The Etiquette's of Sleeping....

IbnAhmad

:salam2:

i'm gna go sleep nw so i thought al post this.... loool :)

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

The Etiquette's of Sleeping

1. Sleep in a state of taharah (purity).

Ibn Abbas reported that Allaah's Messenger said: “Purify these bodies and Allaah will purify you, for there is no slave who goes to sleep in a state of purity but an Angel spends the night with him, and every time he turns over, [the Angel] says, 'O Allah! Forgive Your slave, for he went to bed in a state of purity.'” [Reported by at-Tabaranee. See Saheeh al-Jamee (3831)]

2. Sleep early.

Sleeping early is a healthy habit and it was the practice of Allaahs Messenger to sleep directly after performing the Isha prayer. Abu Barzah al-Aslami said that the Prophet used to prefer to delay Isha, and he did not like to sleep before it or talk after it.”
[Saheeh al-Bukharee]

3. Choose a suitable bed.

Excessive luxurious or soft bed provokes laziness and makes one sleep more and become negligent. Aaishah narrates that the pillow of the Prophet on which he slept at night was made of leather stuffed with palm fibers.”
[Abu Dawood and Musnad Ahmad. Saheeh al-Jamee (4714)]

4. Clean the bed and lie on the right side.

Abu Hurayrah reported: The Prophet said: “When any one of you goes to bed, let him clear his bed by hitting it with his garment, for he does not know what may have come onto it. Then let him lie down on his right side…” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

5. Reciting the Adhkaar (supplications) mentioned in the Sunnah before sleeping.

There are a number of Adhkaar prescribed in the Sunnah before going to bed, amongst them are reciting the last verses of Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 285 and Verse 286], reciting Surah Al-Falaq, Surah An-Nas and Surah Al-Ikhlas , blow in the palms and wipe as much of the body possible, starting from the head, face and then the front of the body doing it three times. [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

Ali Ibn Abi Talib reported that when the Prophet's daughter, Fatima came to him and asked him for a servant, he said to her and Ali: “Shall I not teach you something that will be better for you than a servant? When you go to bed, say 'SubhanAllah' thirty-three times, 'Al-hamdulillah' thirty-three times, and 'Allahu Akbar' thirty-four times. This is better for you than a servant.”
[Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

Keep smiling everyone :) :SMILY346: :)
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

There are a number of Adhkaar prescribed in the Sunnah before going to bed, amongst them are reciting the last verses of Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 285 and Verse 286reciting Surah Al-Falaq, Surah An-Nas and Surah Al-Ikhlas , blow in the palms and wipe as much of the body possible, starting from the head, face and then the front of the body doing it three times. [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]
:wasalam:

JazakaAllah kharan for sharing this bro, but I have a question on the red...I thought it was only Ayatul kurs, surah Falaq, An-nas, and Al-ikhlas that we had to read before going to bed (those are the ones that I usually read) I didnt know about verse 285-286 so can you tell me more??
:hearts: your sis in Islam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alayukm

:ma: it's amazing, insha ALlah i will start doing that. jazak Allahu khayra brother and keep smilling too like that:) LOL

wasalam

salek

brother Abu huraira 786,
assalamu alaikum. jazakallahu khair brother, for the thread -etiquette's of sleeping. i love all of your threads , all were very important and educative that gave us remind to follow the way of sunnah as we forget often being involved in so many worldly things. and there is shaytan out there who always attract us to . May Allah helps us to follow the way of sunnah. thanks again brother.

IbnAhmad

JazakaAllah kharan for sharing this bro, but I have a question on the red...I thought it was only Ayatul kurs, surah Falaq, An-nas, and Al-ikhlas that we had to read before going to bed (those are the ones that I usually read) I didnt know about verse 285-286 so can you tell me more??
from sis (Allah's Servent)
lol guesss wot, to be honest, i used to do the same until i read this so their u go sis!! i say there's no harm in reading it soo why not?? loool (if u get what i mean) cos i do talk rubbish sometimes lol

keep smiling :)

IbnAhmad

brother Abu huraira 786,
assalamu alaikum. jazakallahu khair brother, for the thread -etiquette's of sleeping. i love all of your threads , all were very important and educative that gave us remind to follow the way of sunnah as we forget often being involved in so many worldly things. and there is shaytan out there who always attract us to . May Allah helps us to follow the way of sunnah. thanks again brother.

