The period between Christianity and Islam

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters of TTI
I hope you are in the best of health and faith :)

I have not contributed to the forurm for quite some time now because of the heavy burden school has put on me. Managing all my homework and the hectic events my life can throw at me has been difficult. However, I hope for that to change because I really do miss the community here. Anyway...

There was something I was wondering about. The people of Jesus (pbuh) clearly misunderstood his teachings when some called him God and others tried to crucify him. Lets assume his teachings of monotheism, charity and worship where purely intact untill 325 where the Council of Nicea created the doctrine of the trinity.

What happens to those between the time of 325 and Prophet Muhammed? Is there any chance for them? Will Allah (SWT) rule for them just on their works? Sorry if these questions sound moot, its just something that has bothered me lately.

kayleigh

Christianity wasn't monolithic - there were sects even at the time of Muhammad that did not believe Jesus was the son of God, just as the early Christians believed.

When it comes to the people who were under the control of the Catholic Church they were almost all illiterate and weren't exposed to any idea outside of the Catholic Church's teachings. So, are you asking, are they going to be punished for believing what the Catholic Church had to say? I don't really know but you can't be punished for not believing in something that you had never heard of or had no way of knowing about.

dunno

i asked this question to my Islam teacher

if someone didn't receive any message regarding any true religion like if a small village didn't have any messengers sent to them before the prophet or like 400 years ago when islam wasn't everywhere on TV

he told me that those people are simply under God's mercy either he will torture them or put them to heaven

katieanneb

Assalemu alaikom,
I've heard that if a people has never received revelation because they are isolated from any society, then Allah will test them on the day of judgement, and if they accept Islam they willl enter paradise and if they refuse Islam they will enter hell, wallaho alem. So there wil be ultimate justice then. Those who followed the original message of Jesus are Muslims as all the prophets came with the same message of tawhid (unity of Allah), and those messages were altered by humans, as is the case with christianity of today.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Assalemu alaikom,
I've heard that if a people has never received revelation because they are isolated from any society, then Allah will test them on the day of judgement, and if they accept Islam they willl enter paradise and if they refuse Islam they will enter hell, wallaho alem. So there wil be ultimate justice then. Those who followed the original message of Jesus are Muslims as all the prophets came with the same message of tawhid (unity of Allah), and those messages were altered by humans, as is the case with christianity of today.

:salam2:

Thanks, that makes sense to me.

Talat

Assalam Alaykum / Greetings !
" No Prophet shall come during the period between me and Jesus. And Jesus shall descend. Recognize him when you see him. He is a man of medium height and of a ruddy, fair complexion. He will be dressed in two pieces of a yellow garment. The hair on his head will appear as if water is trickling out of it, although his hair would not be wet. He will fight for the cause of Islam… And Jesus will kill Dajjal (the Antichrist). He will live on this Earth for a period of forty years, and at the end of this period he will pass away. The Muslims will offer the funeral prayers of Jesus" . .......(Islam. Hadith, Abu Dawud)

I am confuse now! I have heard and ead many hadeeth that Imam mahdi will kill dajjal and Isa(pbup) will pray with him(Imam Mahdi).