the ahadith and sunnah... are they true??

OsMaN_93

Here to help
BISMILLAH , salam alikom..
thiis may seem like a silly question but im just curious..
we always follow sahaba... well not follow, but listen to what they heard of prophet (pbuh)and do watever he says... get me??
good.:)
in the quraa'n it states, that in the prophets time,there were many hypocrite's..
hw can we make sure that what we are told is true ,what if there was a hipocrite between them.. and tried to make and cancel things out and say :"prophet (pbuh) said..so and so.."
u still with me?
good :)
ok now .. , what if they misunderstood the prophet..
what if they were biased ..
im talking about sunnah not obligatory "fard" , ok? so there is no sunnah in quraan..
we dont av proof..
i have been thinking of this, and its bothering me .. plz help!!!:SMILY176::SMILY176:

jazakom Allah brov/sis's
P.S. im not trying to offend anywan , nor sahaba..:)

ja_tu_miluju

BISMILLAH , salam alikom..
thiis may seem like a silly question but im just curious..
we always follow sahaba... well not follow, but listen to what they heard of prophet (pbuh)and do watever he says... get me??
good.:)
in the quraa'n it states, that in the prophets time,there were many hypocrite's..
hw can we make sure that what we are told is true ,what if there was a hipocrite between them.. and tried to make and cancel things out and say :"prophet (pbuh) said..so and so.."
u still with me?
good :)
ok now .. , what if they misunderstood the prophet..
what if they were biased ..
im talking about sunnah not obligatory "fard" , ok? so there is no sunnah in quraan..
we dont av proof..
i have been thinking of this, and its bothering me .. plz help!!!:SMILY176::SMILY176:

jazakom Allah brov/sis's
P.S. im not trying to offend anywan , nor sahaba..:)

oh thank you!!! I've been wondering the same thing! I know in the Bible and Book of Mormon, so many things were changed or taken out, please, does anyone have answer?!?!

Amir_of_spain

salam wailkium. You are both right, thats why allah guided men early on in this ummah, ie the scholars of the 1st 2nd n 3rd generations after the prophet to autheicate every single hadith that they found, a good example of such figures is imaam bukhari, the systems they developed for hadith lit is amazing

OsMaN_93

Here to help
hw can they if it even says in quraan that ther was hipocrites ... ther cant be any 1st ,2nd ,3rd generations ... they cant be pure of biased ..misunderstood.. and Hypocrites???:eek:

Amir_of_spain

one quick small example..... suppose someone reported the following hadith.. the prophet said milk is the best cure for all diseases.

now comes a series of several hadith filters
who narrated this hadith? where was he from, who did he get it from? how many narrators in the chain, what is the leve of trustworthy ness of this person, is he reliable, how did he know the prophet, what is his status, and so forth, one of the most important filters is ... is this hadith supported by others???? and this is just the beginning folks. Then comes the study of the actual hadith written text and its words, which has a whole set of filters. finally at some stage, which the earlu generation scholars like bukhari have done, is after decadesof filtering, the hadiths are organised into categories ie book of manners, marriage, law, and the hadiths are ranked, number volume of book, author and narrator, and they are ranked according to authenicity ie authentic or weak. seriously, hadith study is amazing, bbut always remmeber, hadith science n collection was done to authenicate the sayings of the prophet, thats all, its actual application is something totally different and requires detailed study of each single hadith. some hadiths have several differing opinions as to their answers or convlusions, hence u get the different schools of thought. its like a dictionary of info u need to use properly, otherwise u can just play withit, mess abt , take things out of context.

