The People Of Innovations Are Worse Than The People Of Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
As'Salâm Alaikum Wa'Rahmatullâhi Wa'Barakâtuh

By: Jamaal bin Fareehaan Al-Haarithee
Source: His book "Lam ad-Durr al-Manthoor" (pg. 47-49)
Produced By: Al-Ibaanah.com​

Chapter 15: The People of Innovations are worse than the People of Sins

[134] Abu Moosaa said: “That I live next to a Jew and a Christian, and monkeys and pigs, is more beloved to me than that if I were to live next to a follower of desires (i.e. deviant), who will spread disease to my heart.” [1]

[135] Yoonus bin ‘Ubaid said to his son: “I forbid you from fornicating, stealing and drinking alcohol. But if you were to meet Allaah having committed these (sins), that would be more beloved (to me) than if you were to meet Him with the views of ‘Amr bin ‘Ubaid or the followers of ‘Amr.” [2]

[136] Abul-Jawzaa said: “If the apes and the swine were to live with me in a house, that would be more beloved to me than if a person from Ahlul-Ahwaa (deviants) were to live with me.“ They have entered into the ayah: ‘And when they meet you they say: We believe. But when they are alone, they bite the tips of their fingers at you in rage. Say: Perish in your rage. Allaah knows what is in the hearts.’ [Surah Aali ‘Imraan: 119] [3]

[137] Al-‘Awwaam bin Hawshab said about his son ‘Eesaa: “By Allaah, if I saw ‘Eesaa gathering with the people of musical instruments, alcohol and falsehood, that would be more beloved to me than if I were to see him sitting with the people of argumentation – the innovators.” [4]

[138] Yahyaa bin ‘Ubaid said: “A man from the Mu’atazilah encountered me (one day), so I got up and said: “Either you pass on or I will pass on, for indeed if I were to walk with a Christian, that would be more loved to me than if I were to walk with you.” [5]

[139] Arta’ Ibn al-Mundir said: “If my son were one of the sinful wicked people, that would be more beloved to me than if he were a Follower of Desires (i.e. a deviant).” [6]

[140] Sa’eed bin Jubair said: “If my son were to keep the company of a sinning scoundrel upon the Sunnah that would be more beloved to me than if he were to accompany a worshipping innovator.” [7]

[141] It was once said to Maalik bin Mughawal: “We saw your son playing with the birds.” So he responded: “How wonderful that it preoccupies him from accompanying an innovator.” [8]

[142] Al-Barbahaaree said: “If you see a person whose manner and opinion is despicable, he is wicked, sinful, and oppressive, yet he is a person of the Sunnah, accompany him and sit with him, since his sin will not harm you. And if you see a man who strives hard and long in worship, is abstemious, being continual in worship, except that he is a person of innovation, do not sit with him, do not listen to his words, and do not walk along with him, since I do not feel safe that you will not eventually come to be pleased with his way and go to destruction along with him.” [9]

[143] Abu Haatim said: “I heard Ahmad bin Sinaan said: “That a Tanboor player were to live next to me is more beloved to me than if an innovator were to live next to me. This is since I can forbid the Tanboor player and I can break the tanboor (a mandolin-like instrument). But as for the innovator, he corrupts the people, the neighbors and the youth.” [10]

[144] Imam ash-Shaafi’ee, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: “If the servant were to meet Allaah having committed every sin except Shirk, that would be better for him than if he were to meet Allaah with some deviant belief.” [11]

[145] Imaam Ahmad, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: “The graves of sinners from People of Sunnah is a garden, while the graves of the pious ascetics from the People of Innovation is a barren pit. The sinners among Ahlus-Sunnah are the Friends of Allaah, while the pious among Ahlul-Bid’ah are the Enemies of Allaah.” [12]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes:

[1] Al-Ibaanah (2/468, no. 469)

[2] Al-Ibaanah (2/466, no. 464)

[3] Al-Ibaanah (2/467, no. 466-467)

