Tell me characteristics of strolls?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalamu'laikum

I think everyone need to know this, so that we don't waste our time with them and we can alert the mods in time. I wonder how that fellow successfully registered in TTI.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Akhee, I think you meant trolls, right? :)

Anyways, trolls are those who come online just to post some rhetoric questions, causing arguments on the board and making fun of others in terms of everything including faith [That's the most serious, though].

How we shouldn't waste our time with these pathetic trolls?

Well, for once, let us refocus on what type of threads that we *should* or *need* to reply to. Definitely not every thread needs so much attention, right? So its always best to pay attention to threads related to Islamic Articles and Important Information rather than threads that just about anyone share their story here once and then never log in here again. Of course, threads created by trolls need *zero* attention/reply.

Besides that, when we see the red flag coming i.e: trolls on board, just hit the red button on the bottom left of the poster (the triangle shape) and report it as spam/trolls/etc. I'm not a mod but inshaAllaah, I am sure we have quite a few regular members here on guard even if its not 24/7.

This post was meant for everyone, not to anyone specifically, inshaAllaah.

Was-salaam.

esperanza

revert of many years
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Akhee, I think you meant trolls, right? :)

Anyways, trolls are those who come online just to post some rhetoric questions, causing arguments on the board and making fun of others in terms of everything including faith [That's the most serious, though].

How we shouldn't waste our time with these pathetic trolls?

Well, for once, let us refocus on what type of threads that we *should* or *need* to reply to. Definitely not every thread needs so much attention, right? So its always best to pay attention to threads related to Islamic Articles and Important Information rather than threads that just about anyone share their story here once and then never log in here again. Of course, threads created by trolls need *zero* attention/reply.

Besides that, when we see the red flag coming i.e: trolls on board, just hit the red button on the bottom left of the poster (the triangle shape) and report it as spam/trolls/etc. I'm not a mod but inshaAllaah, I am sure we have quite a few regular members here on guard even if its not 24/7.

This post was meant for everyone, not to anyone specifically, inshaAllaah.

Was-salaam.

thank you sister..you know i never used the red button actually dont really notie it ..thanks for the reminder

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Troll was dealt with this morning. Thankyou brother Osman_93 for clarifying the issue in the previous thread.

Basically if you get someone claiming to be Muslim then a few posts later they're asking 'What's a Kafir?' chances are they're bluffing. How can someone claim to be a believer without knowing what the reference term for a non-believer is, this should ring alarm bells at the very least.

Also, the nature of the question was very silly and I want to post the following for the sake of anyone who was unclear on how to answer it
See Point 27.

The report post button is the quickest way to let Moderators know of anything strange about the Forums, so do use it, (but for the right reasons).
Wa-salam

strive-may-i

:salam2:
Hope you are doing good Brother.

Trolls are good, they should be welcome, because we learn from them. Their mindset, their thought process, how they deviate. Every person comes with an intent, the intent becomes clear within first few posts. When they stay their intents might change or become better or more focussed. We need not become violent against them. There always is the warn button..

Hope it helps

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
That's right, trolls not strolls. Yes akhi, we should give trolls a chance but I will not forgive a liar. He should say so up front that he is not muslim and is here to learn.