The man beautifying himself for his wife......

UmmTaymiyyah

The Man Beautifying Himself for His Wife & Helping Her With Housework​
[/B]​
by
Umm Salamah as-Salafiyyah
(an Excerpt for her book Supporting the Rights of The Believing Women​
)

The Man Beautifying Himself for His Wife

Allaah says: (Translated to mean)
“And the women have the same rights as those that are over them from what is
reasonable.”
[Sooratul-Baqarah 2: 228]

Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer (V) in his explanation of this verse said:
“It means that they have rights over the men similar to the rights that the men have over
them. So giving each other their mutual rights is obligatory from what is reasonable…
Wakee’ said on the authority Basheer ibn Sulaymaan, on the authority of ‘Ikramah, on the
authority of Ibn ‘Abbaas who said: “Verily I love to beautify myself for women just as I love
women to beautify themselves for me because Allaah says: (Translated to mean)

‘And the women have the same rights as those that are over them from what is
reasonable.’
[Sooratul-Baqarah 2: 228]

If a man beautifies himself, it helps the woman in lowering her gaze and it helps to bring
the hearts close together. Some men go to their wives and they are unkempt, dirty, and foul
smelling. He bathes and perfumes himself to go out with his friends, but when he returns
he is as I mentioned earlier which causes dislike in the heart and disgust in the soul. Just as
you ask your wife, when she is in front of you, to be beautiful looking and pleasant
smelling, she also asks this of you. She has feelings just as you do, and she has senses just as
you do. Men, fear Allaah in yourselves and in your women.”

Helping Her with Housework​

‘Aa’ishah (Radhiallaahu anhaa) was asked, “What does the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam do with his family?” She
said: “He was busy with his family until it was time to pray and then he prayed.” 1
On the authority of al-Qaasim, on the authority of ‘Aa’ishah (Radhiallaahu anhaa) that he asked, “What did
the Messenger of Allaah do in his house?” She said: “He was a man among men, he
cleaned his garment, he milked his sheep and he served himself”.2
On the authority of ‘Urwah ibn az-Zubayr, on the authority of ‘Aa’ishah (Radhiallaahu anhaa) that he asked,
“What did the Messenger of Allaah do in his house?” She said: “He mended his garment,
patched his shoes and he did in his house what men do in their houses.” 3
The female student of Islaamic knowledge especially needs her husband’s help in raising
the children and caring for them, in order for her to study from the Qur’aan and Sunnah
what is needed for her to practice her religion and assist her in bringing up her children in
a proper and sound way. We ask Allaah to guide our men.
1 Saheeh al-Bukhaaree
2 Ahmad with an authentic chain.
3 Ahmad with an authentic chain.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum...

Masha'Allah Tabarak'Allah....this information is very useful indeed.

Jazak'Allahu Khairan for sharing...

Wasalam

talibulislam

what women do

what women do just sit,beautify,eat & breastfeed,don't see waht women suppose to do,this also seem like western mind looking for islamic intrepretation to get man on same track where western men r,but despite all that lack of understanding about islam even in islamic counteries,women family life last more then anyother civilized part of the world,as far is cleansiness concern thats half of our faith & anymuslim should know that.

talibulislam

what women needs to learn & practice 4 longterm relation

Urwah said:

“I asked ‘A’ishah, ‘With what did you perfume Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) at the time when he entered ihram?’ She said, ‘With the best of perfume.’” 33

According to another report also given by Muslim, ‘A’ishah (radhiallahu anha) said:

“I applied the best perfume I could find to Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) before he entered ihram and when he concluded it, before he performed tawaf al-ifadah.”34

When the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was in seclusion (i’tikaf), he would lean his head towards ‘A’ishah, and she would comb and wash his hair. Bukhari and Muslim both report this in sahih hadith narrated from ‘A’ishah (May Allah be pleased with her), such as:

