That's a first.

Shannonx

:salam2:
I have to drive with either my mom or dad (practice driving). Both of them keep putting it off because they are scared to drive with me, lol. I either have to drive my mom's stick shift (which i'm terrified of doing) or my dad's Chevy Silverado..which is also scary to drive.

Aw, see I would but then i'm a poor high school student so =[ lol

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
I have to drive with either my mom or dad (practice driving). Both of them keep putting it off because they are scared to drive with me, lol. I either have to drive my mom's stick shift (which i'm terrified of doing) or my dad's Chevy Silverado..which is also scary to drive.

Aw, see I would but then i'm a poor high school student so =[ lol

Then we shall have a joint piggy bank haha.

I tried to drive stick shift but I ended up crying...yelling at my dad and blaming him for every problem in my life lol. I tried to learn to drive my dad's truck...never again will I drive a truck so I definitely understand! Small cars are the easiest to begin with.

Yay where I am from it is easy to get a license lol. I went to a class for two weekends..took a bunch of tests..got my intermediate permit and then a few months later I had my license :D I know some states require a person to practice and record their hours of driving. Alhamdullilah I never had to do that.

Shannonx

Hah my dad keeps saying "you need to learn how to drive a stick shift! Everyone should learn how to drive a stick shift!" It's like he's very passionate about it, lol. He use to yell at my brother though all the time.
Yepp since i'm 18, I can just go take the written test at the DMV then the actual driving test. But, I have to drive either my mom or dad's car.

Soo i'm also putting it off since i'm scared, lol

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Hah my dad keeps saying "you need to learn how to drive a stick shift! Everyone should learn how to drive a stick shift!" It's like he's very passionate about it, lol. He use to yell at my brother though all the time.
Yepp since i'm 18, I can just go take the written test at the DMV then the actual driving test. But, I have to drive either my mom or dad's car.

Soo i'm also putting it off since i'm scared, lol

Yay my parents gave up saying that to me lol. They said what if there is an emergency and all there is is a stick shift. I guess I will learn fast then lol.

Insha Allah you will do fine. I mean practice is just not enough. It is being a cautious driver. Always watch your surroundings. You may be the best driver in the world but the person behind you may be some crazy with anger issues.
Um let's see. Use the blinker! I hate when people do not use the blinker. I am not psychic you know haha. Don't run a yellow light. If you think that there is no policeman is around, there actually is haha..so don't break the law :D

Anywho I need to pass out it has been a really really long day for me and I have to wake up early to write a paper :D

Okies sorry about dragging the conversation out of topic lol.

:wasalam:

Shannonx

lol yeah, i'm going to try to avoid what everyone else does when they drive that annoys me while i'm in the passenger seat. There are those crazy motorcycle cops who always pop out of no where, especially around my school so yeah.

I hear you on the sleeping part, i'm going to as well.
Goodnight!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

actually the bike riding people are mormons or members of the church of latter day saints. it's really a cult and has a lot of racist theology. i'm always amazed when i run into blacks that are mormons. i'm like what's wrong with you?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I noticed that Jehovah's witness are more active in their propagation
compared to other christian sects here in UK.

some years back, i became friend with a few young muslim migrant men who had recently moved to Manchester.

They didn't have much knowledge about the fundamentals of islamic faith
and informed me that a Jehova's witness was chasing them.

One Sunday, when he was visiting these muslims in their flat, one of my friends informed me and i went there immediately to meet him.

My friends found an excuse to go out and I stayed with this guy for the rest of the 1 hour meeting.

I listend eagerly to what he wasy saying and he liked it.
He made another oppointment with me for the following Sunday.
So we met one by one, the other muslim guys out of it, for two more Sundays.
On the last Sunday, I asked him only one question, but he excused himself and left immediately and never came back.

My main purpose was to invite him to Islam, but he didn't give me the chance.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
You know when Christians hand out like papers or something, inviting you to their church. Well, there were like four guys out in the back of my school that kept handing out papers. I was walking alone and this guy was all

"Hi....would you like information about a volleyball game that we are playing at the end of this week?"

I figured it was so I just took it so I wouldn't be rude. I had a feeling they were church people since they were dressed up. When I got into my dad's truck I heard people say "What! This isn't for a volleyball game." I looked at it and the back said

"Say: Jesus died for my sins.." blah blah blah. Jesus is God...blah blah blah.

Maybe it isn't a big deal, but didn't they just commit a sin? Since they lied about what they were passing out. Why didn't they just say that they were from a church and were passing out papers.

Has that ever happened to any of you?
It just pretty much confused me.

it didnt happen to me. but hey in myschool druring the orientation period , a person came up to me and ask me to answer the questions . It was about whether you want to more about Christianity . And they ask about jesus(as)

I was smiling then and say what a great oppurtunity for da'wa . I wrote jesus(as) according to islam perspective . One regret is that should have wrote 1 full page about Jesus(as) . Unfortunately , my knowledge on Jesus(as) was limited.

Good thread by the way...

A lot of Singaporeans are money minded and hence to talk about religion is unfortunately limited .