[4] Al-Bid’a wan-Nahee ‘anhaa (56)

[5] Al-Bid’a wan-Nahee ‘anhaa (59)

[6] Ash-Sharh wal-Ibaanah of Ibn Battah (132, no. 87)

[7] Ash-Sharh wal-Ibaanah (132, no. 89)

[8] Ash-Sharh wal-Ibaanah (133, no. 90)

[9] Sharh as-Sunnah (124, no. 149) [Translator’s Note: Refer to Explanation of the Creed]

[10] Al-Ibaanah (2/469, no. 473)

[11] The checker of the book Sharh as-Sunnah of al-Barbahaaree mentioned it (124) and attributed it to al-Bayhaqee in Al-‘Itiqaad (158)

[12] Tabaqaat al-Hanaabilah (1/184)

furat

Be careful when you use condemnations. They might backfire.

Nice work on the bid'at post. But here is a note:

You may just have taken some of these shaikhs as partners with Allah.

Aoudhu bi'lláhi min es-shaytán er-rajeem
Bismilláhi r-Rahmán er-Raheem

Did you know many of the things that you do daily are bid'ah?

- congregational taraweeh
- holding khutbah at the beginning
instead of at the end of the prayers
- folding hands in prayer

This is the story as I have heard times before since I was kid: Byzantian captives were brought to Umar (ra), they kneeled before him. He answered: "Sujood is for Allah only." So they stood up and held their hands enfolded together. He asked: "what are you doing?" They said: "This is what we do when we stand in God's presence." Umar was impressed by this and introduced it to Islam. When Ali (as) came to power and people would gather behind him for the prayers, he told them if anybody were going to pray behind him, they would have to do it as he did and as the Prophet SAAWAWS had been doing before or leave the gathering and pray elsewhere.

For this reason both Shia and the Shafeite Sunnis pray with their hands down at the sides of their body. In Islam once something is suspicious and you're not sure about it, you leave it altogether until better information comes to you.

I've been doing yoga for some time and I can tell you with confidence from my own experience that every posture we have in this deen of ours has specific purpose and benefits to it. It is an esoteric understanding that when the Mehdi comes, he shall reveal unto the world and establish the inner reality of Islam. So every posture and movement has a specific purpose and benefit EXCEPT for this thing of holding a hand over the other - not only it gives you nothing, it also brings your concentration from God down to your hands. W Allahu A'lem. As for keeping the hands down, it is for allowing negativity to be absorbed by the earth, and it works great (I believe one of the sign of Qiyamat, as explained by Rasool SAAWAS is that Sunnah would be treated as bid'ah by people and Bid'ah as sunnah).

As for the khutbah - the Umayyads introduced the institution of cursing Ali's name from the pulpits of the mosques, which continued for around 100 years. But people didn't wanna hear it, so they would run away at the end of the prayers. For this reason the Umayyads changed the sunnah to hold the khutbah at the beginning.

As for the proof concering the Taraweeh here's the link: REMOVED

Just food for thought.

Wessaláh wesselam alá rasoulilláh wa álehi ajmaeen.

#######
may Allah save us from Hellfire
########

abumah

taraweeh in congregation is not a bidah IF you read the sound narrations you will discover that this practice was done during the lifetime of the Prophet(sallahau alaihi wa salaam) and then it was left off and then brought back into practice when Umar ibn Al-Khattab was Caliph. He said it was a good bid'ah because he hadn't seen this practiced since the lifetime of the prophet(sallahu alayhis wa salaam). Umar(RA) then said "Now this is good bid'ah" we know that Umar would never approve any innovation. And this explanation of that hadith is explain by the inheritors of the prophethood the scholars of the people of the sunnah.

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

My brother furat you are one of the shia ( is this true?). May Allah increase your knowledge and i hope you are sincere in your answers. I will ask you something and i hope you can answer my question.

- Why do you mention Umar, do you hate him? Do you think he is an
innovator?