“When Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was in i’tikaf, he inclined his head towards me and I combed his hair, and he did not enter the house except to answer the call of nature.”35

“I used to wash the Prophet’s head when I was menstruating.”36

‘Aishah urged women to take good care of their husbands and to recognize the rights that their husbands had over them. She saw these rights as being so great and so important that a woman was barely qualified to wipe the dust from her husband’s feet with her face, as she stated: “O womenfolk, if you knew the rights that your husbands have over you, every one of you would wipe the dust from her husband’s feet with her face.”37

This is a vivid __expression of the importance of the husband’s rights over his wife. ‘A’ishah wanted to bring this to women’s attention, so as to remove from the hearts of arrogant and stubborn women all those harsh, obstinate feelings that all too often destroy a marriage and turn it into a living hell.

Honoring and respecting one’s husband is one of the characteristic attitudes of this ummah. It is one of the good manners known at the time of jahiliyyah that were endorsed by Islam and perpetuated by the Arabs after they embraced Islam. Our Arab heritage is filled with texts that eloquently describe the advice given by mothers to their daughters, to care for, honor and respect their husbands; these texts may be regarded as invaluable social documents.

One of the most famous and most beautiful of these texts was recorded by ‘Abd al-Malik ibn ‘Umayr al-Qurashi, who was one of the outstanding scholars of the second century AH. He quotes the words of advice given by Umamah bint al-Harith, one of the most eloquent and learned women, who was possessed of wisdom and great maturity, to her daughter on the eve of her marriage. These beautiful words deserve to be inscribed in golden ink.

‘Abd al-Malik said: “When ‘Awf ibn Muhallim al-Shaybani, one of the most highly respected leaders of the Arab nobility during the jahiliyyah, married his daughter Umm Iyas to al-Harith ibn ‘Amr al-Kindi, she was made ready to be taken to the groom, then her mother Umamah came in to her, to advise her, and said:

‘O my daughter, if it were deemed unnecessary to give you this advice because of good manners and noble descent, then it would have been unnecessary for you, because you possess these qualities, but it will serve as a reminder to those who are forgetful, and will help those who are wise.

‘O my daughter, if a woman were able to do without a husband by virtue of her father’s wealth and her need for her father, then you of all people would be most able to do without a husband, but women were created for men just as men were created for them.

‘O my daughter, you are about to leave the home in which you grew up, where you first learned to walk, to go to a place you do not know, to a companion with whom you are unfamiliar. By marrying you he has become a master over you, so be like a servant to him, and he will become like a servant to you.

‘Take from me ten qualities, which will be a provision and a reminder for you.

‘The first and second of them are: be content in his company, and listen to and obey him, for contentment brings peace of mind, and listening to and obeying one’s husband pleases Allah.

‘The third and fourth of them are: make sure that you smell good and look good; he should not see anything ugly in you, and he should not smell anything but a pleasant smell from you. Kohl is the best kind of beautification to be found, and water is better than the rarest perfume.

‘The fifth and the sixth of them are: prepare his food on time, and keep quiet when he is asleep, for raging hunger is like a burning flame, and disturbing his sleep will make him angry.

‘The seventh and eighth of them are: take care of his servants (or employees) and children, and take care of his wealth, for taking care of his wealth shows that you appreciate him, and taking care of his children and servants shows good management.

‘The ninth and tenth of them are: never disclose any of his secrets, and never disobey any of his orders, for if you disclose any of his secrets you will never feel safe from his possible betrayal, and if you disobey him, his heart will be filled with hatred towards you.

‘Be careful, O my daughter, of showing joy in front of him when he is upset, and do not show sorrow in front of him when he is happy, because the former shows a lack of judgment, whilst the latter will make him unhappy.

‘Show him as much honor and respect as you can, and agree with him as much as you can, so that he will enjoy your companionship and conversation.

