Teacher Arrested Under Sharia Law?

Sophie

:salam2:Brothers and sisters,I do not know where to read Sharia Law. There has been a story out of the Sudan regarding a teacher allowing the 7 year old children in her class choose a name for a toy,a teddy bear. They took a vote,as the story goes,and chose the name Muhammed. This teacher is English,and not Muslim. As I understand it,she has been arrested for being disrespectful to our prophet (sws)name. I can not believe this story to be a true one,but I have limited knowledge of Sharia Law. Please help. I have non Muslim friends asking me about this. I'm not sure what is the best way to answer their questions. :hijabi:

Amirah20

:salam2:Brothers and sisters,I do not know where to read Sharia Law. There has been a story out of the Sudan regarding a teacher allowing the 7 year old children in her class choose a name for a toy,a teddy bear. They took a vote,as the story goes,and chose the name Muhammed. This teacher is English,and not Muslim. As I understand it,she has been arrested for being disrespectful to our prophet (sws)name. I can not believe this story to be a true one,but I have limited knowledge of Sharia Law. Please help. I have non Muslim friends asking me about this. I'm not sure what is the best way to answer their questions. :hijabi:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22151

Amir_of_spain

Its a cultural-social misunderstanding on behalf of the foreign teacher which unfortunately seems to have been blown out of proportion.