Terracotta Army. Whats that???

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh and Eid Mubarak my dear beloved brothers and sisters

0022190fd3300b9ea32143.jpg

Let me tell something before I start. If I were to ask you what is the most famous place in China, what will be your answer?

Okay that is correct! Great Wall yeah?

Well, I am not going to tell you about the Great Wall of China. This is going to be entirely different.

You might have heard about the great Emperor Qin Shi Huang. He was the first Emperor of China. But......why am I talking about him??

Hold on! InshaAllah soon you will know why.

He was a very powerful Emperor, who lived in around 200 BC. All the Kings and Rulers had a special attention on his actions, due to the fact that he never lost in any war he faced, and due to his cleverness.

However, he had something which always prevented him from having a peaceful sleep. As same to other Powerful people, he also wanted to have the same power which he had here, even after death also. Everyday he pondered on death. Brought the BEST doctors and did a lot of treatments, hoping someone will find a way to prevent him from death. However, nothing gave him a news apart from becoming more sure on this certainty.

"Every soul will taste death. Then to Us will you be returned." (Surah al-'Ankatoub, Verse 57)

So the Emperor Shi did "not waste any more time" with the doctors. What he did is, starting to think of how to lay in his Tomb. To get protection from ANYTHING when he is in there. For this purpose, he made a HUGE "Grave" which is larger than the largest Pyramid in the Egypt.

Its located under the ground of Xi'an in Shaanxi province. Made a lots of pits, which is uniquely made for this very purpose.

terra-cotta-army.jpg

His Grave Army is scattered as how he wished, everywhere in the huge Grave. The figures vary in height, according to their roles, with the tallest being the generals. The figures include warriors, chariots, horses, officials, acrobats, strongmen and musicians. Current estimates are that in the three pits containing the Terracotta Army there were over 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots with 520 horses and 150 cavalry horses, the majority of which are still buried in the pits. This is the Terracotta Army which were discovered in 1974 by some local farmers.

terracotta_warriors_and_horses7c765a7b23af81a74b9a.jpg

Think about it deeply my dear brothers and sisters. What a huge work a human being has done, to get peace after the death? What a meaningless hard work? Even the ranks of the Army Troops are very clearly seen. Such a tough careful handwork. Their heights, wights, arms etc are perfect. The only thing missing is soul.

20090709103815575.jpg

Are there any way to live without learning who our Lord is, and who has the power over us? Are there any way to believe that we have ANY power? Indeed, if we have any, this person would not die.

Allah speaks to the Messenger (pbuh), "And We did not grant to any man before you eternity [on earth]; so if you die - would they be eternal?" (Surah al-Anbiyaa, Verse 34)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Very thoughtful post. Think of the expenditure that could have been put to good use. Reality is only with Allah subhana talla.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I read somewhere that each individual soldier of the Terracotta Army is supposed to be a likeness of a soldier in the Emperor's personal bodyguard.

This is similar to the pyramids in Egypt. The pharoahs built lavish underground tombs to hide their bodies after their death, believing that their spirit would live on in such places. Their often sacrificed servants and guards, believing that they would continue to serve them in the afterlife.

The Egyptians were a culture fascinated (some would say obsessed) with death. I read parts of the Book of the Dead when I was in college and I can see where you could say that. I just think that the Egyptians, like every other person ever born, were simply trying to answer those old questions: Who am I, Where did I come from, Why am I here, and Where do I go when I die?

Shak78

:salam2:

I personally find the Terra Cotta Army kinda cool. The craftsmanship of each warrior is incredible. I may not agree with the theology of that time but I do admire and like the art.

strive-may-i

............ I just think that the Egyptians, like every other person ever born, were simply trying to answer those old questions: Who am I, Where did I come from, Why am I here, and Where do I go when I die?

Most am sure, at some stage or other face with this question.....

Its so Inspiring the story of Khaleelullah Ibrahim(Alaihi ssalaam) , who asked the very same question , while he was a kid and went on to swear his allegiance to Almighty.

Now in our own times too, the same question comes up in every individual during his journey in the here. There are many out there in blogosphere, who record their inquiries, its an altogether different matter, what they conclude....

And caution, about what you read, in such blogs...

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Very informative and beneficent post brother.It troubles us all that how will we be after death.It's really difficult for many people to think about death because they are scared.They are scared of what might happen when they die and what might happen after,will it be painful?How will we feel?So many questions surrounding death,no wonder it had intrigues many civilisations.
Only one thing can give us peace knowledge of Our Lord and accepting His will.

:wasalam:

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
instead of wasting time on the great wall they should have expanded to the west. Their fleet was much greater than europeans. Columbus's ship was like a row boat compared to chinese muslm general's ship that came to america 100s of years before columbus did. may be we wouldn't have seen the genocide of native americans or all the holocausts and atrocities this arrogant empire committed directly or indirectly in its short 200 year rule, which btw is the shorted lived empire in the history of empires with it's demise coming inshallah very very soon.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Jazakumullahu Khairan for the useful contribution and thoughts brothers and sisters.

Eid MUbarak!

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
instead of wasting time on the great wall they should have expanded to the west. Their fleet was much greater than europeans. Columbus's ship was like a row boat compared to chinese muslm general's ship that came to america 100s of years before columbus did. may be we wouldn't have seen the genocide of native americans or all the holocausts and atrocities this arrogant empire committed directly or indirectly in its short 200 year rule, which btw is the shorted lived empire in the history of empires with it's demise coming inshallah very very soon.

At one time, the Chinese could have conquered the world if they wanted to, but they were too focused inward. They walled themselves off from the rest of world, and the world slowly passed them by. China today still suffers from the effects of centuries of isolation. They are catching up, but they are still a few decades behind the rest of the world in their social and political policies.

your-sister

Salaam alaikum.

Escaping from the torment of the grave? Hah

I found this a bit amusing... I wonder if people with such ideology still exist? Hmm

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What makes you think they don't. We are surrounded by millions of those that do not understand death.
Amusing? Maybe but there are billion dollar businesses today thriving on this ideology.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Maybe this ruler just wanted to make monument that history will remember him.

We should thank him as he left something behind him we can now learn and know about his time.

uddim004

Very informative and beneficent post brother.It troubles us all that how will we be after death.It's really difficult for many people to think about death because they are scared.They are scared of what might happen when they die and what might happen after,will it be painful?How will we feel?So many questions surrounding death,no wonder it had intrigues many civilisations.
Only one thing can give us peace knowledge of Our Lord and accepting His will.

:wasalam:

:salam2:you hit the nail on the dot (i think thats the saying)