The negatives in google searching..

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum
Hope everyones fast is going good and may Allah reward you all..

So..I was on google images searching Islam for some nice pictures..and came across this HORRIBLE picture so I clicked it, now wishing I had not! Let me WARN you if you do not want to feel stressed or have your ramadan ruined do not click this link, it is quite upsetting.. something has to be done..

*removed* :eek:

:SMILY309::confused::(
:girl3::SMILY23::SMILY23:
:angryred::angryred:

^ All of my emotions right now!! ^

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Sister, some brothers are trying to develop an Islamic search engine just to let you know. http://www.imhalal.com/

It's still in the beta process I think. But it looks pretty cool. :)

I am sorry that you had to encounter some anti-Islamic websites. Just remember that we are on the truth and there are always people going to be out there who want to tarnish our beautiful deen.

:wasalam:

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
I'm sorry to say this, but you have put it here and helping it to get more hits. I think if you find something of this sort you better don't propagate it even as a warning as it works as advertisement for that material/site.

Don't you think there are many who think like this person , one should not be bothered abt it. Just Ignore. thats it.

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Yes, that is a negative to Google searching - partially the reason I would never recommend it for those not sure of how to discern the good from the bad. And I especially ask people not to search fiqh issues from there. As much of a joke it is to use "Shaykh Google" as a term, that is oft how people use and refer to it - which is completely ridiculous.

We Muslims have to be very careful where we are getting our sources, and what we take in.

As for the site itself - it was removed since it really is of no benefit to any of us - especially in the month of ramadaan. Although people spread such things with the best of intentions, it truly will come to no good, but rather harm, in the fact that it will aid the popularity of this evil site, and cause its spreading and upholding. The saddest part of it is then having to acknowledge, that the existance and popularity of the site, is not due to non-Muslims, but US - it is due to our desire to spread and warn, that we are often backfired.

Yes there are many bad sites, and we have to learn to recognize them and stay away from them, and not indulge in our curiosity of them (and trust me I understand this by experience) which may then ultimately lead to our loss of Imaan and time. And for those who are new to Islaam, or still confused, these types of sites may completely miguide them.

For those reasons and more, we do not allow such sites on TTI. I'm sure you understand. =)

JazakAllaahu khayran for your good intentions

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.