Tanzeem-e-Islami

icadams

Is anyone familiar with Tanzeem-e-Islami and/or the Islamic Organization of North America. Is there any general consensus for or against them.

rehan zia

AOA

well to begin with....I am in Pakistan and a member of Tanzeem e Islami for last 7 years. I've had long meetings with Hafiz Aakif Saeed and Dr Israr Ahmed and looked and known all its core people very closely. One of my very fast friend is working in he main office of Tanzeem in Lahore (Pakistan).

I would love to share all you want to know about the tanzeem as I am myself into the tanzeem's affairs very much.

The founder of the Tanzeem is Dr Israr Ahmed. You can search on him in Wikipedia and know his basic origin. However, the thing I liked the most about the tanzeem is Dr Israr's insight into the Quran in the light of Prophet's life and the struggle to establish the complete socio-politico-economic Just system of life. I actually understood my purpose of being here from his lectures. The Biyan-ul-Quran of Dr Israr's is, I think, a masterpiece for the young muslims of today to understand the vastness and arrangement of Quran.

However, can u specify what exactly you want to know abt the tanzeem??

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Is anyone familiar with Tanzeem-e-Islami and/or the Islamic Organization of North America. Is there any general consensus for or against them.

:salam2: Akhi,

Dr. Israr Ahmed has some serious problems with Aqeedah.
He defends Wahdat Ul Wajood, Allah and creation being one and the same ..sometime he says it is Wahdat Ush Shuhood(I don't know know how to expain that in english). Also, uses lot of Phillosophy in his lectures...

He has crticised even Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah in his lectures on the issue of Allah being on 'Arsh!

Dr. Murtaza Baksh has pointed out these in his lectures.

:wasalam:

rehan zia

I would like to differ with it...Dr Israr although defends wahdat ul wajood but the explanation you wrote that 'Allah and creation being one and the same' is called 'hamaoost' and not wahdat ul wajood. People mix these two and this creates problems.

Wahdat ul wajood only means that the reality is only Allah and rest every thing is actually a mirage or illusion....same is refered in quran in surah hadeed that this life is only an illusion.....

the second point was that he uses philosopy in his lectures....I dont find anything bad in it.....it is only a matter of intellect.

The best way would be to listen to his lectures on 'Reality and kinds of Shirk' from the tanzeem's website....they will explain his aqeedah on wahdat ul wajood. and by the way wahdat ul wajood has never been considered (if understood in its true meaning) bad in the ummat's ulems. the problem is that people out of ignorance mix it with 'hamaoost' which is a pure shirk.

Anyways, the thing I like most about him is that he has dedicated his life to establish a platform to initiate a revolutionary struggle for the establishment of Deen-e-Islam. I have seen his living place, I've found him humble in manners and he maintains very low living standard. Moreover, he was the only one who openly challanged General Musharaf's decision of allowing US to attack Afghanistan in a meeting called by Musharaf including Ulemas, scholars ect in 2001.

I dont say that he is perfect, but I think that before we decide an openion about someone, we must visit him, clearify thing with him and must not stay on hearsay....

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

I used to a BIG fan of Dr. Israr Ahmad sometime back, I have listened the "Muntakhab Nisaab" and other Huda series Lectures many many times.

So I was was shocked to heasr that there are so many problems in his aqeedah, because I never felt any problem when I listened it.

Thats why we should depend on the Scholars who are well grounded in knowledge....

Below is the Audio lecture of DR. Murtaza Baksh, wher he actually plays audio from Dr. Israr Ahmad's lectures and dicusses them.

The Mysterious Beliefs of Dr. Israr Ahmed

Muhammad Saleh

Below is the Audio lecture of DR. Murtaza Baksh, wher he actuallay plays the audio from Dr. Israr Ahmad's lectures and dicusses them.

The Mysterious Beliefs of Dr. Israr Ahmed

:salam2:

Brother no one is perfect and its easy to criticise anyone. And i think this is what you have been all the time. As a brother i would advise you to stop finding faults in others specialy in their aqeedas. I dont doubt your intentions but brother you really need to change your focus. The illusion of having knowledge is more dangerous than lack of knowledge. I hope i have not offended you. I am not a die hard fan of Dr Israr or any other Scholar for that matter. I think Islam negates heroism and unconditional following. if you dont like or agree with Dr Israr thats totally fine. But i do regard him as a great scholar and we should show some respect towards people like him.

There are some scholary discussions which have got nothing to do with ordinary muslims like you and me. only scholars can debate on such issues. How seriously you would take it if a diploma student in physics challenges the validity of theory of relativity. unfortunatly we think we know it all about islam after reading a few books on islam and take it upon ourself to verify the authencity of others beliefs according the limited knowledge that we have.

May Allah guide us all to the right path.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
I am really very much scared. Allah has selected me to live in this era. I wish and pray to HIM to guide me to the truth, make me die upon the religion of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu alaihi wasallam. Ameen

O Allaah, Lord of Jibraa’eel, Meekaa’eel and Israafeel (great angels), Creator of the heavens and the Earth, Knower of the seen and the unseen. You are the arbitrator between Your servants in that which they have disputed. Guide me to the truth by Your leave, in that which they have differed, for verily You guide whom You will to a straight path.’

