• If you didn't live in 1979 and heard of this

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • If you didn't live in 1979 and didn't hear of this

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phoyage

Salam Alykiom,
I know I haven't posted in a while but I just ran across some very interesting and troubling new that I just had to share.
My friend bought this book by Yaroslav Trofimov called "The Siege of Mecca: The Forgotten Uprising in Islams Holiest Shrine". The book isn't to bad, but in the end it starts getting biased.
Since I'm from the younger generation (15 soon) I've never heard of this but I'm not sure if it is just me or if someone's trying to cover it up.
So I wanna take a survey/poll.
Of if you heard about this and its consequences.
Anyway EID MUBARAK soooooooooooooooooon

q8penpals

Salam

I HEARD of it, but I don't know any details. I think I heard about it in my class in high school called "Recent Historical Problems", but at the time, it wasn't something that I would have paid much attention to!

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
i wonder what are u talking about ??

do u mean juhaiman problem ?? it was on 1400 AH

I dont know the date on ur calendar

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum
cud someone who knows about this shed some light on it in a bit detail? cuz i never heard about it

----------
ok nvm i found some info on it and to tell u the truth im literally shocked ! ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_Seizure

quick view
In November 1979 the Grand Mosque in Mecca was seized by a well-organized group of 1,300 to 1,500 men under the leadership of Juhayman al-Otaibi. A former corporal in the Saudi White Guards (National Guard), he declared Mohammad Abdullah al Querishi to be the Mahdi, the redeemer of Islam. [1].

After the two week long siege of the Mosque by Saudi special forces, foreign paramilitary troops from France and Pakistan were brought in to end the fight.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
After the two week long siege of the Mosque by Saudi special forces, foreign paramilitary troops from France and Pakistan were brought in to end the fight.

Just wondering, how did France's military entered the Haraam? I thought non-Muslim will not be able to enter here?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

Just wondering, how did France's military entered the Haraam? I thought non-Muslim will not be able to enter here?

its kinda sad eh like they had to make exception if u read the article there were aroudn 1500-1600 ppl that took over so it wasn't a small thing

but like i thought saudi had a good military too i g uess not