‘Know, O my daughter, that you will not achieve what you would like to until you put his pleasure before your own, and his wishes before yours, in whatever you like and dislike. And may Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) choose what is best for you and protect you.’” 38

She was taken to her husband, and the marriage was a great success; she gave birth to kings who ruled after him.

This advice clearly included everything that one could think of as regards the good manners that a young girl needs to know about in order to treat her husband properly and be a suitable companion for him. The words of this wise mother deserve to be taken as the standard for every young girl who is about to get married.

If she is rich, the true Muslim woman does not let her wealth and financial independence make her blind to the importance of respecting her husband’s rights over her. She still takes care of him and honors him, no matter how rich she is or may become. She knows that she is obliged to show gratitude to Allah for the blessings He has bestowed upon her, so she increases her charitable giving for the sake of Allah. The first person to whom she should give generously is her own husband, if he is poor; in this case she will receive two rewards, one for taking care of a family member, and another for giving charity, as the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) stated in the hadith narrated by Zaynab al-Thaqafiyyah, the wife of ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (radhiallahu anhu):

“The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) told us: ‘O women, give in charity even if it is some of your jewelry.’ She said, ‘I went back to ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud and told him. ‘You are a man of little wealth, and the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) has commanded us to give charity, so go and ask him whether it is permissible for me to give you charity. If it is, I will do so; if it is not, I will give charity to someone else.’ ‘Abdullah said, ‘No, you go and ask.’ So I went, and I found a woman of the Ansar at the Prophet’s door, who also had the question. We felt too shy to go in, out of respect, so Bilal came out and we asked him, ‘Go and tell Allah’s Messenger that there are two women at the door asking you: Is it permissible for them to give sadaqah to their husbands and the orphans in their care? But do not tell him who we are.’ So Bilal went in and conveyed this message to the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), who asked, ‘Who are they?’ Bilal said,
‘One of the women of the Ansar, and Zaynab (radhiallahu anha)’ The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) asked, ‘Which Zaynab is it?’ Bilal said, ‘The wife of ‘Abdullah.’ The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘They will have two rewards, the reward for upholdithe relationship, and the reward for giving charity.’” 39 According to a report given by Bukhari, he said, “Your husband and your child are more deserving of your charity.”40

The true Muslim woman is always careful to give thanks for Allah’s blessings if her life is easy, and she never loses her patience if she encounters difficulty. She never forgets the warning that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) issued to women in general, when he saw that most of the inhabitants of Hell will be women, and so she seeks refuge with Allah from becoming one of them.

Bukhari and Muslim narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas (radhiallahu anhu) that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “O women, give charity, for I have surely seen that you form the majority of the inhabitants of Hell.” They asked, ‘Why is this so, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Because you curse too much, and are ungrateful for good treatment (on the part of your husbands).”41

According to another report given by Bukhari, he said, “because they are ungrateful for good and kind treatment. Even if you treated one of them (these ungrateful women) well for an entire lifetime, then she saw one fault in you, she would say, ‘I have never seen anything good from you!’” 42

According to a report given by Ahmad, a man said, “O Messenger of Allah, are they not our mothers and sisters and wives?” He said, “Of course, but when they are treated generously they are ungrateful, and when they are tested, they do not have patience.”43

When the true Muslim woman thinks about these sahih hadith which describe the fate of most women in the Hereafter, she is always on the alert lest she fall into the sins of ingratitude towards her husband, or frequent cursing, or denying her husband’s good treatment of her, or forgetting to give thanks for times of ease, or failing to be patient at times of difficulty. In any case, she hastens to give charity as the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) urged all women to do, in the hope that it may save them from that awful fate which will befall most of those women who deviate from truth and let trivial matters distract them from remembering Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) and the Last Day, and whose bad qualities will ultimately lead them into the Fire of Hell. The Muslim woman, on the other hand, sets the highest example of respect towards one’s husband and taking note of his good qualities. This is the attitude of loyalty that befits the true Muslim woman who respects
her husband’s rights and does not ignore his virtues.

