Talk about Islam but...

uk_brother786

:salam2:

I am working in factory and i am trying to talk to my workmates about Islam and they turn me down and told me that i'm talking rubbish.

One day I was talking about how to get more money and they were very insteresting and asked me to talk more!!!

They always think about money, money and money!!!

I am British Pakistani and all my workmates born in their muslim country and they come to England for just money, not for Islam and money.

at my work: 10 only muslims out of 250 people only pray 5 times!
most muslims got girlfriend!
they are drinking alchol!
And I am only one who have beard in factory!!! guess what, all muslims laughed at me and tell me to shave my beard!!!

any comment?

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu akhee
Tell them that I fear Allah and think about Akhirah, instead of fearing people and thinking about this dunya.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
A Muslim does things for the sake of God hoping He will be pleased and will reward them.

Continue to talk to people. You never know who will listen or when they will. Think positive and positive things will follow.

I think the 2 brothers hussain and ayman have some good points...
Continue with the da3wa....

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
sometimes i get it from different people to shave my beard. the whole beard thing has been a process for me. first i only kept my moustache. it then evolved into a goatee. from there it grew into a full beard. at this point in my life, i can't even see myself without my beard. having the beard definitely has it's purpose. one of the main reasons that we keep our beards is to look different from the kafirs. i can easily spot a muslim by his beard and he can easily identify me. i come across many muslims and don't even kniw it iuntil they tell me. why didn't i know they were muslims? because they weren't wearing their beards. it's funny because those same muslims would criticize muslim women that didn't wear hijab or wear it properly, yet they failed to grow their beards. the length of the beard is debatable, but having one is the least we can do considering that sisters make such a huge effort when it comes to their dress code.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
As salamu alaykum Uk_brother786,

don't leave the Shaytaan play with you!Just 10 muslims on 250...sometimes "to act" and be a good example,(specially for not-practicing muslims),is better than hours of talk.InshaAllah!
May Allah make it easy for you....but don't stop your dawah!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

If ur mates at work dont want to talk about Islam, that does not mean for you to act like them. If they lose their faith dont lose ur faith.

Thats good that u dont act like them ( or do u?LOL) .

Keep ur faith in Allah strong! everyone will be judge by his/her own actions. No one will be judged for the actions of others!

1. 'O people! Fear your Lord and have apprehension of the day when no father will be of any avail to his son and not any serviceable son will be able to provide any benefit to his father. Undoubtedly the promise of Allah is true, therefore let not the life of this world deceive you concerning Allah.
  2. Undoubtedly, with Allah is the knowledge of the Hour, and He sends down rain and knows what is in the wombs of the mothers and no soul knows what it will earn tomorrow and no soul knows in what land it will die. Undoubtedly, Allah is the Knower, All Aware.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

I sort of know what you mean. Its like that in my class at college, when they asked whether i was growing a beard and why, they laughed. When the non-muslims asked why i was growing beard i told them what Sheikh Yusuf Estes said (cant remember it exactly), they laughed. So i just try and continue telling them about Islam, from what i learn day in and day out, thats to the muslims. Its the intention that counts.

Subhanallah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu Akbar

Wasalam

sister nadia

assalamualaikum

i agree with all the views and opinions above..for your information,my experience is more or less the same with you.someone made me realized that it is our duty to give dakwah to other people and spread the knowledge of islam eventhough we feel like we dun have sufficient knowledge or the ability to give dakwah.

regarding ur prob,y dont u try to approach ur friend in different ways,but make sure u stay firm with islamic principles.in my case,i usually foster my relationship with my friends first,tell stories,give analogies and give them hints too to help them to think whether they have done right/wrong deeds according to islamic point of view..n also,do show the attitude based on islamic teachings,ie show good characteristics.thats what our prophet Muhammad(PBUH) did before..*fyi,I changed because my heart was trigerred when i saw some muslims at my place practicing islam faithfully,and I feel moved to learn bit by bit on Islam

last but not least,be patient,stay strong and dont lose ur faith.God bless u,insyaAllah.u have my prayer..

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother,

Mashallah that you are setting a very good example for these brothers. I think trying to speak about Islam to them is a bit like trying to force a horse to drink, it won't work. Actions speak so much louder than words and no one can be compelled to be a good Muslim.

The best dawa you can offer is by continuiing to be a good Muslim and keep giving them a good example to live by. I converted to Islam last eyar and I cna tell you the most powerful influences were the Muslims who lived the life of a Muslim but never "preached" at me. If they had tried to shove it in my face I would've probably rejected it just out of stubborness.

Instead the Muslims I met were gentle and kind and always waited for me to come to them with my questions.

~Sarah

learnermuslim

Assalaam Alaikum Brother,

sad to hear but keep in mind they have come here for a reason, money and coming from a muslim country doesnt make you a muslim.

As sisters shyhijabi and nadia state, just keep yourself on the straight path and live, lead by example, ready to help when and if asked.

Fi amanAllah

Irvan

Assalaamu'alaikum

Let's turn to our Qur'an to solve the problem...

[3:102] yaa ayyuhaa alladziina aamanuu ittaquu allaaha haqqa tuqaatihi walaa tamuutunna illaa wa-antum muslimuuna

O ye who believe! Observe your duty to Allah with right observance, and die not save as those who have surrendered (unto Him)

As muslims, we will be judge from how we believe what Allah told us to believe (it is call IMAN), and how we obey what duties Allah told us to do and don't based on our IMAN (it is call TAQWA)...

And people with IMAN in their heart will anwer passionately all of calls from their faith...

[8:2] For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;

Also, Allah has warn us about this "dunya"

[6:32] Naught is the life of the world save a pastime and a sport. Better far is the abode of the Hereafter for those who keep their duty (to Allah). Have ye then no sense?

Here, your friends are your test from Allah, because all of us have our own test in this life, to proof that we are worth or not, in the sight of Allah;

[21:35] Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return.

Even our own possession (money etc) and family are also tests from Allah;

[8:28] And know that your possessions and your children are a test, and that with Allah is immense reward.

And don't be like those Munafiqun/Hypocrites, and never follow them..

[4:61] And when it is said unto them: Come unto that which Allah hath revealed and unto the messenger, thou seest the hypocrites turn from thee with aversion.

Because;

[17:72] But those who were blind in this world, will be blind in the hereafter, and most astray from the Path.

And see what waiting for those who take their religion for laugh, for play, for a sport and pastime...

[7:51] Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this their Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.

So, my brother, keep Istiqomah and be patience, as...

[2:153] O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.

All rewards in hereafter are the results from our patience in this world...

[25:75] Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest place in heaven, because of their patient constancy: therein shall they be met with salutations and peace,

[23:111] "I have rewarded them this Day for their patience and constancy: they are indeed the ones that have achieved Bliss..."

Hope it can help, and may Allah Guidence will be upon you...

Allah knows the best...

Wassalam