televisions

liaa

thx for advices :) i know hat touching a dog is vreaking your wudu, and i also heard from someone that i have to whas my hands 7 times after touching a dog, but i'm not very sure about this.
And where i love there is a imam every month :) , and here the mosque is called house of praying! lool!! there are some mosques on the country that were made by turkey ppl long time ago.
and there are no mosques just bec a man, who was fighting against the turkish army has forbiden like 200 years ago to build any mosques, and after this man died they maid him a saint, now he is a saint lool, how can you make a man saint just because he killed the turish ppl!
But about drawing people, my parents said it's ok, that it's not haram if i paint only for fun, but i should never paint with intention to give life to it ( that's impossible)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom
May Allah help us to follow his orders inshallah.

Question:
Is watching TV permitted in Islaam ? If so under what coditions ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The issue of watching films is not free from numerous reservations from a shar’i point of view, such as uncovering ‘awraat, listening to music, spreading corrupt beliefs and calling for imitation of the kuffaar. Allaah has commanded us to lower our gaze, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)” [al-Noor 24:30-31].

Since lowering the gaze is the basis of protecting the private parts, it is mentioned first. Allaah has made the eyes the reflection of the heart: if a person lowers his gaze, the desire in his heart will be reduced, but if a person looks and stares, the desire in his heart will be provoked.

In Saheeh Muslim (1218) it is reported that Al-Fadl ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was riding behind the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the Day of Sacrifice (Yawm al-Nahr) from Muzdalifah to Mina, when some women riding on camel-borne sedan chairs passed by. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned his [al-Fadl’s] head away. This was prevention and denunciation through action, for if looking were permissible he would have approved of what he did.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (6343) it is reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every son of Adam has his share of zinaa decreed for him, and he will undoubtedly get his share. The eye commits zinaa and its zinaa is looking. The tongue commits zinaa and its zinaa is speaking; the feet commit zinaa and their zinaa is walking; the hands commit zinaa and their zinaa is touching. The heart longs and desires for something and the private parts confirm that or deny it.”

He began by mentioning the eye because this is how the zinaa of the hand, foot, heart and private parts begins. By mentioning the zinaa of the tongue, he pointed out that the mouth can commit zinaa by speaking. And he stated that the private parts can confirm that if they make the deed happen, or deny it if that does not happen.

This hadeeth gives the clearest indication that the eye can sin by looking and that this is its zinaa. This is a refutation to those who say that looking is allowed in all circumstances.

It was also reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O ‘Ali, do not follow a look with a second, for the first look is allowable but not the second.”

A look has the same effect on the heart as an arrow has on its victim. If it does not kill him, it will wound him. It is like a spark of fire in dried grass; if it does not burn all of it, it will still burn some of it. May Allaah have mercy on the one who said:

“Everything starts with a look, and big fires start from little sparks.

How often has a heart been dealt a fatal blow like that of an arrow, with no need for a bow.

As long as a man’s eyes are looking around, looking into the eyes of others, he is in a state of danger.

His eye delights in that which could destroy his heart. The joy that may lead to harm is not welcome.”

Hence Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Fataawa 3/227:

With regard to television, it is a dangerous device and its harmful effects are very great, like those of the cinema, or even worse. We know from the research that has been written about it and from the words of experts in Arab countries and elsewhere enough to indicate that it is dangerous and very harmful to Islamic beliefs (‘aqeedah), morals and the state of society. This is because it includes the presentation of bad morals, tempting scenes, immoral pictures, semi-nakedness, destructive speech, and Kufr. It encourages imitation of their conduct and ways of dressing, respect for their leaders, neglect of Islamic conduct and ways of dressing, and looking down on the scholars and heroes of Islam. It damages their image by portraying them in an off-putting manner that makes people despise them and ignore them. It shows people how to cheat, steal, hatch plots and commit acts of violence against others. Undoubtedly anything that produces so many bad results should be stopped and shunned, and we have to close all the doors that could lead to it. If some of our brothers denounce it and speak out against it, we cannot blame them, because this is a part of sincerity towards Allaah and towards other people.

Whoever thinks that this device (TV) can be free of these evils and can be used only for good purposes if it is censored properly is exaggerating and is making a big mistake, because the censor may miss things and most people nowadays want to imitate the foreigners. It is very rare to find censors who are doing their job properly, especially nowadays when most people are only interested in time-wasting entertainment and things that turn people away from true guidance. Reality bears witness to that.

We ask Allaah to keep us safe from all evil for He is the Most Generous.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

apocalypse77

thx for advices :) i know hat touching a dog is vreaking your wudu, and i also heard from someone that i have to whas my hands 7 times after touching a dog, but i'm not very sure about this.
And where i love there is a imam every month :) , and here the mosque is called house of praying! lool!! there are some mosques on the country that were made by turkey ppl long time ago.
and there are no mosques just bec a man, who was fighting against the turkish army has forbiden like 200 years ago to build any mosques, and after this man died they maid him a saint, now he is a saint lool, how can you make a man saint just because he killed the turish ppl!
But about drawing people, my parents said it's ok, that it's not haram if i paint only for fun, but i should never paint with intention to give life to it ( that's impossible)

i think wat was meant is that if ure a talented artist and when ur painting or drawing of a human figure tends to be realistic or close to realism, there may come a point where u think ure actually "great" enough to "create" and "give life" to a human being..this will lead to idolatry

Wulf

:salam2:

Thank you liaa.

