The Hereafter

fada_all

The Hereafter

(86) Adi bin Hatim related to us; he relates that the Apostle of God said: “[At Resurrection] the Lord will speak directly and face-to-face to everyone of you so that there will neither be a spokesman nor a screen intervening [between Him and you]. [At that time, the condition of the bondsman will be such that he will be looking hither and thither in astonishment and helplessness]. Thus, when he will look towards the right, he will see nothing but his deeds, and when he will look towards the left, he will see nothing but his deeds, and when he will look in front, he will see nothing but fire. Hence, O men, save yourselves from the Fire of Hell even through a dry piece of a dried date.”
-Bukhari and Muslim
Commentary.-It calls upon men to practise charity in order to save themselves from Hell and even if they have nothing to give away except a piece of a dried date, they should try to ward off the punishment of Hell by giving it in the way of God.
{Note:-Whenever in the Quran and the Traditions the Day of Final Requital and its horrors are described and the severity of the chastisement of Hell is mentioned the object is only to warn the bondmen so that they tried their utmost to guard themselves against the dreadful sequel of the Hereafter. In the above saying this purpose has been distinctly indicated but the aim of the Traditions in which it has not been done should also be taken to be the same].
(87) It is related by Abdullah bin Omar that the Apostle of God said: “On the Last Day, the Lord will draw His faithful bondsman [towards His Mercy] and cover him up with His mantle and ask him, ‘Do you recognise this sin and that [i.e., do you remember having committed them]’? The bondsman will reply, ‘Yes, O Lord, I remember.’ God will, thus, make him confess all of his misdeeds and he will begin to fear in his heart that he was doomed to a sorrowful end. God will, then, say, ‘I had concealed these sins of yours in the world and, today, I condone them and grant you forgiveness.’ After it, the record of his good actions will be handed over to him [i.e., only the record of his virtuous deeds will come to the knowledge of the people gathered for the Judgement and God will settle the question of his sins away from their sight]. But, with the Infidels and the Hypocrites it will be different. About them, it will be declared openly that these are the men who attributed fictitious things to the Lord [i.e., invented their own faith by entertaining baseless notions about God]. Beware ! The curse of God is upon the unbelievers.”
-Bukhari and Muslim
(88) Ayesha Siddiqa narrated that, once, she began to cry at the thought of Hell. The Prophet asked her, “What made you cry?” “I thought of Hell and the fear of it made me weep. Will you remember the members of your family on the Day of Judgement?” She said. “No one will remember anyone [or care for him] at three places,” the Prophet observed. “One, when the Scales of Justice will be set up and up to the time it will not be known whether the weight of one’s [good] deeds is heavy or light; two, when the Book of Deeds will be handed over and, on receiving it in the right hand, one truthful Believer will joyously say to the other, ‘Read it’, and up to the time it will not be known in which hand the Book of Deeds is to be given, in the right hand, or in the left, or from behind; and, three, when the Bridge will be placed over the Bottomless Pit [and everyone will be commanded to pass over it].”
-Abu Dawood
Commentary.-The substance of the Prophet’s reply is that, on the Day of Judgement, three occasions will be so terrible that everyone will be concerned only with his own fate and no one will be able to come to anyone’s rescue: (i) when the deeds will be weighed and till the time the result is known; (ii) when people will be waiting for the Book of Deeds and everyone will be wondering whether it is given to him in the right hand or the left [i.e., he is found worthy of forgiveness and reward or wrath and punishment]; and, three, when the Bridge of Sirat will be placed over Hell and everyone will be called upon to pass over it.
In brief, all of us should strive earnestly for the Hereafter and refrain from depending upon anyone for our salvation.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair sister. It improves eeman.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

fada_all

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair sister. It improves eeman.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

wa alikum assalam warahmatu allahi wabarakatuh,

and you brother from ahl al ajazaa .hope it is beneficial for all of us..

:tti_sister::tti_sister:may allah reward you al jannah and all muslims

fada_all

Asslamu alykum,jazak allah khayer for sharing,that was very informative.

salam alikom

thanks so much sister for taking time for reading , hope it is beneficial for all of us , ameen to your dou'a

and you from ahla aljazaa

ur sis

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

Masha Allah, very useful article:) Jazak Allahu khayra for sharing this with us ya ukhti.

wasalam

IbnAhmad

salaam

jazakallah khair for the very beneficial thread... :)
may allah swt bless you..amiin

wasalam :D