The Bible said that??!!

"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. 15 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death." (Exodus, 31:14)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=2&chapter=31&version=31

Let's count how many stores are open on Saturdays...Walmart, Bestbuy, Home Depot, etc, etc.

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. (Leviticus, 20:10)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=3&chapter=20&version=31

Statistics are sky rocket but none are "put to death."

"If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters." (Leviticus, 26:27-29)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=3&chapter=26&version=31

"Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you;for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land." (Deuteronomy, 6:15-16)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=5&chapter=6&version=31

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother TheHumbleWun,

Thank you for the passages you posted.

The punishment for adultery in Islam [i.e., a married person having a sexual relation not sanctioned by Allah the Almighty] is also stoning to death. Therefore we Muslims cannot use this passage against Jews and Christians.

As to God Almighty being jealous, then this is also one of His Attributes in Islam. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said the following [note that some words -in the my English translation and shown between brackets [ ]- are extra words added by myself to clarify the meaning. I ask Allah's mercy and forgiveness if I was mistaken in them]:

إن الله يغار ، وغيرة الله أن يأتي المؤمن ما حرم الله

Allah is Jealous. Allah's Jealousy [occurs when] a believer commits an act forbidden by Allah.

[narrated by Al-Bukhari, hadith no. 5223]

المؤمن يغار . والله أشد غيرا

The believer is jealous, and Allah is more Jealous.

[narrated by Muslim, hadith no. 2761]

The following is a fatwa [religious opinion] by Sheikh Abdul Aziz ibn Baaz. It was posted on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 26348 [Moulding one’s character in the way that Allaah loves based on the meanings of His names and attributes] Please take special note of the passages I coloured red and set in bold type, like so:

Question:

I heard one of the khateebs giving a Friday khutbah and urging the people to adopt the attributes of Allaah and to mould their character after His. Is there a correct way to understand this? Is there a scholarly precedent for this statement?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The expression to which you refer is not appropriate, but there is a correct interpretation for it, which is encouraging people to mould their character based on the meanings implied by some of the attributes and names of Allaah. That means looking at the attributes of which it is appropriate for the created being (man) to adopt the meanings implied, in contrast to the attributes which belong exclusively to Allaah, such as His being the Creator, Provider, God, etc., for these are attributes to which the created being can never aspire and it is not permissible to claim such attributes. Rather what is meant by the attributes which Allaah loves for His slaves is that they should develop the attitudes implied by those attributes, such as knowledge, strength in adhering to the truth, mercy, forbearance, kindness, generosity, tolerance, etc. For Allaah is All-knowing and loves those who are knowledgeable; He is Strong and loves the strong believer more than He loves the weak believer; He is Generous and loves those who are generous; He is Merciful and loves those who show mercy; He is Forgiving and loves those who forgive, etc. But the attributes of Allaah are more perfect and greater than the attributes of the created being (man), so there is no comparison between them, because there is nothing like unto Him in His attributes and actions, just as there is nothing that can compare to Him in His Essence. Rather it is sufficient for the created being to have a share in these attributes in the manner that befits him, within the limits set by sharee’ah. If he oversteps the limits with regard to generosity then he will become a spendthrift; if he oversteps the limit with regard to mercy then he will fail to carry out the punishments decreed by sharee’ah; if he oversteps the limits with regard to forgiveness then he will forgive in an inappropriate manner. These are just a few examples, from which others may be deduced. The great scholar Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said words to this effect in his books ‘Uddat al-Saabireen and al-Waabil al-Sayyib, the texts of which follow. In ‘Uddat al-Saabireen (p. 310) he said: “Because He is al-Shakoor (the Appreciative) in the truest sense, the most beloved of His creation to Him are those who are characterized by the attribute of thankfulness, and the most hated of His creation to Him are those in whom this attribute is lacking, or who are characterized by the opposite. This applies to His Most Beautiful Names: the most beloved of His creation to Him are those who have the characteristic implied by that meaning, and the most hated of them to Him are those who have the opposite characteristic. For this reason He hates the kaafir, the wrongdoer, the hard-hearted, the miser, the coward, the despicable and the depraved. He is Beautiful and loves beauty; He is All-Knowing and loves those who have knowledge; He is Merciful and loves those who show mercy; He is Beneficent and loves those who do good; He is the Concealer and loves those who conceal (sins or faults); He is All-Powerful and condemns incapacity – the stronger believer is more beloved to Him than the weak believer. He is Forgiving and loves forgiveness; He is One and loves odd-numbered things. Everything that He loves is implied by His Names and Attributes, everything that He hates is the opposite of that.”

