THE GPU EVENT

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I've watched bits and pieces on TV and some of the talks were really good but there was too much nasheed (which I was not particularly interested in).

I liked the talk by J. Jackson and Abdullah elmusleh and the woman from the RESPECT party. There was this guy from Canada who gave a talk about atheism which was good as well.

There was few bits that I had an uneasy feeling about ... certainly somethings were OTT and at times it looked like the event is giving people a chance to play politics and sell themselves.

what do you guys think ?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Definetly too much music..that's the sad bit..but the speeches were quite good, i particularly liked the last one made by ....sHAKIR, i forgot his first name sorry..

*FIRM BELIEVER*

I watched it on tv aswell.. i think that they went over the top with the nasheeds.. and especially when brother rizwan suggested to the crowd to make alot of noise, that was just totally out of order.. i mean why encourage the crowd to do that especially with the muslim sisters in there.. doesn't seem right 4 the sisters to be shouting and screaming whilst they are mixed with brothers... :astag:
&& also the instruments used in the nasheeds just ruined it totally..but i guess that happens every year!

But overall i have to admit the talks were really good..

This year alot of people were put off the GPU event!