Muslim women’s history is full of stories which reflect this loyalty and recognition of the good qualities of the husband. One of these stories is that of Asma’ bint ‘Umays, who was one of the greatest women in Islam, and one of the first women to migrate to Madinah. She was married to Ja’far ibn Abi Talib, then to Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, then to ‘Ali, may Allah be pleased with them all. On one occasion, her two sons Muhammad ibn Ja’far and Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr were competing with one another, each of them saying. “I am better than you, and my father is better than your father.” ‘Ali said to her, “Judge between them, O Asma’.” She said, “I have never seen a young man among the Arabs who was better than Ja’far, and I have never seen a mature man who was better than Abu Bakr.” ‘Ali said, “You have not left anything for me. If you had said anything other than what you have said, I would have hated you!” Asma’ said: “These are the best three, and you are one of them even if you
are the least of them.”44

What a clever and eloquent answer this wise woman gave! She gave each of her three husbands the respect he deserved, and pleased ‘Ali, even though he was the least of them, because she included all of them in that group of the best.

She treats his mother and family with kindness and respect

One of the ways in which a wife expresses her respect towards her husband is by honoring and respecting his mother.

The Muslim woman who truly understands the teachings of her religion knows that the person who has the greatest right over a man is his mother, as we have seen in the hadith of ‘A’ishah (radhiallahu anha) quoted above. So she helps him to honor and respect his mother, by also honoring and respecting her. In this way she will do herself and her husband a favor, as she will helping him to do good deeds and fear Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) as commanded by the Qur’an. At the same time, she will endear herself to her husband, who will appreciate her honor and respect towards his family in general, and towards his mother in particular. Nothing could please a decent, righteous and respectful man more than seeing strong ties of love and respect between his wife and his family, and nothing could be more hateful to a decent man than to see those ties destroyed by the forces of evil, hatred and conspiracy. The Muslim family which is guided by faith in Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala)
and follows the pure teachings of Islam is unlikely to fall into the trap of such jahili behavior, which usually flourishes in an environment that is far removed from the true teachings of this religion.

A Muslim wife may find herself being tested by her mother-in-law and other in-laws, if they are not of good character. If such is the case, she is obliged to treat them in the best way possible, which requires a great deal of cleverness, courtesy, diplomacy and repelling evil with that which is better. Thus she will maintain a balance between her relationship with her in-laws and her relationship with her husband, and she will protect herself and her marriage from any adverse effects that may result from the lack of such a balance.

The Muslim woman should never think that she is the only one who is required to be a good and caring companion to her spouse, and that nothing similar is required of her husband or that there is nothing wrong with him mistreating her or failing to fulfill some of the responsibilities of marriage. Islam has regulated the marital relationship by giving each partner both rights and duties. The wife’s duties of honor ing and taking care of her husband are balanced by the rights that she has over him, which are that he should protect her honor and dignity from all kinds of mockery, humiliation, trials or oppression. These rights of the wife comprise the husband’s duties towards her: he is obliged to honor them and fulfill them as completely as possible.

One of the Muslim husband’s duties is to fulfill his role of qawwam (maintainer and protector) properly. This is a role that can only be properly fulfilled by a man who is a successful leader in his home and family, one who possesses likeable masculine qualities. Such a man has a noble and worthy attitude, is tolerant, overlooks minor errors, is in control of his married life, and is generous without being extravagant. He respects his wife’s feelings and makes her feel that she shares the responsibility of running the household affairs, bringing up the children, and working with him to build a sound Muslim family, as Islam wants it to be.

She endears herself to her husband and is keen to please him

The true Muslim woman is always keen to win her husband’s love and to please him. Nothing should spoil his happiness or enjoyment of life. So she speaks kind words to him, and refrains from saying anything hurtful or upsetting. She brings him good news, but she keeps bad news from him as much as she can, or postpones telling it until a more suitable time when it will not upset him so much. If she finds that she has no alternative but to tell him upsetting news, she looks for the most suitable way to convey it, so that the blow will not be so hard on him. This is the wise approach and good conduct of the clever woman, but it is very difficult to attain and only a very few virtuous women ever do so.

