The dark cave.

moonnah

I frequent many religious boards. LOOKING..

And on a catholicanswers board I saw that they "think" Muhammad got his message from a demon as because his message was given in a dark cave.
What do you think?

Now that I type this I think Moses got the ten commandments at night (it was dark) ??

Hello Moonnah,

My first question to you is, if I'm out at night (it doesn't matter if I'm in a cave or in my room) does that mean demons are possessing me? Think logically......

People have been making false accusations of Islam as far back as human civilization. If you want to learn about soccer, you don't go to a dentist, you go to someone who plays soccer. If you want to learn about the brain you go to a neurosurgeon not a pediatrician. If you want to learn about Islam you go to a Muslim not a non-Muslim.

Stay away from anti-Islamic websites. When we critique something we base it on facts, not some random goboddly goo.

The heck, Rushdie wrote the Satanic Verses and made false statements about Islam, degraded women, Buddhists, blacks, used the F word throughout his book and received an award by the U.S & Western countries for one of the best writers & novelists!

sunnahwarrior

And on a catholicanswers board I saw that they "think" Muhammad got his message from a demon as because his message was given in a dark cave.
What do you think?

Now that I type this I think Moses got the ten commandments at night (it was dark) ??

Akhee/Ukhtee,

We as a moslem are not supposed to take informations regarding this religion from the Kuffar.
We already have Our Holy Qur'an and SUnnah of Allah messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam

About the logic of what the kuffar have said, I think there is no scientific in it.
They just want to make us doubtful in our religion. They will do anything to make the moslem join them.

Peace be upon those who are guided

Salem9022

moonnah, knowing if Moses recived the Ten Commandment on a Day, or in a Night, or part of a night, or part of the day, or in the Morning, or in between the night and the day. how is this going to help you on Judgment Day?

First you need to know who is Allah, know your creator and who he is, which is more important.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I've been looking at your previous posts, and I hate to say that i'm skeptical about you're "good" intention to learn about Islam. All your doing is passing on hate messages from other people then putting them here for us to suck up.

If you're responsible enough to come on this board and ask a question, then I think you're more than capable to realize the absurdity of this allegation. You can refute any of that with simple logic, and when you apply its theme to anything more common in society, you'd know how much more foolish it is.

I'm sorry if I had offended you, I don't usually talk in such a hostile way but it seems that your just an Islamaphobic user poseing to be "stiving to Islamic education", while trying to generate uneeded problems for no good-reason.

If your intentions are pure, then i'l apoligize in advance. I just feel an urge to express myself.

ShyHijabi

What do you think?

Let's examine this from their perspective and use their "logic" to make an argument. Does not the Catholic religion teach that Jesus (peace be upon him) was born in a manger at night? Since electricity was not invented yet I would assume the manger was dark or dim due to only candle light. Do they not teach that he prayed in the garden of Gethemene at night asking for an answer to his prayers? If I recall their scriptures correctly he was answered three times, since it was dark, was he answered by a ddemon? Do you see the fatal flaw in this logic? By their own "logic" (and it is a stretch to dignify to as such) their own scripture would imply that demons were abound when they teach it was the voice of God.

Allah swt can give His message in light or dark, He is not limited by mere physical enviroment..that would be silly. Frankly I wonder why something so superstitious as the level of lighting when receiving a message even matters? It sounds like children saying there are monsters under their bed at night.

moonnah

I've been looking at your previous posts, and I hate to say that i'm skeptical about you're "good" intention to learn about Islam. All your doing is passing on hate messages from other people then putting them here for us to suck up.

If you're responsible enough to come on this board and ask a question, then I think you're more than capable to realize the absurdity of this allegation. You can refute any of that with simple logic, and when you apply its theme to anything more common in society, you'd know how much more foolish it is.

I'm sorry if I had offended you, I don't usually talk in such a hostile way but it seems that your just a non-muslim poseing to be "stiving to Islamic education", while trying to generate uneeded problems for no good-reason.

If your intentions are pure, then i'l apoligize in advance. I just feel an urge to express myself.

I am honest in my posting and I hope you all will not take questions like mine and other "offensive" questions from others lightly as it is hard to decipher all the information out there on the net. If may 'sound" offensive but we have to get to the bottom line and well..just ask.
Beating around the bush will not get Q's answered.

moonnah

I guess it does sound stupid but it is out there on many boards and is believed.

