the 2nd ten days of Ramadhan...***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaal_e_Afghan

Assalam O Alaikum wr wb

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) has said:
It (Ramadhan) is the month, whose beginning is mercy, its middle, forgiveness and its end, emancipation from the fire (of hell) -- Bihar al-Anwar, Vol.: 93, Pg.: 342

*This Hadeeth is Da'eef - please check the last post for more information*

Ramadan is the time for Maghfirah; the time to wash off our sins. Ramadan is the month to seek Forgiveness and repentance. Having witnessed the Mercy of Allah (SWT) by thanking Him for all that He has granted us, by being good to everyone and keeping ourselves at peace, we realize our relationship with our Rabb, and our role and duties towards Him. This is the time when Allah’s (SWT) Mercy is at its peak, and it is best to utilize this opportunity by imploring Allah to forgive our sins.

We are required to reflect on these elements in these days of Repentance even more than any other days and this is the time we seek forgiveness and make amendments for our mistakes, never intending to do them again. Do Tauba repeatedly, constantly, and sincerely for Allah loves Tauba. Allah loves to forgive and loves him who seeks forgiveness. Forgive your brothers in Islam, and accept them as friends, and show no ill-treatment or disrespect to others.

DUA: May Allah guide us to Siraat-e Mustaqeem, and grant us the taufeeq to utilize this merciful and ever so forgiving month. May Allah accept our sujood o qayaam and tauba, for indeed His mercy prevails over his wrath, and indeed we are sinners in dire need of that mercy. Aameen.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
We alejkum selam sister
May ALL-LLAH swt reward you.
ALL-LLAHU të shpërbleftë (al)
Wesselamu alejkum

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allahumma Ameen and JazakiAllahu khair sister Manaal. Indeed most of us (including me) needs to make a huge effort to repent, for the betterment of our soul.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

rusmienie kaka

frome south of thailand

jazakumullohhucoyron
assalamualykum
4 our brother it so long time we waite 4 this month "romadon" then now every day every night what we do with honest sometime i very lazy to go to taraviah i know isn't good because this month is the best month so now am try am fight with nupsu i can stand with the full iman alhumdullilah allah never give our muslim alone this month is 4 change ur life with remem to allah alway inshaallah
:wasalam:

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
I wanted to ask... How authentic or maybe reliable is this Hadith because I narrated to someone and they mentioned is being weak or not sahih..

That someone is trustworthy enough to make the distinction by the way...

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Jazaakillah khayr sister Summer03 for bringing this to attention, and after a bit of research I did in fact come across the fact that this Hadeeth is Da'eef - meaning weak, and we do not take it as a part of our belief, since there are numerous other authentic hadeeth about Ramadhan.

The following is the information regarding it:

"0 people a very great month has come upon you, a month containing a night better than a thousand months. Allaah has made it an obligation to fast in it, and standing in prayer in its night is a supererogatory action. Whoever seeks nearness to Him with a good deed in it will be like one performing an obligatory action in other months... It is a month the beginning of which is a mercy, the middle Forgiveness, and its end is a granting of freedom from the Fire..."

It is also a long hadeeth; this is the most well-known parts of it. This hadeeth is also reported by lbn Khuzaimah (No.1887), al-Mahaamulee in his Amaalee (No.293), and al-Asbahaanee in at-Targheeb (Q/178, B-manuscript) by way of 'Alee ibn Zayd ibn Jud'aan: from Sa'eed ibn al-Musaayib: from Salmaan.

This isnad (chain) is da'eef (weak) due to the weakness of'Alee ibn Zayd.

Ibn Sad says about him, "He is somewhat weak, he is not used as a proof"

Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: "He is not strong."

Ibn Ma'een said: "He is weak."

Ibn Abee Khaithumah said: "Weak in everything."

Ibn Khuzaimah said: "I do not accept him as a proof due to his weak memory." - as occurs in at-Tahdheeb (7/322-323).

Ibn Khuzaimah said after quoting his narration: "If the narration is authentic."

Ibn Hajr says in al-Atraaf "It is narrated by 'Alee ibn Zayd ibnjud'aan alone and he is weak" as As-Suyootee quotes from him injam'ul-Jawaami' (No.24,714).

Ibn Abee Haatim reports from his father in 'Ilalul-Hadeeth (1/249) that he said: "The hadeeth is munkar (denounced)!"

And another reason it is not taken is because as one scholar said, "As upon examining the text of the Hadeeth, Ramadan is all mercy, not just the first 10 days. Ramadan is all forgiveness, not just the middle 10. And so on. So the Hadeeth is not authentic from both sides, the chain of narration, and the strangeness of the text. And Allah knows best."

Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings the first post will be edited a bit - and the thread closed.

JazaakAllahu khayran for your understanding. Furthermore, in future we request all our brothers and sisters to be very wary from where they take their information - and check to see if the ahadeeth have proper references for where they are taken from. This way it will inshaAllaah help a little bit to prevent incorrect ahadeeth from coming into our deen and beliefs.

May Allaah guide us all, and grant us mercy and forgiveness during this blessed month.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.