One of those who did reach this high level was the great Muslim woman Umm Sulaym bint Milhan, the wife of Abu Talhah al-Ansari. Her son passed away whilst Abu Talhah was traveling, and her attitude was so unique that if Imam Muslim had not reported this story we would have taken it to be a mere myth. Let us hear her son Anas ibn Malik tell the story of his remarkable mother and her unattitude:

“A son of Abu Talhah by Umm Sulaym died. Umm Sulaym told her family, ‘Do not tell Abu Talhah about his son until I tell him about it.’ Abu Talhah came home, so she prepared dinner for him, and he ate and drank. Then she beautified herself in a way that she had never done before, and he had sexual intercourse with her. When she saw that he was satisfied, she said, ‘O Abu Talhah, do you think that if a people lent something to a household, then asked for it back, do they have the right not to return it?’ He said, ‘No.’ She said, ‘Then resign yourself to the death of your son.’ Abu Talhah became angry and said, ‘You let me indulge myself and then you tell me about my son!’ He went to Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and told him what had happened. Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘May Allah bless both of you for this night!’ Umm Sulaym became pregnant. Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) went on a journey, and she
accompanied him. Whenever Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) came back from a journey, he never entered Madinah at night. When they (the traveling-party) approached Madinah, her labour-pains started. Abu Talhah stayed with her, and Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) went on ahead to Madinah. Abu Talhah said, ‘O Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) , You know how I love to go out with Your Messenger when he goes out, and to come back with him when he comes back, and I have been detained, as You see.’ Umm Sulaym said, ‘O Abu Talhah, I do not feel as much pain as I did before, so let us go on.’ When they reached (Madinah), her labour-pains started again, and she gave birth to a boy. My mother said to me, ‘O Anas, nobody should feed him until you take him to Allah’s Messenger in the morning.’ So when morning came, I took the baby to Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), and when I met him he was carrying an iron tool. When he saw me, he
said, ‘I hope that Umm Sulaym has given birth.’ I said, ‘Yes.’ So he put down the tool and I brought the child to him and placed him in his lap. Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) called for some of the dates of Madinah. He chewed it until it became soft, then he put it in the baby’s mouth and the baby began to smack his lips. Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘See how much the Ansar love dates!’ Then he wiped the baby’s face and named him ‘Abdullah.”45

How great was Umm Sulaym’s faith, and how magnificent her patience and virtue! How bravely she hid her pain from her husband and endeared herself to him. She managed to conceal her grief at the loss of her beloved son and spent that time with her husband patiently hoping that by being a good wife to her husband she might earn the pleasure of Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala). This is true, deep and sincere faith.

Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) answered the Prophet’s prayer for Umm Sulaym and her husband, and she became pregnant from that night. When she was heavily pregnant, she saw her husband Abu Talhah preparing to set out on another military campaign with Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). She insisted on partaking of the honor of jihad with him alongside Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), even though she was in the later stages of pregnancy. Her husband took pity on her because of the difficulties of the journey and the heat of the desert, but he still asked the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) for permission to let her come with him, and he gave his permission because he knew her strength of character and love of jihad.

Umm Sulaym was present when the Muslims were triumphant at Makkah, and when they were sorely tested at Hunayn. She stood firm, as solid as a rock, alongside her husband and the small group of believers around the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), even though she was pregnant, at that most difficult time when many others had fled, and she remained there until Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) brought victory to the believers.

The mujahid army returned to Madinah, and her labour began. When the pains became intense, she and her husband stayed behind for a while, but her husband prayed to his Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) in the still of night becasue he loved to go out and return with the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Suddenly the pains ceased; she told her husband and they set out to follow the army that had gone on ahead. They caught up with them, and after they had entered Madinah, Umm Sulaym’s labour pains began anew. She gave birth to a boy, and his brother on his mother’s side, Anas, brought him to the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), who fed him a small amount of dates (tahnik) and named him ‘Abdullah. The prayer of the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) for this baby was fulfilled, as among his descendents were ten great scholars.