May Allah help you and open your eyes, amien.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

ibnAbdullah87

It is from Sunnah to pray in congragation and what is your proof that holding the khutba should be done after and folding the hands is the correct way and the shia are well known for fabricating storys and lying on the Sahabah and espacially Umar and Abu baker (Radiallahu Anhuma). And you should look into the evil history of the shia and the most extreme of them have left the fold of Islam. So I hope you see the faslehood of the she and leave their way inshallah.

ibnAbdullah87

This is a good thread posted by our sister hurul-ein may Allah reward her and my Allah reward us (male muslims) with a few hurul-eins in Jannah. Ame

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

Brother Furat my intention is not to attack you. Why do i have to attack you? I ask Allah subhanahu wat3ala to give us more Knowledge to see the truth. Allah subhanahuwat3ala informed us to talk to others in a good manner, with Hikma and the true knowledge. And i asked you a simple Question which you didn't answer. The question was: " you are one of the shia ( is this true?)" This is because i saw you reffering to different shia sources.

And i never said the khalifs didn't make mistakes. So please talk to me with Hikma,

You said: " It is not a good idea to be accusing others of this and that"

My dear brother If you believe it's not a good idea to accuse others, why are you accusing others.

You are accusing the salafis, while i am insha Allah one of the Salafis. You have told many things about them which are not true, so please.

Please be sincere and be patient.

May Allah reward you.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

ibnAbdullah87

what are you talking about are you telling me following the way of the salaf will lead to the hell fire. You have spoken wrongly about the salafi dawah and out of ignorance. And from making this statement "Well, loving ibn Taymiyyah alone is already as close to Hell you can get. May Allah guide us."
it seems like as if you are making takfeer of him and for what because he is against shirk and distorting the names and attributes of Allah. Or that he calls to following the sunnah upon understanding of the salaf. Can you even bring one quote of his that shows that he was going against the sunnah. What is more correct then following the sunnah and if the scholars do not make clear what groups that are misguided then how would we know whom to talk knowledge from and make clear the correct path. If we keep silent as an ummah about the innovters then they can bring there corrupted believes into islam. Do you hate the scholars of the sunnah because they warn against follow desire and doubts but if you read their book they only bring you proof from the Quran and Sunnah. The Messenger of Allah used to warn against bid'ah at a time when there was none Linguistically bid'ah (innovation) means 'a newly invented matter'. The Sharee'ah definition of bid'ah is: "A newly invented way [beliefs or action] in the religion, in imitation of the Sharee'ah (prescribed Law), by which nearness to Allaah is sought, [but] not being supported by any authentic proof - neither in its foundations, nor in the manner in which it is performed." Al-I'tisaam of ash-Shaatibee (1/37).

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).

And he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also said: "… and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224) from Jaabir bin Abdullaah and it is saheeh as declared by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in Majmoo' ul-Fataawaa (3/58).

The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also warned against the People of Innovation, from befriending, supporting or taking from them saying: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Reported by Bukhaaree (12/41) and Muslim (9/140)

And in his footsteps, we find the Noble Companions and the Taabi'een after them warning from the danger of innovations upon the Ummah, its people and their unity, since it is innovations which have divided the Ummah and split it asunder.

Ibn Abbaas (d. 68H) said: "Indeed the most detestable of things to Allaah are the innovations." Reported by al-Bayhaqee in as-Sunan al-Kubraa (4/316)

Ibn Umar (d. 84H) said: "Every innovation is misguidance, even if the people see it as something good." Reported by Abu Shaamah (no. 39)

so if the Messeger warned and his sahabah then should we stay silent, then who well aid the religion. Not warning is what lead to nations of the past to becaming kufr and all sending a new Messenger and since Muhammad :saw2: is the last and final Messenger then there is a need for warning and Allah has blessed this nation with great scholars clearyfing and warning.

