and the one above it is (a distance of) 500 years. Between each of the heavens is (a distance of) 500 hundred years. Between the 7th heaven and the Kursi is (a distance of) 500 years. Between the Kursi and the water is (a distance of) 500 years and the Throne is above the water. Allah is above the Throne and nothing whatsoever of your deeds is hidden from Him” (Ibn Khuzaymah in al Tawheed, p. 105; by al-Bayhaqi in al-Asmaa’ wa’l-Sifaat, p. 401, classed as authentic (saheeh) by Ibn al-Qayyim in Ijtimaa’ al-Juyoosh al- Islamiyah, p100; by adh-Dhahabee in al-‘Uluw, p. 64, Shaykh Ibn Al Uthaymeen said: “This narration stops at Ibn Mas’ood but this is one of the matters concerning which there is no room for personal opinion, so it comes under the heading of narrations whose chain goes back to the Prophet because Ibn Mas’ood is not known to have taken anything from the reports derived from Jewish sources” al-Qawl al-Mufeed Sharh Kitaab al-Tawheed, 3/379)

Salem9022

Conclusion

© SalafiManhaj 2004
___________________________________________________________________________________
--------------
NB: Books consulted for this takhreej include
The takhreej of Al Qawl as Sadeed
Takhreej of Al Qawl Al Mufeed
Takhreej of Fath Al Majeed
Some hadeeth/athar that occur in Kitab At Tawheed have been completely omitted from the book, as I found none of these
books authors declaring them authentic. Like for example in the book of slaughtering concerning the narration of the man who
entered paradise because of a fly and a man that entered hell because of a fly, the hadeeth having 3 defects that Shaykh Ibn
Uthaymeen pointed out in Al Qawl Al Mufeed.
The hadeeth over which there is a difference of opinion have been kept.

End of the Book

© SalafiManhaj 2004