No doubt Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) knew the sincerity of Umm Sulaym’s faith, and conveyed the good news of Paradise to her via His Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam):

“I entered Paradise, and heard footsteps. I said, ‘Who is this?’ and they told me, ‘It is al-Ghumaysa’, the daughter of Milhan, the mother of Anas ibn Malik.’” 46

Another example of the ways in which a wife may endear herself to her husband is the way in which ‘A’ishah (radhiallahu anha) spoke to the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when he came back to his wives after he had kept away from them for a month. He had said, “I will not go in to them for a month,” because he was so angry with them. When twenty-nine days had passed, he came to ‘A’ishah first. ‘A’ishah said to him, ‘You swore to stay away from us for a month, and only twenty-nine days have passed; I have been counting them.” The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “This month has twenty-nine days.” That particular month had only twenty-nine days.47

‘A’ishah’s telling the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that she had counted twenty-nine days was a clear indication of her love towards her husband and of how she had waited, day by day, hour by hour, for him to come back to her. It shows how she loved and missed her husband. This approach made her even dearer to him, so when he came back to his wives, he started with her.

The sincere Muslim woman recognizes her husband’s likes and habits, and tries to accommodate them as much as she can, in the interests of mutual understanding and marital harmony, and to protect the marriage from the boredom of routine. This is what every wise and intelligent wife does. It was narrated that the qadi and faqih Shurayh married a woman from Banu Hanzalah. On their wedding night, each of them prayed two rak’ahs and asked Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) to bless them. Then the bride turned to Shurayh and said, “I am a stranger, and I do not not know much about you. Tell me what you like, and I will do it, and tell me what you do not like so I may avoid it.” Shurayh said, “She stayed with me for twenty years, and I never had to tell her off for anything, except on one occasion, and I was in the wrong then.”

This is the respectful and loving wife as Islam wants her to be, responsible for her home and loyal to her husband, and always careful to maintain a good relationship between them. If anything happens to upset their marriage, she hastens to calm the situation with her sincere love and wise understanding. She does not listen to the whispering of the Shaytan which calls her to do wrong, and she never hastens to ask her husband for a divorce. The marriage bond should be too strong to be undone by temporary arguments or occasional misunderstandings. The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) warned those foolish women who ask their husbands for a divorce with no legitimate reason that they would be denied even the scent of Paradise:

“Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce with no good reason will be deprived of even smelling the scent of Paradise.”48

UmmTaymiyyah

Assalamu alaykum Akhi,

In response to your post, The sister who wrote this is Umm Salamah a shaykhah from Yemen, and from what I know she is far from western thinking.
If you look at the proofs she gave, Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam helped his wives in the home, and even served himself and did other work around the house, and Masha'Allah as we know hes the best of mankind, so every man should try and follow his ways in this inshaAllah.
By doing so this can only improve a relationship between a man and his wife, and shows good treatment from the husband.
Not to say that the man should be doing housework every day, but from what we know of the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, he wouldnt expect his wives to do everything for him, he would also do things himself.

UmmTaymiyyah

Assalamu alaykum talibulislam,

Jazak Allahu khairan for that article, Masha'Allah I agree with everything which was said in it.
Definitely us women have to obey our husbands, look good for them, treat them in a good way, keep the house clean and comfortable for them, insha Allah by pleasing our husbands in that which is obedience to Allah, pleases Allah also.
Masha'Allah I have read in a couple of articles, regarding the rights the man and wife have over each other, and it mentioned that both parties should focus on giving the other theyre rights, not constantly making sure your rights are being fulfilled, as on yawmul Qiyaamah(Day of judgement) Allah will ask each one of us if we fulfilled the rights of the people who had rights over us, subhanAllah, I try to keep that in mind.

