The Life of Abu al-A'laa ibn Ahmad Hasan al-Mawdudi

salahdin

The Life of Abu al-A'laa ibn Ahmad Hasan al-Mawdudi - Shaykh Muhammad Musa Shareef

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud

“We emulate and do not set precedents, we follow and do not innovate, and we will not deviate as long as we hold on to the narrations.” (Sharh Usul Itiqad Ahl al-Sunnah of al-Lalaka’i, narration number 115)

[yt]MN0Ibxj54QM[/yt]

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
:salam2:

:shahadah:

Alhamd Li LAAH

thank you;as a matter of fact i am one of those who read and understood his translation and meanings.

Had I.. NOT grasped the those MEANT meanings; i would have never and EVER put myself into this...Task similar to Maududi, at least "as a mustard grain" comparing to his works and words.

Nevertheless...i have received many warnings as "Maududi deviation" i still have these messages; (but i prefer to keep them as secret.)

His (maududi) were meant to relay to us as it should....and we to do similar yet depends on time and the Age of the time.

coming to the end....what should I say.....few words:-

"Lakad jaat L'hak wazahakt L baatila Ina L baa'tilah Kaanat Zahuuka:

thank you

Salem9022

Sorry but maybe you can clarify for me. I read that Mawdudi was the one who invented the Term Tawheed Ul Hakamiyaah and innovated in creating 4 categories of Tawheed? There was other issues regarding his aqeedah. Maybe you can clarify for me.

Idris16

Ok. But how can you say tawheed hakimiyyah is innovated because ppl call it a 4th category of tawheed? I have questions to you. Did the prophet salAllahu alayhi wasallam mention Tawhid Asma wa sifat? Did the Sahabas mention it? Did the four Imams mention it? Did the later Imams like Ibn Taymiyyah mention it?

If your answer is No they didnt, then how come you dont call Tawhid asma wa sifat bid'ah?

Salem9022

Ok. But how can you say tawheed hakimiyyah is innovated because ppl call it a 4th category of tawheed? I have questions to you. Did the prophet salAllahu alayhi wasallam mention Tawhid Asma wa sifat? Did the Sahabas mention it? Did the four Imams mention it? Did the later Imams like Ibn Taymiyyah mention it?

If your answer is No they didnt, then how come you dont call Tawhid asma wa sifat bid'ah?

Shaikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaimeen was asked concerning this, and he replied that:

"Whoever claims that there is a fourth category of tawheed under the title 'Tawheed al-Haakimiyyah' is to be counted as an innovator (mubtadi'). So this is an innovated categorisation which emanates from an ignorant person who does not understand anything of the affairs of 'aqeedah and the deen. This is because 'al-Haakimiyyah' falls within Tawheedur-Ruboobiyyah from the aspect that Allaah decrees whatever He wills.

It also enters under Tawheedur-Ruboobiyyah in that the servant must worship Allaah according to what He has decreed. So it does not fall outside the three categories of tawheed, which are: Tawheedur-Ruboobiyyah, Tawheedul-Uloohiyyah and Tawheedul-Asmaa was-Sifaat."

Then, when asked, 'How are we to rebut them?' he replied:

"We rebut them by saying to them, 'What does 'al-Haakimiyyah' mean?' It does not mean except their saying that judgement/decree is for Allaah alone ' and that is Tawheedur-Ruboobiyyah. So Allaah, He is the Lord, the Creator, the Sovereign Owner, the One in control of the affairs. But as for what they intend by it and an explanation of the danger of this idea of theirs, then we do not know their intentions and desire, so therefore we cannot estimate the seriousness of this matter.'

Taken from 'al-Muslimoon,' no. 639, 25th of Dhul-Hijjah 1417H which corresponds to Friday the 2nd of May 1997.

