The Garden Corner

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
As gardening can be labeled as "healthy living", I started this thread in here. Salam gardeners, please update to here your success and failures (remember you can only see failures as lessons and learn more about them) about your gardens, tiny or larger ones.

As here is still snow on the ground, not much to tell right now but it´s time when I am looking for new seeds and soon start to sow them indoors.

Today I visited in the garden market and found some seeds like flowers, herbs and veggies, including two bags of tomatoes:

nacghRW.jpg

Marmande and Moneymaker

:)

Cariad

My garden is still very wet. I have bought some seeds in readiness. I am also going to get a few chickens. I had some years ago but the foxes took them. I found a new type of chicken house that is supposed to be fox proof.. I hope so. I will try post some photos of them when they are ready to move into my garden :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Now we have snow here - and a lot:
UnlPw2I.jpg

Only narrow paths to walk:
2k8eUjV.jpg

No way to use the garden gate before the spring:
0YIDvJO.jpg

The front yard:
zrRsXZm.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chilies got bigger pots with fresh, new soil:

rwBljGg.jpg

z6S6BSU.jpg

Tomatoes grow well:

Grape tomato 100&1000s:

1PywprF.jpg

Money maker tomato:

mTGUWv1.jpg

Beefsteak tomato Marmande:

rvgN0bN.jpg

Lemon grass:

MA7la9n.jpg

A lot of basils coming:

aV82cAM.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I am very pleassed how tomatoes have started to grow as their stems look strong.

Money maker:

qJt28W9.jpg

P2Ev4KF.jpg

Many times some seedlings grow too fast indoors and they become too lanky. Seems that now I have found good ratio between light and temperature.

100&1000s:

Lvxr6G1.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
New growing in the herb garden - the first chives at the last weekend:

tQ6nqpc.jpg

PZSygUO.jpg

Now weather is turning colder during the next few days. We are expecting also some snow.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
From the garden:

The first bud of tulip:

pguC35X.jpg

The weather is now so cold that it might takes time before it´s ready to open.

Aconite:

qMUL19p.jpg

Bleeding heart:

DgtncOO.jpg

Day lily:

sLzTHxW.jpg

These ones are growing at the warmest part of the garden, beside of the southern wall. They start to grow very early - sometimes it feels like too early.