Tell what you have against Muhammad bin Abdulwahab he changed a land from shirk to Tawheed and you compare him to Shaytan does this make sense you are just bring about conspiracey and you need to get some benefical knowledge. You need to stop bring fabricated stories and the salafis do not follow Muhammad bin Abdulwahab the salafi dawah is not about blind following rather it is against it. It is about following the proofs and you do not have proofs for your statement all you are doing is misguiding people from the correct path. And even if the salafis did follow him who did he follow you would say Ibn Taymiyya and his students and who did they follow they followed the the scholars of the sunnah before them which leads to the later of the first three generation and they followed the sahabah and sahabah followed the Messenger of Allah so chain leads back to the messenger of Allah because knowledge is past down. Birth places and graves are not holy places and places of worship and Allahs Messenger cursed Jews and Christanies that took the graves of their Prophets as places of worship. So if you are blaming the salafis from stopping people from committing shirk then, then go had you are just blaming them for follow the guidance of the Messenger :saw2:. Have you ever read a sign book of Muhammad bin AbdulWahab, he only bring Ayat from the Quran and saying of the Prophet and his own word are only about one of two lines long where he is pretty much repeting what the ayah or the Messeger says. It is all Allah says the Messeger says and if you think that is wrong then who has the problem you or him.

The Methodology of the Salaf us-Saalih Explained
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Salafis are distinguished for their adherence to the methodological principles outlined in the Book of Allaah, the Sunnah of His Messenger and the practice of the Companions.

Thus, in the arena of aqeedah (creed) the Salaf us-Saalih follow a particular methodology, which is opposed to that of other than them, such as the Ash'arees, the Mu'tazilah and their likes whose hallmark is to raise the intellect and kalaam (theological rhetoric) over the texts of the Book and the Sunnah and the well-known sayings of the Imaams of this ummah.

Similarly, in the arena of ibaadah (worship), the Salaf us-Saalih adhere to a methodology opposed to that of the intoxicated Soofees and grave worshippers, who invent and innovate into the religion that for which Allaah sent down no authority.

Similarly, in the arena of da'wah (calling to Allaah) and current affairs, the Salafis are distinguished from the innovated and pretentious methodologies of the political activists, who under the guise of following the Salaf and the contemporary Ulamaa, rouse the emotions and sentiments of the common-folk, take them away from the firmly established scholars and merely call to themselves.

Shaikh Saalih al-Fawzaan - may Allaah preserve him - said, The reasons for disunity are many. From amongst the main causes are: Firstly, opposing the manhaj (methodology) of the Salaf, the Companions of Allaah's Messenger and those who follow them. So the Salaf had a manhaj that they adhered to; a manhaj in aqeedah (creed), a manhaj in da'wah (calling to Allaah), a manhaj in enjoining good and forbidding evil, a manhaj in how to judge between people. This manhaj, in all situations, was based upon the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of our Messenger . [Wujoob ut-Tathabbut fil-Akhbaaar p.18]

usman1983

sunnat

it is narrated in a hadith that the ummah will be in 73 sects around the end of time.Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was the chosen one.If he was the chosen one isnt it right to follow his actions and his sayings.The basics tenents of faith are said in the holy Quran.Every muslim during its lifetime should try his/her best to learn and gain more knowledge about islam.Every human being should be aware of whats right & what is wrong.Listening and following others is not always the best solution.

ibnAbdullah87

You blame Ibn Tayyimya and the great scholars of the sunnah after them for warning people against bid'ah but they follow the way of they scholar before them the scholar from the first three generations that the Messenger :saw2: has informed us about their goodness when he said the best if people is my generation then those who follow them then those who follow them and this is the manhaj of the salafis that you seem to attack. Her are some examples of the warning from the Imaam of the great generations

Al-Imam al-Hafiz Abul-Qaasim Habatullaah ibn al-Hasan ibn Mansoor at-Tabaree AL - LAALIKAA'EE (d.418 H) reports in his ' Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahlis-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah ' (1/135-136/no. 252)

"Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn al-Qasim related to us, saying :
Ahmad ibn al-Hasan narrated to us saying :
Sulaymaan ibn al-Asha'ath narrated to us, saying :
Abdullaah ibn Chubby al-Antique narrated to us, saying :
Yaws ibn Asbaat narrated to us, saying :
*I heard Muhammad ibn an-Nadr al-Haarithee say: "Whoever listens to a person of innovation - and knows that he is a person of innovation - then protection is taken away from him, and he is left to himself."