And he said in al-Waabil al-Sayyib (p. 43): “Generosity is one of the attributes of the Lord, for He gives and does not take, He feeds but He is not fed. He is the most generous of those who are generous, the kindest of those who are kind. The most beloved of His creation to Him are those who bear the characteristics implied by His attributes. For He is Kind and loves those among His slaves who are kind; He is All-Knowing and loves those who have knowledge; He is All-Powerful and loves those who are brave; He is Beautiful and loves beauty.”

I hope that what we have mentioned here will be sufficient. I ask Allaah to enable us all to understand His religion and to adhere to it properly, for He is All-Hearing, Ever-Responsive. Praise be to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds.

See: Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), 1/133.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=26348&ln=eng

I hope you're in good health, brother TheHumbleWun, and I sincerely hope I have not offended you. It's just that we Muslims must make sure that the passages in the Bible which we attack have no corresponding passages in the Qur'an and/or the authentic sayings of Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him]. And you already did that when you posted the verse about Jews eating the flesh of their own sons and daughters and the verse showing the punishment for working on the Sabbath is death. [note: I changed my position abut mentioning the punishment of death for working on the Sabbath. Please read my post #69 for more details]

I ask Allah the Almighty to bless your work, my work and the work of every Muslim, to forgive us our sins and to admit us to the highest degrees of Paradise where I hope we shall meet each other. Aameen.

With respect,

Your brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister aisha1114,

You asked the following question in post #21:

Are u discussing old or New testement ?Coz New Testement is not that vilent as the Old Testement .Am I wrong ?

Most of the passages I'm quoting are from the Old Testament. Christians cannot defend themselves by saying, "It's in the Old Testament" because the Old Testament is part of what they term "The Holy Bible". According to them, all this book and all it contains is holy and from God Almighty.

However, I did quote one passage from the New Testament in post #1 on this thread. It's from Matthew, chapter 15.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

:salam2: sister summertime,

If you read my posts numbered 1 and 3 on this thread, you'll see why Muslims also need to focus on some passages of the Bible.

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

MashaAllah! For such an extense and useful information. May Allah reward you for your hard work, enshaAllah.

I think totally the opposite of summertime : I think we should all know these things to be able to make good dawa to christians and catholics out there. I keep all this kind of information with me all the time, because all my family is christian and they can only relate to the Bible, not our Glorious Coran. In fact, my cousin is getting closer to Islam as I have written by MSN all these verses and others abour other topics as well. I myself, reverted to Islam through reading the Bible.

May Allah guide us all.

Thanks for posting this!

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

summertime

sister :)
hmm i do understand what u guys i saying..sorry hope i didn't offend anyone....what i was trying to say was that our first priority should be the quran...learning and pondering over it's message untill we understand it fully....and then move on to ther things....it's just my opinion..no one has to agree :)

Bluegazer

Don't worry, sister summertime. No offense was taken.

I agree with you that our first priority is to learn our religion from authentic sources. Then, people who work for the propagation of Islam must also learn some of the main doctrines and some texts of other religions so that they're well prepared to answer their questions and/or defend Islam from their attacks.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Bluegazer

I also add that learning from other religions should only be done after a thorough education about Islam and we must always ask Allah the Almighty to protect and preserve our faith. Some people think they know a lot, and then they are swamped by questions from non Muslims that might lead one to leave Islam. I seek refuge with Allah from such an action.

Therefore, extreme care needs to be taken.

ajazz

assalamualikum

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.
( An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #125)

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother ajazz,

Those who come and ask us politely about our religion, or those to whom we go and propagate Islam, we invite in a beautiful way, according to the Qur'anic verse you quoted.

