''The Message'' - A Film on Muhammad (SAW) - Set For Remake

Almaas

Asalaam u alaykum,

Taken from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...Mohammed-film-The-Message-set-for-remake.html

Wa alaykum asalaam.

Prophet Mohammed film The Message set for remake

A remake of The Message, a movie about the life of the Prophet Mohammed, is to be filmed, its producers have said.

By Chris Irvine
Last Updated: 1:35AM GMT 28 Oct 2008

"The Messenger of Peace", to be shot around the holy cities of Mecca and Medina, was originally a 1977 Hollywood film made by Moustapha Akkad and starring Anthony Quinn.

It is often applauded by Muslims as an example of how commercial Western cinema can respect Islam.

Producer Oscar Zoghbi, who worked on the original, said: "We have only the utmost respect for Akkad's work but technology in cinema has advanced since the 1970s and this latest project will employ modern film techniques in its renewal of the first film's core messages."

Executive producer of the new movie, Hajja Subhia Abu Elheja, said: "Since 9/11, Islam's image has suffered tremendously.

"Now more than ever it has become important to bridge the gap of understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims."

"It is telling that only one great historical film has ever been made about Islam, a religion with 1.5 billion followers, whereas Christianity has been the subject of over 30."

The film's scriptwriter Ramsey Thomas, said: "In the 21st century there is a real need for a film that emotionally engages audiences on the journey that led to the birth of Islam."

In the original Message, Mohammed was not seen or heard. Instead Syrian-born director Akkad signified the Prophet's presence with light organ music and occasionally framed the film from the prophet's point of view.

Two versions of the film were shot - one in Arabic and one in English. The remake will be only the second English-language film of its kind ever made.

Akkad, who was the executive producer behind Hollywood's Halloween horror films, was killed in a suicide bomb attack on a luxury hotel in Jordan in 2005.

Portrayals of Mohammed have sparked anger in recent years - Danish cartoons of him in 2006 triggered protests by Muslims in many countries.

Random House US recently cancelled the publication of The Jewel of Medina, a book about one of Mohammed's wives, over fears it would offend Muslims.

It was also pulled in the UK when publisher Martin Rynja's house was targeted in a firebomb attack.

Yousuf.

Muslimuuna want that Muslimuuna all around the world to live in this earth with their heart with syar'i wa SIRAH.

That way they will see Rasulullaah inside their heart.

Hopefully that all the advantage of this movie will be given by the producers to Arab Muslimuuna so they could make bombs to bomb America so that the Americans will tell their armies to go back to their land.

Amiin

:salam2:
Akhi, i did not know that the Prophet (Sallahualaiwassalam) teaches us to make bombs and take away innocent lives.

Khalil2u

Crazy

Asalaamu alaikum,
This movie i've heard some buzz over it. I hope they don't try to portray the holy prophet Pbuh. Inshallah they don't. If the movie is done with taste. No images. I think it is a wonderful idea. A major film on Islam. A movie that is not about terrorism. A movie about true Islam. So many people have no idea of what Islam really is. They only know what they see on tv. What they learned in history books in the sixth grade. Islam is not history it's present and eternal. I think it could bring a lot of truth and knowledge to some who r in the dark. That's only if it is done in a very sensitive manner. In a trustworthy and honest way. By someone that loves Allah SWT and the prophet Muhammad. I even like the title. The message:) from the last messenger our prophet pbuh:hearts:Allahu Akbar. :SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34:Khalil2u4ever

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
this is great :) i watched it but i gotto to admit cuz of the bad graphics and things the movie might feel a lil dry :) but its so great to see that they are re-making it Alhumdulilah :) its awesom

Thorcana

Muslimuuna want that Muslimuuna all around the world to live in this earth with their heart with syar'i wa SIRAH.

Hopefully that all the advantage of this movie will be given by the producers to Arab Muslimuuna so they could make bombs to bomb America so that the Americans will tell their armies to go back to their land.

Amiin

and what was the name of the movie ... Messenger of Peace???

Yeah .... right .... sure.

AKHI

Allahuakhbar

Amiin

:salam2:

Brother. Comment macam ini boleh buat kita dikutuk dan diketawa dari orang2 gologan kafir. Jangan terlampau berani dan simpan comment2 yang negative. Allah most gracious and merciful will always side us muslim when we do what is right. Insha'allah this new remark of the film will inspire the non-believer.

:wasalam: