Teaching of Islam is 'out-dated'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

I know I am going crazy.

See if this makes sense to you:
Islam is complete. If we are Muslims we believe it is complete. Islam is absolute. If it were not absolute we would not have the Quran nor the sharia. Since Islam is complete and an absolute there are no changes needed in it. It is the perfection of religion.
The western world needs to contextulize religion. There seems to be an unspoken rule that we are better today due to science and technology than our predecessors. Therefore, what applied i.e. rules of conduct, individual and collective, to our predecessors has no validity to the rules of conduct, individual or collective, today. As the governing prinicples are constantly changed...they feel it is necessary to change the rules of Islam.
They want to peg Islam within a man-made social/economic system. Islam has dictates that can not be changed. Allah governs Islam.
They will continue to attack Islam until the Glorious Day when the Truth will be revealed.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Salaam Brother,

I know I am going crazy.

See if this makes sense to you:
Islam is complete. If we are Muslims we believe it is complete. Islam is absolute. If it were not absolute we would not have the Quran nor the sharia. Since Islam is complete and an absolute there are no changes needed in it. It is the perfection of religion.
The western world needs to contextulize religion. There seems to be an unspoken rule that we are better today due to science and technology than our predecessors. Therefore, what applied i.e. rules of conduct, individual and collective, to our predecessors has no validity to the rules of conduct, individual or collective, today. As the governing prinicples are constantly changed...they feel it is necessary to change the rules of Islam.
They want to peg Islam within a man-made social/economic system. Islam has dictates that can not be changed. Allah governs Islam.
They will continue to attack Islam until the Glorious Day when the Truth will be revealed.

:salam2:

it reminds me of the people calling for the reform of islam. we as muslims know that our religion is perfect. therefore, the issue of reform is unnecessary. to say we're going to reform islam, is in fact an admission that there is something wrong in islam and that it needs change. yes, there are misguided muslims out there in the world; but that doesn't mean that the religion is misguided. islam has no place for terrorism, abuse against women, or the lack of human rights. there are a bunch of sheikhs out there that are twisting the ayats of the quran, twisting the meaning of ahadith which is causing well meaning muslims to do things that are contrary to islam.

my question to the outdated crowd is this: if islam is so outdated, why then are there so many people in this present day in age, embracing this religion? the reason why they're embracing islam is because even though the religion is over 1400 years old, it still has solutions for modern man.

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Muslim who follow the Quran and the Sunnah are the most Uptodate, civillised and modern people in the world

Those who reject the Quran and the Sunnah, or dont follow it properly, are backwards. --

Its as simple as that.

wasalam

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

My patience is really wering thin. May Allah(swt) increase my patience ameen.

In my opinion based on my knowledge, NO TRUE MUSLIM BELEIVER WILL EVER THINK ISLAM IS OUTDATED. IF someone does, i would not call him my brother/sister in ISLAM.

And DONT try to change the religion of ALLAH(swt) in the name of muslims cause WE WILL NEVER AGREE insha allah!

May god give the true beleivers strength ameen.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Islam is complete alhamdullah. Allah taa'la says in the Quran:

''This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion''. 5:3..

There is no doubt Islam is complete, but I have seen ''Hayat and Sharia'' on Al-jazeera by Shiekh Qarathawi confirming the need of ''Ejtihad'', updating the Fatwa just the same is Abu Hanifa (May Allah taa'la have mercy on him)who made ''Ejtihad'' on issues that did not occur in his times, but it actually occured in the present day.....

Abu Hanifa never slept between Salat Asha and Fajir for 13 years, preparing fatwa in issues that occured on our days, subhanallah....

Allah Knows best...

Wassalam Alykom

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Ridiculous words!!!

I've always considered words and expressions like "reactionary" "backword" "outdated" to be ridiculous. Democracy is much older than Islam, why does not somebody come and say Democracy is outdated, reactionary, or backward? (note: the most ancient form of Democracy is Athenian Democracy, 594 BC. And direct democracy was common in Greece and Rome)

It's logical only to judge and evaluate things according to what they really are, not according to how old they are.

The Sun is millions of years old and is still giving light. And scientists are beginning to convert to the sun for energy because it is healthier and economic, are scientists backward?

Wassalam

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Just wanted to add what do we muslims care about blair and his views on islam that it needs "changes"??? is he a scholar now??? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.