I am Lucky that my daughter Ashley not only loves me dearly, she is my comfort when things are bad.
She not accepts my decision, she encourages it.
I think at Thirteen, seeing the way Muslim Girls wearing Hijab at school are treated, she told me that if we, and she used the word we, become Muslim, she could not wear such things.
Besides she would retaliate to any insult physicaly. As an exponent of Kick Boxing and Karate, such retaliation could be dangerous to the insulters health somewhat. She has a temper, and when she sees something that is unjust? My suggestion is either Duck, Run away, or wear a crash helmet:SMILY335:

On the other hand, seeing a girl wearing Hijab flooring the male school bully,:fighta: might be a good thing to see.

:wasalam:

apocalypse77

:salam2:

Thank you liaa.

I am Lucky that my daughter Ashley not only loves me dearly, she is my comfort when things are bad.
She not accepts my decision, she encourages it.
I think at Thirteen, seeing the way Muslim Girls wearing Hijab at school are treated, she told me that if we, and she used the word we, become Muslim, she could not wear such things.
Besides she would retaliate to any insult physicaly. As an exponent of Kick Boxing and Karate, such retaliation could be dangerous to the insulters health somewhat. She has a temper, and when she sees something that is unjust? My suggestion is either Duck, Run away, or wear a crash helmet:SMILY335:

On the other hand, seeing a girl wearing Hijab flooring the male school bully,:fighta: might be a good thing to see.

:wasalam:

so u mean ur daughter does know the art of self defence u mean?

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
Liaa I'm sorry but you and your parents should ne careful because it is haram.

To brother apocalypse77, while some shiekhs have said any picture is haram, I would tend to go with Shiekh Uthaymeens Fatwa that says that pictures and cameras are used for the transfer of images and not haram.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
thx for advices i know hat touching a dog is vreaking your wudu, and i also heard from someone that i have to whas my hands 7 times after touching a dog, but i'm not very sure about this

Question:
does touching dogs and/or dogs' saliva nullify wudoo'?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Touching dogs or their saliva does not nullify wudoo’ because if tahaarah is done according to the rules of sharee’ah, nothing can nullify it except things for which there is evidence in sharee’ah. There is no such evidence that touching dogs or their saliva have this effect. It was not mentioned by the scholars among the things that nullify wudoo’.

Ibn Qudaamah mentioned in al-Mughni (1/264) things that nullify wudoo’, and he did not mention touching dogs or their saliva. Then he said: “These are all the things that nullify tahaarah, and it cannot be nullified by anything else according to the view of the majority of scholars…”

But there is no doubt that dogs’ saliva is very dirty and extremely naajis (impure), and it can only be removed by washing seven times, one of them with earth. There is a difference between this and something which nullifies tahaarah. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Cartoon Network does not become Halaal if 'you' like it.
You know when you will grow up then what will be the thing you will hate most? Yes, right you will at Cartoon Network to death. I bet (well , bet is also haraam).

The nature of cartoons which is shown in such programs, makes the minds of the children cartoonish also. They become jerky boys instead of becoming humble decent people ( like Br. Robin :) ). According to scholars, watching cartoons is not allowed. Well, Islamic cartoons are not jerky so they are ok to learn the lesson in it.

Wassalaam,
VE
Haate Cartoon Network to death? It seems like your a little late in the news bro, becuase I've already started hating it even before I found this site.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
there happens to be a great khutba available online at google videos by imam siraj wahaj called " turn off the tv " in this khutba, he doesn't say that tv is haram but he explains that people, especially muslims; would do better without it. we always have to remember that whatever Allah swt has declared for us to be halal, is a benefit to us and whatever Allah swt declares to be haram for us is made haram to protect us. i believe that 90% of what is on american tv is haram. the truth is that the haram is on tv on such a widespread scale because so many people are demanding it. there are people that want to see sex on tv, want to see violence, naked women, drugs, homosexual acts. if their demand can keep networks in business, the networks will give the people what they want. it's the same with the movies today, there are many great movies out there that don't have haram things in them, but you'll never know because advertisement is spent on violent and sexually themed movies.

Arshad

Arshad's views On The cartoon'sssssss

I gues I am new to all of you out there, but I have been registered for a while , but I chose to remain silent as I amn not as knowlageable as I should be to express my views on the most sublime, charismatic and true religion ISLAM.
The cartoon's indeed are a good medium for the childrens education and there are a whole lot of good cartoon shows which do entertain and educate as well.
But If the cartoon's are restricted to characterize the animals and birds and insects then only it perhaps may be justified, Otherwise if you disfigure a human being and shape it in to a cartoon I think it is equally haram as a genine Haram, I hope you understand what I mean!
No one is allowed to make fun of a human in any way or kind even if it is for the sake of fun or a prank. And this I believe is as per the teachings of The Rasul SWT ( Please correct me if I am wrong) I feel it is ethically wrong and atleast my conscience does not allow or permit me believe it to be ok.
Perhaps you guys out there know better.
W S R B
Arshad

jabir

coreect it

assalamualikum
dear arshad it not SWT but when using prophet name use peace be up on him in short u can use P.B.U.H.OK:salam2:

Arshad

Thanks Jabir

Yes dear friend, I did realize that after posting the Message.
I am aware of the Abreviations but I missed out. Any ways Thank you so much for correcting me.
May All bless you

raihana

:salam2: :a very good question that is I like watching films tell me why is it haram to watch cartoons ,and advice me how to get rid of tv ,and the fatwas of the scholar

ProudToBeaMuslim

Asalamu' Alaikum

Just like the brothers and sisters said before, watching TV is not Haram as long as the content you are watching is halal. Besides, there are so many good Islamic channels now adays. Some channels even provide certain kind of entertainment in a purely halal way. I recommend huda Tv a very touching channel. visit www.huda.tv for more details.

Salaam