But those [like this Dutch guy Wilders] who attacks Islam and Islam-haters like him need to be taught a lesson they won't forget. Please read posts 1 and 3 on this thread.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

"When a woman has her menstrual flow, she shall be in a state of impurity for seven days. Anyone who touches her shall be unclean until evening. Anything on which she lies or sits during her impurity shall be unclean. Anyone who touches her bed shall wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until evening. Whoever touches any article of furniture on which she was sitting, shall wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until evening. But if she is on the bed or on the seat when he touches it, he shall be unclean until evening. If a man dares to lie with her, he contracts her impurity and shall be unclean for seven days; every bed on which he then lies also becomes unclean. "When a woman is afflicted with a flow of blood for several days outside her menstrual period, or when her flow continues beyond the ordinary period, as long as she suffers this unclean flow she shall be unclean, just as during her menstrual period. Any bed on which she lies during such a flow becomes unclean, as it would during her menstruation, and any article of furniture on which she sits becomes unclean just as during her menstruation. Anyone who touches them becomes unclean; he shall wash his garments, bathe in water, and be unclean until evening. "If she becomes freed from her affliction, she shall wait seven days, and only then is she to be purified. On the eighth day she shall take two turtledoves or two pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance of the meeting tent. The priest shall offer up one of them as a sin offering and the other as a holocaust. Thus shall the priest make atonement before the LORD for her unclean flow.

Leviticus 15:19-30 (New American Bible)

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

Leviticus 15:19-30 (King James Version)

So, in addition to the woman -in her menstrual cycle- contaminating practically everything she touches, she must offer two turtledoves or two pigeons to "make atonement before the LORD for her unclean flow".

Jibran

And I say let's turn the tables on Christians who attack us in such a way.

Attacking their religion will only generate more hatred towards ours. Remember, there's such thing as a muslim convert/revert too, and we must take that into consideration when dealing with non-muslims. We have to be exemplary people as muslims. By displaying the same behavior as the haters will only make us stoop to their level. Our ethics, morality, and values will outshine their negative propaganda towards muslims inshallah.. and will draw in future muslims at the same time.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Jibran,

In post #35, you quoted my statement from post #1 "And I say let's turn the tables on Christians who attack us in such a way." Then you wrote the following:

Attacking their religion will only generate more hatred towards ours. Remember, there's such thing as a muslim convert/revert too, and we must take that into consideration when dealing with non-muslims. We have to be exemplary people as muslims. By displaying the same behavior as the haters will only make us stoop to their level. Our ethics, morality, and values will outshine their negative propaganda towards muslims inshallah.. and will draw in future muslims at the same time.

Thank you for your concern. However, I respectfully disagree with you.

Firstly, a Muslim has the duty to spread and propagate the religion of Islam. This also includes showing how other religions [in varying degrees] contain false doctrines and precepts. This does not make us Muslims "stoop to their level" because Muslims should not:

a) quote Biblical verses out of context
b) attack Biblical verses that contain elements also found in Islam

I have tried -to the best of my ability- to avoid point (a). As to point (b), please read my post #23 on this thread.

Secondly, there are many callers to Islam who actively used Biblical passages to show Christians that their beliefs are not based upon sound principles and evidence, such as Ahmed Deedat [may Allah have mercy on him].

And thirdly [and most important of all], Allah the Almighty has attacked blasphemous beliefs found in Judaism and Christianity. You have the following verses of the Qur'an:

Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah [‘Îsâ (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah [‘Îsâ (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no Ilâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God -Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them. Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and ask His Forgiveness? For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. The Messiah [‘Îsâ (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddîqah [i.e. she believed in the Words of Allâh and His Books. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allâh does not eat). Look how We make the Ayât (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 5:72-75]

The vast majority of Christians will find the above verses offensive. Does that mean that we Muslims should stop telling them that their worshiping of Jesus [peace be upon him] is associating a partner with God Almighty and therefore it is disbelief in God Almighty?

You also have the following verses of the Qur'an:

Indeed, Allâh has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: "Truly, Allâh is poor and we are rich!" We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: "Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire)."

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 3:181]

The Jews say: "Allâh’s Hand is tied up (i.e. He does not give and spend of His Bounty)." Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for what they uttered. Nay, both His Hands are widely outstretched. He spends (of His Bounty) as He wills. Verily, the Revelation that has come to you from your Lord (Allâh) increases in most of them (their) obstinate rebellion and disbelief. We have put enmity and hatred amongst them till the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war, Allâh extinguished it; and they (ever) strive to make mischief on the earth. And Allâh does not like the Mufsidûn (mischief-makers).

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 5:64]

In the above two passages of the Qur'an, Allah attacks two blasphemous beliefs that Jews had uttered. Therefore, we Muslims could also attack any blasphemous belief that is found in the Bible.