Jazakallah for your kind words bro.. i'm happy u like my posts..alhamdulilah.
may allah swt bless you. Amiin

IbnAhmad

Asalamu alayukm

:ma: it's amazing, insha ALlah i will start doing that. jazak Allahu khayra brother and keep smilling too like that:) LOL

wasalam

Jazakallah khair for the kind words sis. I will keep smiling like this :) haha lol...i hope.. alhamdulilah u guys are at TTI always make me smile...

may allah swt bless u...amiin
:) :)

naaad

mu'minah
lol guesss wot, to be honest, i used to do the same until i read this so their u go sis!! i say there's no harm in reading it soo why not?? loool (if u get what i mean) cos i do talk rubbish sometimes lol

yes indeed sis & bro, S. Baqarah V. No. 285-286 are part of the adhkaar before sleeping and the day and night adhkaar....
i always recite them though:SMILY346:

icadams

A great post brother, but can someone tell me what an adhkaar is. Is it the same as a du'aa?

Abdulhalim

Remembering Allah...

Salaam to all Bro/sis, and for Brother Abu Harairah, May Allah reward for the reminder... Reminder really benefit the believers.

Please note that the more you remember Allah, the more reward you get. Remembering Allah depends upon the level of our FAITH. If you can able to Read Fatiha, Ayatul Qursi, the Last two Verses of Baqara and the 4 Quls and end it with Laa Ilaaha Illallah, it would be better for you.

However, if you are of the high level of Faith, then Surah Sajdah, Yassin, Qaqi'ah and Mulk will gain more reward.

If you can't do all of them, then Bismillah and Laa Ilaaha Illallah will be enough.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

JazakaAllah khairan for the reply bro, I guess it's time for me to start memorizing those verses:)
"talk rubbish"??? you kidding me? no bro you are benefiting others and if that is "rabbush" to you then it's Good "rabbush" if you know what I mean...Thanks bro I really appreciate your answer, May Allah bless you for reminding us about the Sunnah of our beloved prophet (SAW).
KEEP ON SMILING AS WELL BRO:) :)
:hearts: your sis in ISLAM

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

yes indeed sis & bro, S. Baqarah V. No. 285-286 are part of the adhkaar before sleeping and the day and night adhkaar....
i always recite them though:SMILY346:

JazakaAllah Khairan naad,
This is my first time reading about verses 285-286 so inshaAllah I will memorize them and add them to my ADHKAAR before I go to bed. "I always recite them though" Iam happy to read that:) inshaAllah I will be saying this in few day:)
Salaams sis and May the MERCY of Allah Aza wajal be with you NOW and ALWAYS
:hearts: your sis in ISLAM

IbnAhmad

Increasing the Love of Allah (SWT)....

increasing the Love of Allah (SWT)
(1) Recognizing the bounties Allah has bestowed upon His slaves. These bounties [are so many that they] cannot be counted or enumerated. [Allah says:] "If you count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them." [14:34]

Hearts naturally have love for those who do good to them. Love for a blessing is from the general aspects of thanking the one who has bestowed a bounty. It is said that thanks is with the heart, tongue and limbs.

(2) Another cause is to have knowledge of Allah by His Names, Attributes and Actions. The one who knows Allah, loves Him. Whoever loves Him, obeys Him. Whoever obeys Allah is honored by Him. Whoever Allah honors, He will have him live close to Him. Whoever lives close to Him, has attained the glad tidings.

(3) One of the great causes [that leads to having love of Allah] is the specific knowledge that comes about through pondering over the creation of the heavens and the earth and what Allah has created. In the Qur'an, there is much mention of the signs of Allah that indicate His Greatness, Power, Majesty, Perfection, Eminence, Compassion, Mercy, Strength, Subjugation and other of His beautiful Names and exalted Attributes. Whenever one's knowledge of Allah is strengthened, one's love for Him is also strengthened and one's love for obeying Him is also strengthened. He will then experience the pleasure of worship, whether it be in prayer, remembrance or other forms of worship.

(4) Another cause that will bring about love for Allah is to act towards Allah with sincerity and purity while going against one's desires. This is a cause for Allah to bless a slave and when He blesses the slave, the slave loves Him.

(5) One of the greatest causes that bring about one's love for Allah is increasing one's remembrance of Allah. Whenever a person loves something, he remembers it more often. And it is through the remembrance of Allah that the hearts find tranquillity. In fact, one of the signs of having love for Allah is the constant remembrance of Allah by one's heart and tongue.

(6) One of the causes that brings about Allah's love for His slave is reciting the Qur'an often and pondering over its meaning, in particular those verses that contain Allah's Names, Attributes and Actions. Having fondness for that action will lead the slave to love Allah and Allah to love Him.

(7) Another of the causes of love for Allah is remembering what has been mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah concerning the believers seeing their Lord in the Hereafter and visiting them and gathering together on the Day of Abundance. That will definitely bring about in a person love for Allah.

:wasalam: keep smiling :)