Salem9022

Imaam al-Albani on Tawhid ul-Hakimiyyah

Shaikh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee was asked, "Our Shaikh, may Allaah bless you, the scholars of the Salaf, may Allaah have mercy upon them, mention that Tawheed is of three types: 'ar-Ruboobiyyah,' 'al-Uloohiyyah' and 'al-Asmaa was-Sifaat,' so is it correct for us to say that there is a fourth Tawheed that is 'Tawheedul-Haakimiyyah' or 'Tawheed of Judgement?' So he replied:

"'Al-Haakimiyyah' is a branch of the branches of Tawheedul-Uloohiyyah, and those who focus their attention upon this newly invented saying in the present age use it as a weapon not to teach the Muslims the Tawheed that all of the Prophets and Messengers came with, but rather as apolitical weapon. So if you wish I will establish for you what I have just said, even though this question has repeatedly been answered by me, many times - or if you wish we will continue upon our topic.

I have said in similar circumstances, as support for what I have just said, that usage of the word 'al-Haakimyyah' is part of the political da'wah that is particular to some of the parties present today; and I will mention here something that occurred between myself and someone who gave the khutbah in one of the mosques of Damascus. So on the day of Jumu'ah he gave a khutbah which was all about judgement/decree being for Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic. But this person made an error with regard to a matter of fiqh. So after he had finished the prayer I went forward to him and gave him 'salaam,' and said to him, 'O my brother, you did so and so, and that is contrary to the Sunnah.' So he said to me, 'I am a Hanafee, and the Hanafee madhhab says what I have done.' So I said, 'Subhaanallaah! You have given khutbah that judgement/decree is just for Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, but you only use this word to attack those rulers whom you think are Unbelievers because they do not rule according to the Islamic Sharee'ah. But you have forgotten about yourselves - that Allaah's decree/judgement covers every Muslim. So why, when I say to you that the Messenger did so and so, why do you say, 'But my madhhab is such and such.' Then you have contradicted that which you call the people to.'

So if it were not for the fact that they use this saying as a tool for political propaganda of theirs, then we would say, 'This is our merchandise that has been returned to us.'

So the da'wah that we call the people to contains 'al-Haakimiyyah' and other than 'al-Haakimiyyah': Tawheedul-Uloohiyyah and Tawheed of worship - that which you concentrate upon enters within it. We are the ones who propagated what you mention whilst you are focusing upon 'al-Haakimiyyah,' the hadeeth of Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan, that when the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa-sallam) recited this ayah to his noble Companions:

They (the Jews and the Christians) took the Rabbis and learned men as lords besides Allaah. Soorah at-Tawbah (9):31

then 'Adiyy ibn Haatim at-Taa'ee said, 'By Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah, we did not take them as lords besides Allaah.' So he said, 'When they made something lawful forbidden for you, had you not used to declare it forbidden; and when they made lawful something forbidden, had you not used to take it as being lawful?' He said, 'As for that, then it did used to happen.' He said, 'Then that is your taking them as lords besides Allaah.'

So we are the ones who propagated this hadeeth, and then it reached the others. Then they advanced one part of Tawheedul-Uloohiyyah or worship, with this innovated title for political aims.

So I do not see anything (wrong) in a terminology such as this if only they had not left it as mere propaganda without their acting as it requires. So it is, as I have just mentioned, a part of Tawheed of worship - but you will see them worshipping Allaah in whatever manner each of them feels like, and if it is said, as we have just mentioned in the incident of the man who gave the khutbah, 'that someone is acting contrary to the Sunnah,' or 'this is something contrary to the saying of the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa-sallam),' then he says, 'My madhhab is such and such.'

That judgement/decree is for Allaah alone is not just a proof against the Unbelievers and the mushriks, but also against anyone who transgresses against Allaah by contradicting what came from Allaah in His Book, and from His Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa-sallam) in his Sunnah. This is what I have as a reply to the likes of this question."

Taken from 'al-Muslimoon,' no. 639, 25th of Dhul-Hijjah 1417H which corresponds to Friday the 2nd of May 1997.