For example, take a look at the following verses of the Bible:

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Genesis 6:5-7 (King James Version)

And:

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exodus 31:17 (King James Version)

Don't you find, brother Jibran, that these Biblical verses contain blasphemies against Allah the Almighty? And therefore, don't we Muslims have the right and duty to highlight them and respond to them?

If you want to read a post of mine dealing with the above two Biblical verses, please click on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153168&postcount=124

The Dutch member of Parliament has released a film against Islam. It is filled with references that he sees as damning evidence against the Qur'an. And yet, what about the Biblical verses I quoted in my posts on this thread? Why did he attack Islam and yet say nothing about absolute bloodbaths mentioned and praised in the Bible?

Once many Westerners and other non Muslims ponder on this question, they'll see what a complete hypocrite he is. And that is why I started this thread so that any Muslim could have an easy time finding such Biblical verses.

Again, brother Jibran, I thank you for the advice. I just respectfully disagree with you for the reasons I have stated above.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

A Kashmiri

NUMBERS 31:17-18

"Now therefore KILL every male among the little ones, and KILL every woman (female) that hath known man by lying (having sex) with him. "But keep ALIVE for yourselves all the GIRLS and all the women who are VIRGINS."

NUMBERS 31:35
And the Jews salvaged for themselves 32,000 virgins,

Joshua 10:28

"He (Joshua) let NONE remain alive."

Salaam,

I hope you are in the best of health and eman brother Bluegazer. Thank you for your comments. You have not hurt me in any way :)

I pointed the verse regarding adultery because most Christians seem to skip and read over some of the passages in their books. They should also be cognizant of their Bible and how they don't hold anyone accountable for this evil action. I am aware that this is the same ruling in Islam.

I thank you for providing explanation about God being "jealous." I guess we humans can only understand God's "feelings" through our limited knowledge and perception. Jazkallah khair. May Allah swt reward you.

“If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away[/B]. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.”
(Matthew, 13:8-9)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=18&version=31

Self amputation does nothing. In fact this is suicide.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother TheHumbleWun,

I thank you for your kind words in your post #38, and I'm glad that I didn't hurt your feelings.

You mentioned an excellent point when you wrote:

I pointed the verse regarding adultery because most Christians seem to skip and read over some of the passages in their books. They should also be cognizant of their Bible and how they don't hold anyone accountable for this evil action. I am aware that this is the same ruling in Islam.

When you put it this way, you're absolutely right. I'd be grateful if you'd make that intention clear the next time so that nobody mistakenly thinks you're not aware of the punishment for adultery in Islam.

The passage about stoning you have mentioned actually led me to another passage of the Bible:

"If a man, after marrying a woman and having relations with her, comes to dislike her, and makes monstrous charges against her and defames her by saying, 'I married this woman, but when I first had relations with her I did not find her a virgin,' the father and mother of the girl shall take the evidence of her virginity and bring it to the elders at the city gate. There the father of the girl shall say to the elders, 'I gave my daughter to this man in marriage, but he has come to dislike her, and now brings monstrous charges against her, saying: I did not find your daughter a virgin. But here is the evidence of my daughter's virginity!' And they shall spread out the cloth before the elders of the city. Then these city elders shall take the man and chastise him, besides fining him one hundred silver shekels, which they shall give to the girl's father, because the man defamed a virgin in Israel. Moreover, she shall remain his wife, and he may not divorce her as long as he lives. "But if this charge is true, and evidence of the girl's virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father's house and there her townsmen shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 (New American Bible)

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her; And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him; And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 (King James Version)

Of the many points that could be mentioned here, two jump out:

1- What is this "the evidence of her virginity" that the father and mother are to bring to the elders?

According to footnote no. 3 in the New American Bible [as found in the official Vatican website], it is as follows:

3 [15] The evidence of her virginity: the bridal garment or sheet stained with a little blood from the first nuptial relations.

Source: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__P51.HTM

2- In Islam, the punishment for illegal sexual relations -committed by a person [man or woman] who has never been married- is 100 lashes. So, [in this regard] the punishment in Islam is lighter. However, in no way am I implying that the sin of fornication should be taken lightly. I ask Allah protect us all from it. Aameen.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Salaam,

Thank you brother Bluegazer. I apologize for not writing my intention regarding the adultery passage. I completely understand it makes a huge difference. Sometimes I'm in a rush and I don't get a chance to write all my thoughts.

It's interesting you pointed the passage (in the Bible) about stoning the woman. Do we know if there is punishment for Christian men who commit adultery?