& Imaam Aboo 'Abdullaah ibn Muhammad IBN BATTAH al-'Akbaree al-Hanbalee (d. 387 H) reports it in his 'Ibaanatul-Kubra' (2/460/no.443):

"Abul-Qaasim Hafs ibn 'Umar narrated to us, saying :
Aboo Haatim ar-Raazee narrated to us, saying :
Muhammad ibn 'Ubaadah ibn al-Bakhtaree narrated to us, saying :
'Ubaadah ibn Kulayb Aboo Ghassan al-Laythee narrated to us :
*from Muhammad ibn an-Nadr al-Haarithee, who said: "Whoever listens to a person of innovation and knows that he is a person of innovation - then he is left to himself and leaves the protection of Allaah."

adh-Dhahabee said of him in 'Siyar A'laamin-Nubalaa' (8/175-176) : "Muhammad ibn an-Nadr, Aboo 'Abdur -Rahman, al-Haarithee, al-Koofee: The worshipper of the people of his time in koofah. He reported from al-Awzaa'ee and others. From him (report): Ibn Mahdee, Khaalid ibn Yazeed, Jareer ibn Ziyaad & Aboo Nasr at-Tammar - some sayings. Aboo Usaamah said : "He was one of the greatest worshippers in Koofah."

And 'Abdul-Quddoos ibn Bakr narrated from Muhammad ibn an-Nadr that he said : "The greatest start of Knowledge is to listen and remain silent, then to memorise it, then to act upon it, then to spread it."

Ibn al-Mubaarak said : "When Muhammad ibn an-Nadr used to mention death his joints would tremble."

And from Abul-Ahwas who said : "Muhammad ibn an-Nadr made a promise upon himself that he would not sleep unless his eye became overcome with sleep."

IBN BATTAH also reports in 'al-Ibaantul-Kubra' (2/461/no.444):
"Abul-Qaasim Hafs ibn 'Umar narrated to us, saying :
Aboo Haatim narrated to us, saying :
*ibn Ibraheem an-Neesaabooree narrated to us, saying :
Checker said: * Unclear in manuscript
al-Husayn ibn ar-Rabee' narrated to us, saying :
Yahyaa ibn 'Umar ath-Thaqafee narrated to us, that he heard :
SUFYAAN ATH-THAWREE say ;
"Whoever listens to a person of innovation leaves the protection of Allaah and is left to himself. "

Beware of friendship with the people of the innovated sects, innovated beliefs and people of deviation, beware of sitting with them and beware of listening to them or hearing or reading their words, beware of debating with them and arguing with them - and allowing them to quote their misguided beliefs to you. Imam al-Laalikaa'ee mentions a large number of narration's from the Salaf warning against associating with the people of innovation in his 'Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahlis-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah' - here are some of them (chains of narration omitted):-

(31)...from Ayyoob (as-Sakhtiyaanee) who said: "Indeed from the well-being of a youth or a non-Arab is that Allah should guide them to a scholar from the companions of the Sunnah."

(32) ... from Ibn Shawdhab who said : "indeed from the blessings of Allah upon a youth who seeks to worship Allah is that he is granted as a brother a companion of the Sunnah who encourages him upon it."

