The best Dawah

boupj

Dawah is often described as preaching, spreading, or educating others about Islam. Often we do this by trying to explain to friends, family members, co-workers, and fellow students the principles of Islam, in order that they better understand our faith, but what is the best form of Dawah??? Is it the tables the MSA set up at school or the lectures we offer? Many of us know that the best form of Dawah is to live our lives the way Islam dictates and let our daily actions and words represent our faith.
I remember before converting to Islam simply seeing a Muslim woman in hijab would provoke something in me, curiosity (perhaps even a tinge of jealously, though now I proudly wear my hijab) Seeing men in beards and thobes would make me wonder why they did this. Watching a group of Muslims get up for prayer, would make me think, "Geez they must have no lives to be praying five times a day, they are really devoted to their faith."
A couple of weeks ago I was out with some (non-Muslim) friends having coffee. We were right next to my school which Alhamdulillah has a prayer room. As 5 PM rolled around I excused myself and said I've got to go I'll see you guys later. My best friend asked me "Where are you going?" I said "To pray" (Maghrib) It was funny because I was still learining ot pray and not making my five prayers, which I felt bad about, so it didn't seem like a big deal as Maghrib should've been my fourth prayer that day it was only my second. A few days later I was talking to my friend who I was having coffe with on that specific day, I hadn't thought much when I left to pray but apparently she did.

She said to me "That was crazy the other day." I asked her what she was talking about. She said, "That you would just leave evrything to go pray, that's so impressive." I had no clue that it had left such an impression on her, something that for me was no big deal really got to her, she was impressed with the way I had left to pray, and yesterday I gave her, upon her request, a (translated) copy of the Quran. Insha'Allah she will be guided, though I do not know what the outcome of this will be it really reminded me how imnportant our daily actions are and how much they reflect our faith. It truly is the best form of Dawah.

Here is a Nasheed about a similar subject, it is based on a hadith in which a woman is walking with the prophet (saw) though she doesn't know it. The whole time she is saying not to talk about Muhammad (pbuh), because he causes nothing but trouble and in the end she finds out who she is walking with, and, amazed at his kindness and patience turns to Islam. (sorry I don't know how to add video to the thread, please just link below it is a beatiful nasheed by Dawud Wharnsby)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlNHQ7p0Xgg
[yt]HlNHQ7p0Xgg[/yt]

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace and blessings be upon You

:salam2:
sister, i agree to u completely that the best form of dawah is our actions and this is the very base of Islam.
Quran at many places remind us of this

Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allâh) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves, while you recite the Scripture! Have you then no sense?
( Al-Baqarah-44)

O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? (2) Most hateful it is with Allâh that you say that which you do not do. (3)
(As-Saff)

and even Rasul-Allah (SAW) presented his own character as a proof of his worthiness and truthfulness when he asked ppl standing on a mountain " If i say that there is enemy behind this mountain, will u trust me ?" and all of them replied "YES" and then he gave dawah to them. So, sister u are 100% right that best form of dawah is by the way of actions.
May Allah make all of us 100% practicing muslims.

Hope u wont mind but u make a lot more sense than many of the knowledgeble ppl around. May Allah keep u guiding forever.:tti_sister:
(i would have put a 'man praying' logo here but i think on TTI men can only say :astag: lol )