The advice given from Umm Salamah regarding the man beautifying himself (which I totally agree upon) and helping with housework, is advice aimed at the men, and she is not saying in there that the wife should go nagging at the husband to help her, With many of the brothers out there, they work all day, and when they come home they want food and want to relax, and I myself would not expect my husband to do anything in the house if he was in that situation,my husband works away, and so when he comes home I would not expect him to be helping out at all. But there are some brothers out there who do not work, and maybe their wife is struggling trying to keep the house clean, keep the kids occupied, so isnt it then from the kindness of the husband that he gives a helping hand now and again?
Every families situation is different. And masha'Allah there are some sisters husbands out there who I know of hoovering, cleaning up the dishes occasionally hoping to get reward from Allah, and to give their wife a break.And also who want to follow in the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam in the way he was with his wives.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Jazak Allah khair brother for this important post.......
I think that us men may neglet the women's right and demand our right. May its make characteristics subhanallah...

But there are certain reasons that a man might not fulfil his duty as a good husband nowdays. Men are sometimes afraid of women to excercise their power over them after she realized how kind and helpful he is, so in some cases men intend to ignore certain responsibility to acknowledge that he is the superior of the house despite how many times he cleaned the dishes, specially after their departure from a muslim state to non muslim state. The environment in the west may cause problems....

I personally believe that the man must help out and look good for the wife, and prepare for the experience because when the wife is pregnant, a whole lot of work is waiting for the man..... (I am not married, but there must be) May Allah make us one of those men who comply with the sharia law, and treat their wives in the best possible manner without negleting a single responsibility and follow our role model our beloved Mohammed (PBUH) amiin..

Wassalam Alykom...

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
what women do just sit,beautify,eat & breastfeed,don't see waht women suppose to do,this also seem like western mind looking for islamic intrepretation to get man on same track where western men r,but despite all that lack of understanding about islam even in islamic counteries,women family life last more then anyother civilized part of the world,as far is cleansiness concern thats half of our faith & anymuslim should know that.

It seems that you sit, beautify and breastfeed and eat. This is the truth about how our Prophet (PBUH) lived his life. How can you deny it?

justoneofmillion

white flag

assalam,well cleaninnes is half of the deen but it is also the least one can expect from any human being who has got enough self esteem and dignity as such .As far as the gender issues is concerned well i believe it should be automatic that wife and husband help ,respect and assist each other because if a man doesn`t respect his wife or the other way around who else are they expecting to do that ? it would just mean that they don`t respect themselves in my mind!cleanliness ,assistance and the desire to please the partner(beautify call it as you want) is just part of showing that mutual respect and esteem ,sometimes i laugh so bad when i see all this ping pong between men and women and i say to my self what is your problem folks?sometimes when i hear sisters talking it feels as if i was going to marry all women like am trapped in a sort of organisation that is visualising me from head to toe and conspiring against brothers......:eek: just kidding...lol scary wallahi let me tell you this just bear with me for a second ok! if it wasn`t a must because of my natural tendency and necessity i would marry nobody:biggrin: !!! but now that am condemned to marry....lolthan you should know that am going to marry one woman not all women with a whole luggage full of "how it should be" legislation like "look dude we are in 2007...bla bla.."apart from the Quran and Sunnah which i believe everyone should be striving to match as far as he can than i will just go with the flow! inschallah it will be My woman My own partner in crime and nobody else's one single mu`min individual that will think for herself and not a member of any "feminist "organisation if you get what i mean if i see any interference in our business i give her the money whatever she needs and i leave running.......help! just kidding around jazakillahu khair for the post:SMILY303: i believe that making each other happy and satisfied is vital for ones balance and resourcing in this life.and Allah swt knows best may he fill every muslim home with piety ,love and commitment towards the ummah inschallah:)