(196)... from 'Abdur-Rahman ibn Yazeed who said : I heard 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood say: "Beware of the innovations which the people invent, since the Deen does not pass out of the hearts all at once - rather Shaitaan introduces innovations for him until he expels Eemaan from the heart; and it will soon happen that the people will abandon the obligatory duties which Allaah has made binding upon them - the Prayer, the Fast, the lawful and the prohibited, and speak about their Lord - the Mighty and Majestic. So who ever reaches that time then let him flee." It was said: O Aboo Abdur-Rahman, to where? He said: "Not to anywhere, he should flee with his heart and his Deen and not sit with anyone of the people of innovation."

(199)...From Mujaahid who said: "It was said to Ibn Umar that Najdah says so and so ..., but he stopped himself from hearing it for fear that some of it would fall into his heart."

(240)...From Al-Hasan [i.e. Al-Basaree] who used to say: "Do not sit with the people of innovated beliefs, do not debate with them and do not listen to them."
(242)...(From) Sa'eed ibn 'Aamir who said: I heard Ismaa'eel [i.e. Ibn Khaarijah] narrate, saying: two men from the people of the innovated sects came to Muhammad Ibn Seereen and said: "O Aboo Bakr we want to narrate something to you." He said: "No." They said: "Then may we recite an Aayah from Allaah's book to you?" He said: "No." He said: "Either you two get up and leave or I will get up." So the two men stood up and left. So one of the people said: "What harm would it do to you for him to recite an Aayah?" He said: "I hated that he should recite an Aayah and that they would distort it and then it would enter my heart."

(244)...From Aboo Qulaabah who said: "Do not sit with them and do not mix with them for I do not feel safe that they will not drown you in their misguidance and confuse you about much that you used to know."

(246)...From Ayyoob as-Sakhtiyaanee who said: Aboo Qulaabah said to me "O Ayyoob, memorise four things from me: Do not speak about the Quraan from your opinion, and beware of Qadr, and if the companions of Muhammad are mentioned then withhold, and do not let the people of innovation gain access to your hearing."

(248)...Ma'mar said: Ibn - Taawoos was sitting when one of the Mu'tazilah came and began speaking, so ibn Taawoos entered his fingers into his ears and said to his son: "O My son put your fingers into your ears and press tightly so you do not hear any of his speech." Ma'mar said: Meaning that the heart is weak.

(249)...'Abdur Razzaaq narrated to us saying: Ibraaheem ibn Abee Yahya said to me: "I think that there are many from the Mu'tazilah in your area!?" I said: "Yes and they claim that you are one of them." He said: "Will you enter this shop with me so that I can speak with you?" I said: "No." He said: "Why?!" I said: "Since the heart is weak and the Deen is not for the one who overcomes in debating."

(251)...From Al-Awzaa'ee who said: 'Umar ibn 'Abdul - 'Azeez said: "if you see a people meeting secretly concerning the Deen with anything to the exclusion of the common people - then know that they are upon the foundation of misguidance."

(252)...Yoosaf ibn Asbaat said: I heard Muhammad Ibn An - Nadral - Haarithee say: "Whoever lends ear to an innovator - and knows that he is an innovator then the protection is removed form him and he is left to himself."

(253)...Yoonus ibn ' Ubayd said: "Do not sit with a ruler or an innovator ."

(254)...Amad ibn Yoonus said: A man said to Sufyaan - and I was listening - 'O Aboo' Abdullaah advice me.' He said: "Beware of innovated sects and disputation and beware of rulers."

(259)...Yahyaa ibn Abee Katheer said: "If you see a person of innovation upon a certain road then take a different one."

(260)...Ismaa'eel at - Toosee said: Ibn al - Mubaarak said to me: "let your sitting be with the poor and beware of sitting with a person of innovation."

(261)...al - Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad said: "Whichever man someone comes to asking for advice and he directs him to an innovator then he has acted deceitfully towards Islam, and beware of entering upon a person of innovation since they prevent from the truth."

(262)...al - Fudayl said; "Do not sit with an innovator for I fear that curses will descend upon you."