Ameen Ya rabbal A'alameen

Salem9022

I would like to differ with it...Dr Israr although defends wahdat ul wajood but the explanation you wrote that 'Allah and creation being one and the same' is called 'hamaoost' and not wahdat ul wajood. People mix these two and this creates problems.

Wahdat ul wajood only means that the reality is only Allah and rest every thing is actually a mirage or illusion....same is refered in quran in surah hadeed that this life is only an illusion.....

the second point was that he uses philosopy in his lectures....I dont find anything bad in it.....it is only a matter of intellect.

The best way would be to listen to his lectures on 'Reality and kinds of Shirk' from the tanzeem's website....they will explain his aqeedah on wahdat ul wajood. and by the way wahdat ul wajood has never been considered (if understood in its true meaning) bad in the ummat's ulems. the problem is that people out of ignorance mix it with 'hamaoost' which is a pure shirk.

Anyways, the thing I like most about him is that he has dedicated his life to establish a platform to initiate a revolutionary struggle for the establishment of Deen-e-Islam. I have seen his living place, I've found him humble in manners and he maintains very low living standard. Moreover, he was the only one who openly challanged General Musharaf's decision of allowing US to attack Afghanistan in a meeting called by Musharaf including Ulemas, scholars ect in 2001.

I dont say that he is perfect, but I think that before we decide an openion about someone, we must visit him, clearify thing with him and must not stay on hearsay....

Wahdatul Wajood is the Heart of Soufism, Hindusim, Jewdaism, and Ancient Middle Eastern Pagansim(Egyptian, Babylonian Beliefs etc.). It is noting but plain shirk and Kufr. The Idea that Allaah exists and the rest is nothing. In other words, everything is Allaah and Allaah is everything - the man, the donkey, the tree. This is the noting but plain Shirk and Kufr akhi. It is found nowhere in Islam not even in Da'eef Hadiths.

Also The Quran refutes this consept and others who believe that Allah is everywhere and everything.

Surah Ar-Raad 13: Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, He rose above (Istawa) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He has subjected the sun and the moon (to continue going round), each running (its course) for a term appointed. He manages and regulates all affairs; He explains the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail, that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.

So again this consept called Wahdatul Wajood is noting but plain shirk and Kufr making the Creator(Allah) one with the creation(Man, Jins and everything that exists). That is why in the Soufi religion who believe in this consept they actually believe that they can become One with Allah by taking Hashish and drugs or spinning around like a ballerina in circles like they do in Turkey or doing other crazy stuff because they believe they can become one with Allah.

This consept is Also found in Hindusm since Hindus believe in One God but they believe that everything is Part of that One God. including Man, Cow, Rats, Snakes, Rivers, Trees, so when they worship these different things they believe they are actually worshipping that One God since their God is One with the creation.

Same in Jewdaism where they believe in a Omnipresent God, they believe that Man can actually become God since his presence is everywhere and in everything. That is why you have stories in Jewdaism people having Godly powers etc. They also believe in Grave worshipping for the Rabbies since their God is everywhere and their rabbies become One with God when they are alive and dead.

In short you should really go and learn Islam fro authentic websites and people not these crazy Soufies like Israr Ahmad

Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh: Teachings of Shirk in the book -"Fadhaa.il A'maal
http://www.fatwa-online.com/deviantgroups/jamaaahattableegh/0020303.htm

rehan zia

Thanx for your reply on wahdat al wajood....

well as I've explained earlier...Dr Israr does not (repeat) does not believe that 'Allah is everything and everything is Allah' if at all that is wahdat al wajood. What he believes is that there is only one God i.e Allah and there is no god other than Him.

Now as you said that he is a sufi....I really do not think so.....I've met him and listened to him and listened to him very very carefully. I think you need to atleast meet him personally for clearification before you openly accuse him of doing shirk.....or you will be doing the same which most of our poeple do that is calling others kafir or mushriks etc...

Our Prophet SAW said that for a man to be a lier it is enough that he passes on everything he hears. So I think we must refrain from this an get a thing clearified from the very person it is about. For this you can write to the Tanzeem's official website for clarification.

Moreover....the string started from the Tanzeem e Islami. And now Dr Israr is not the Ameer of the Tanzeem. I personally feel that the Tanzeem gives a good understanding on how the Deen e Islam should be established in our lives and where we live. I think that is the main point and not Dr Israr. We feel that by saying prayers, keeping fasts, paying zakat and Haj we have completed out religion....well that is only ISLAM and not EEMAAN (refer surah Hujraat, ayat 14). To follow Islam as a complete code of life and to bear hardships for it and to stand fast in dufficult times...this is what tanzeem has taught me....

But then...I feel that it is time for muslims to get together rather than getting divided....How can I or you accuse someone of doing shirk without confirming it by that very person...and that too a person who has dedicated his complete life for the struggle of an Islamic movement in his country...a person who has inspired thousands of people to open the Quran and read and follow it in their lives.....

Only Allah knows what is in the hearts......