Salem9022

As Far as Tawheed being mentioned by scholars before. Shaykh 'Abdurrazzaq bin 'Abdil Muhsin al-'Abbaad says in his Book book al-Mukhtasar al-Mufeed fee bayaan dalaa-il aqsaam at-Tawheed,

As Muslims we know that Tawheed is divided into three categories, Tawheed ar-Rubobiyyah, Tawheed al-Ulohiyyah and Tawheed al-Asmaa wa Sifaat.

However some people argue that these categories of Tawheed are something new. And in their opinion only Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad bin ‘Abdil-Wahhaab invented these categories. But these people do not realise that even the Salaf used to divide Tawheed into these three categories.

The books of the pious predecessors are filled with references to these different categories of Tawheed. And if I were to bring all their statements, this book would become very lengthy indeed! But sufficient for me is what some of our pious predecessors have said regarding the categories of Tawheed. And this will show that Tawheed is indeed divided into three categories and I will only quote scholars who lived before Ibn Taymiyyah, regardless of math-hab.

1. Imaam Aboo Haneefah [death 150 AH] mentions this in his book al-Fiqh al-Absat.

2. al-Haafidh ibn Munduh [death 395 AH] mentions this in his book at-Tawheed.

3. Ibn Jareer at-Tabari (the famous Mufasir) [death 310 AH] mentions it in his famous tafsir. (Surah Muhammad verse 19)

4. Imaam at-Tahaawi [death 321 AH] mentions it in his book al-Aqeedah at-Tahaawiyyah.

5. Aboo Muhammad al-Marta-ish an-Naysaabooriyy [death 328 AH] is qouted by Aboo Nuaym in his Hilyah, saying Tawheed is divided into three categories.

6. Aboo Haatim al-Bustee [death 354 AH] mentions it in his book Rawdhatul ‘Uqalaa wa Nuzhatul Fudhalaa.

7. Ibn Abee Zayd al-Qayrawaanee al-Maaliki [death 386 AH] mentions it in his book ar-Risaalah.

8. Imaam Ibn Battah al-Hanbali [death 387 AH] mentions it in his book al-Ibaanah.

9. Aboo Bakr al-Dardooshee al-Maaliki [death 520 AH] mentions it in his book Siraaj al-Muluuk.

10. Aboo ‘Abdillaah al-Qortobee al-Maaliki [death 671 AH] (the famous Mufasir) mentions it in his famous tafseer

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
Mawdudi -A man who reviled some of the Prophets of Allaah and the Companions of Allaah's Messenger(salallahu alayhi ue sallam) as well as promoting unIslamic revolutionary modes of thought.

For in-depth refutation of Maududi by Shaykh Rabee al-Madkhalee hafidhahullah see from middle of page 71 to 115 of the book 'The Methodology of Prophets in calling to of Allaah-That is the way of wisdom and intelligence'

May Allah guide the common supporters of Jamaat-e-Islami to recognize how it has deviated from the Sunnah. Aameen.

Attachments

• Mawdudi, Qutb and the Prophets of Allaah.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 15
  • The Methodology of Prophets in calling to of Allaah-That is the way of wisdom and intelligence'.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 13

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Peace

Sorry but maybe you can clarify for me. I read that Mawdudi was the one who invented the Term Tawheed Ul Hakamiyaah and innovated in creating 4 categories of Tawheed? There was other issues regarding his aqeedah. Maybe you can clarify for me.

-------------------------------

Asalaam aleykum wa RahmatuLLAH wa Barakatuhu/

brother brothers/sisters.

thank you for inquiring for the clarification; and for sharing this topic.

let us NOT 4get that we are all Muslims, and our Lord is ALLAH~~~Yes ?~~.

so I started conveying as tho what i studied

...i am NOT after what he..has EATEAN blah blah but to what HE HAS CONVEYED TO US

So.....You too start your...your topicTEACH US WHAT YOU HAVE learned and if any needs to be clarified than there we are co-operation and SIMULTANEOUSLY learning, and being LEARNED.

NO USE to start arguing..

Arguments reach Us NOWHERE.

thank you.