(263)...al - Fudayl said: "Do not sit with an innovator - Allaah has rendered his deeds futile and taken out the light of Islaam from his heart, and if Allaah loves a servant he grants him good and pure food."

(264)... al - Fudayl said : "Do not trust the innovator concerning your Deen, and do not seek his advice in your affairs, and do not sit with him since whoever sits with an innovator - Allah will cause him to become blind."

(265)...al-Fudayl said: "Allah has angels who seek out the gatherings of dhikr - so look to whose gathering you sit in - let it not be with the person of innovation since Allah will not look to them, and the sign of Hypocrisy is that a man gets up and sits with an innovator."

(266)... al-Fudayl said: "" The souls of pre-arranged armies - so whichever of them knew each other will come together, and those who did not will be separate, " and it is not possible that a person of Sunnah assists an innovator except due to hypocrisy."

(267)... al-Fudayl said: "I reached the best of the people - all of them were people of the Sunnah and they warned against the people of innovation."

(268)... al-Fudayl said: "Glad tidings for one who died upon Islam and the Sunnah - and if that is the case then let one say much : As Allah wills (Maa Shaa Allah)."

(270)... al Hasan said: "From the person of innovation Allah does not accept Prayer, nor Fasting, nor Hajj, nor 'Umra, nor Jihaad, nor repentance, nor charity."

(271)... al Hasan said: "Allah does not accept anything from a person of innovation."

(272)... al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad said: "No action of the person of innovation is raised up to Allah."

(273)... Ibraaheem ibn Maysarah said: "He who honours an innovator has assisted in the demolition of Islaam."

(274)... 'Abdullaah ibn 'Umar as-Sarkhusee - the scholar of al-Khazar - said: I ate a single meal with an innovator and Ibn al-Mubaarak heard of it so he said : "I will not speak to him for thirty days."

(275)... al-Fudayl said: Ibn al-Mubaarak said: "I have not seen any wealth which I despise more than that of a person of innovation and he said: 'O Allah do not let any innovator give me anything so that my heart should love him."

(276)... from Ibraaheem [i.e. an-Nakha'ee] who said: "There is no backbiting regarding an innovator."

(278)... from al-Hasan al-Basaree, who said: "There are three who have no inviolability with regard to backbiting: one of them is the person of innovation who calls to his innovation."

(281)... from Katheer, Aboo Sahl who said: "It is said that there is no inviolability for the people of innovated sects."

(284)... from 'Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak said: "The person of innovation has darkness in his face even if he anoints it thirty times a day."

(286)... Sallaam ibn Abee Mutee' said: a man said to Ayyoob: 'O Abu Bakr, 'Amr ibn 'Ubayd has turned back from his opinion !!' He said: "He has not turned back." He said: 'Indeed, O Aboo Bakr, he has turned back." Ayyoob said: "He has not turned back - (three times) - he has not turned back. Have you not heard his (sallallaahu `alaihi wasallam) saying:"They shoot out from the Deen just as the arrow shoots through the prey, then they do not return to it until the arrow returns to the bow - string"."

(290)... Ayyoob used to call all the people of the innovated sects 'Khawaarij' and say : "The Khawaarij have different names but are all united upon use of the sword."

(291)... Sallaam said: A person of the innovated sects said to Ayyoob : "I want ask you about a word." He turned away and said: " No, nor even a half a word." - Twice indicating with his finger.

(293)... Malik ibn Anas said: " Is to be the case that every time someone comes who can argue better than another that we are to abandon what Jibreel brought to Muhammad (sallallaahu `alaihi wasallam) because of his argument?!"

Abul Harith

Staff member
Aslaam alaikom

I have closed this thread. The truth is clear. Innovation in the deen is a reprehensible action which has a severe punishment for anyone who is a willful innovator.

May Allah always keep us upon the Sunnah.

Thank you sister Hurul-ein for your original article. :ma:

wasalam alaikom

mu2min

Status
Not open for further replies.