*Madinah*

bismillah,

First of all, i advise myself and you to fear Allah and be firm in your belief that Allah knows best. In the Quran, Allah promises to protect the Quran (and therefore the message of Islam) forever.
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (15:9)
The sahaba were the first ppl to take part in preserving the quran through their following of the prophet (S.A.W.) and documentation of his words& actions.
Furthermore, as Amir_of_Spain mentioned, the science of hadith narration is a complex science in which the personal biographies and reputations of all the narrators starting from the sahaba are documented and verified for truthfulness and upright character. It is the job of scholars, not us lay ppl. to make judgements of who are legitimate narrators based on clear proofs.
The prophet knew, by revalation from Allah, exactly who all the hypocrites were, and they were dealt with accordingly.
It is true that there were some ppl who fabricated or mixed up statements and attributed them to the prophet, but they were not sahaba(companions of the prophet). Those ppl came later. Their narrations are considered invalid and not to be used as evidence from the prophet. The sahaba never differed in matters of aqeeda (creed).
Concerning sunnah(non-obligatory actions), we do have proof of some in the quran. (exp:tahajjud/night prayer- surat al-Israa', Umrah - surat al-baqara,...and others) and the others were explained in hadith which i mentioned above.

i hope this answers some of your questions. If i am correct it is from the blessing of Allah, and if i have made mistakes it is from myself . Allah knows best.

~Sister in Islam :blackhijab:

Doris

Bismilah,

This is when two parts come along. First,People of knowledge are the reference when we talk about the trustworthiness of the men in the chains of narrations specifically. And the Qur'an comes along when we talk about the Sahabah radiallahu anahu. Now as for the Sahabah radiallahu anhu, many ayats in the Qur'an estamblish their love for islam, their pure intentions and the love of Allaah towards them.

And many verses are for us to rememeber just in case we forgot:

Qala Allaahu ta'ala( Allaah Almighty says:)

Those who came after them (the Sahabah) say: 'Our Lord forgive us. Forgive our brethren who preceded us in faith. Purify our hearts of any rancor toward the believers. Our Lord, You are Gentle, Compassionate." (al-Hashr 59/l0)
Second, We obey and trust the saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

And here we have a Hadith from the Prophet alayhee salatu wa salam praising his companions: "Do not revile my companions. By (Allah) in Whose Hand my soul is!, if any one of you spends gold (piled up) like (mount) 'Uhud it will not equal a pint of any one of them, nor its half." (al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu-Dawud, at-Tirmidhi Ibn Majah, Ibn Hanbal)

Again Allaah Azauajal says:

"Rather, the Prophet and those who believe with him fought with their property and their lives for these are all good things, they are the successful ones and Allah has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow therein forever and that is the great success.} At-Taubah: 88-89

Allaah's praise of the Companions also extends to all those who follow their way. Allah said:

"The forerunners those who came first among the Migrators and the Helpers and those who followed them with the best. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him and Allah has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow therein forever and that is the great success.} At-Taubah: 100

That's why we know they never could had lied about a single hadith. Is the Qur'an their protector with truthfulness.

ual-alhamdulilah.

Sabra

Important: The Science of Hadith, What Are Hadith?

Salaam,

Look in the forum- Articles for Hadith. Posted by Mabsoot, I think it explains very
well. salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

The hypocrites are those who lived amongst the companions in Madeenah. They were not companions, because they didn't believe in the Prophethood of Muhammad sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, or they fell into kufr (disbelif) due to something else of them. They are those who didn't want to go to battle, who tried to encourage the companions not to attend. They are those who slandered the mother of the believers, `Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her. Some of them are mentioned by name in the ahaadeeth, others are referred to as the munaafiqoon. Even then, it was known to the Messenger of Allaah, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam and the prominent companions, who these hypocrites were! However, to keep the situation stable they were not totally exposed. I hope this short summary helps.

May Allaah reward you well for answering the other aspects of the question pertaining the ahaadeeth etc.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
How excellent is the saying of one of our Salaf, Imaam Maalik Ibn Anas, rahimahullaah who said,

"The Sunnah is like the ark of Nuh. Whoever embarks it will be saved, and whoever does not will be destroyed."
[Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo`at ul-Fataawaa (4/57)]