The Pain when I hear such things...

SweetAmirah

I picked up my room mate, and her "sister" I put this in quotation marks because they aren't blood related.

She is a firm believer in Christianity, and is drunk on alcahol.
She comes into my home, and puts down my religion.
She was more than hurtful in her words.
She tells me she has a really good Muslim friend and they talk all the time.
So I asked her the difference between being born Muslim and converting to it.
Her husband is beating her, and she thinks its Islam.
She sees a lot of people calling themselves Muslim that don't live Islam.
TAKE A LOOK INTO THE TRUE ISLAM, NOT THE PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE ISLAM!!!
BROTHERS AND SISTERS PLEASE BE AN EXAMPLE OF ISLAM
But she would not listen to my reasoning, she wouldn't let me speak.

Whatever happened to each his own?
I won't preach to you and you wont preach to me?
I will be more than glad to answer sincere questions, but do not mock me.
I guess all I can say is astaghfurallah.
I can be sure to expect a lot of this in the coming months and years, but you know what?
It's all worth it Alhamdulilah.

Mairo

Maryama
Dear sister, I know these situations can be very discouraging at times. I have dealt with many similar things myself. But take heart, and remember to always turn back to Allah for encouragement:

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

76. Fala yahzunka qawluhum inna naAAlamu ma yusirroona wama yuAAlinoona
[36.76] Therefore let not their speech grieve you; surely We know what they do in secret and what they do openly.

77. Awa lam yara al-insanu anna khalaqnahu min nutfatin fa-itha huwa khaseemun mubeenun
[36.77] Does not man see that We have created him from the small seed? Then lo! he is an open disputant.

78. Wadaraba lana mathalan wanasiya khalqahu qala man yuhyee alAAithama wahiya rameemun
[36.78] And he strikes out a likeness for Us and forgets his own creation. Says he: Who will give life to the bones when they are rotten?

You are right to seek to evade disputes as much as possible at this point in time, and instead concentrate your attention on growing your knowledge and your deen as much as possible, in order to be better equipped for such situations. May you/we always continue to be steadfast and always turn to Allah for guidance.

God bless