Let's examine this from their perspective and use their "logic" to make an argument. Does not the Catholic religion teach that Jesus (peace be upon him) was born in a manger at night? Since electricity was not invented yet I would assume the manger was dark or dim due to only candle light. Do they not teach that he prayed in the garden of Gethemene at night asking for an answer to his prayers? If I recall their scriptures correctly he was answered three times, since it was dark, was he answered by a ddemon? Do you see the fatal flaw in this logic? By their own "logic" (and it is a stretch to dignify to as such) their own scripture would imply that demons were abound when they teach it was the voice of God.

Allah swt can give His message in light or dark, He is not limited by mere physical enviroment..that would be silly. Frankly I wonder why something so superstitious as the level of lighting when receiving a message even matters? It sounds like children saying there are monsters under their bed at night.

ShyHijabi

I guess it does sound stupid but it is out there on many boards and is believed.

Yes well if you tell some people that the sky is purple they will believe it. Whenever you are researching information about anything use your own reasoning and ask if it sounds logical. Sometimes I think people should need a license to post on the internet, it is a great tool for spreading information but it has been used for misinformation as well.

I think asking questions about Islam is wonderful, but what purpose does it serve to ask Muslims what we think about what Catholics think about Islam or Mohammed? (peace be upon him) If you desire to learn about the Catholics then by all means learn what they have to say about their own religion. But to learn about Islam study Islam.

warda A

Sister
\

Moonah,

in your profile under "religion" you wrote "undecided". Are you not muslim or?

:salam2:

I think she said in her earlier posts that her husband is muslim.

Please Moonah as has been adviced here, if you want to learn about Islam , learn from the ones practicing islam.
Also learn about islam from the Quran(get a good translation) and read the biography of the prophet.
Muslims are just people like all the rest, we are humans after all so we will make mistakes but, islam is perfect even though us muslims are still striving to be perfect.
May Allah Ta'ala guide you to the straight path. Ameen

A Kashmiri

We are humans and superior being created by Allah.

To think logically and rational is part of being superior - creations of Allah.

Whatever is on the dash boards and som people believing it doesnt mean we should believe it importantly when we know that it is coming from the ones who oppose Islam. You should check and verify it.

Same applies here, if on this website there is an argument which is against the christian belief system and history , one should check it before spreading it or communicating it to other. As Quran says we shouldnt pass any information unless it is not checked and verified.

Alhamdullilah this is what makes us different from them- The Christians and Jews and other non muslims.

Masallama

cmelbouzaidi

Dear Moonnah,

Many will and have for centuries try to say that our beloved prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, was possessed by something sinister. I am sure some zealous Catholics are panicking now because Catholicism is one of the main faiths that people are leaving to come to Islam. Now, I don't think the website you looked at is a fair representation of most Catholics, but that is the thing about the internet, anyone can post any old rubbish. I think your average practising Catholic has not thought much about Islam at all.... those that have looked with a pure heart are often finding out that they like what they learn:)

Our beloved prophet, Mohammed, peace be upon him, instructed Muslims to worship only the One Almighty Creator, to pray in submission to Allah (God) five times a day, to be good to one another and respect the rights of non-Muslims in any predominantly Muslim country. We are encouraged to look after the needy, to stand up for justice and seek knowledge and not to hold dear to material things. Does this sound like the message from an evil demon? May Allah forgive us all. The Qur'an is written in the most beautiful poetic language, the like of which had never been seen prior to its revelation and has not been seen since. For centuries, those who want to claim that the Qur'an is not a revelation from God have tried to come up with chapters to mimick the beauty of the Qur'an and they have failed miserably. The same Qur'an, that was revealed to Mohammed via the Angel Gabriel, the word of Allah, is the same Qur'an we read today, 1400 years later, not a single letter or punctuation point has changed. The Qur'an that one has in Indonesia is the same as the one someone reads in Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and the USA and everywhere else on this planet. In this alone is a lot for people who think logically.

I think you have indicated that your husband is from Pakistan. I feel you really are struggling with all of this and I hope your questions are posed in sincerity. I would ask you, as your faith is undecided, to make a simple prayer to God to keep the whispering of Satan away, as you look into religion. Do you know that Satan works very, very hard to keep people from learning the Truth? Insha Allah (God willing), you will find your way to the Truth and not be concerned about what others say or think or how many times some bozo has been married in the last fifty years. When we face judgement from the Almighty, we will stand infront of him alone with no-one to come to our rescue. He knows exactly why we do the things we do and in this life, if we take a step towards Allah, he comes running to us. Seek his help in everything you do and in the knowledge you seek :)

OsMaN_93

Here to help
they are scared of islam, because islam is getting bigger and bigger everyday.
And Allah Knos Best.
:salam2: