The story of the sheik and a baker

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

This story I heard from a sheik so here it goes:

Ibn jawzi, raa, wrote in his text called Managib Al-Imam Ahmed.

about a incident that happened during the sheik Imam Ahmed ibn hanbal, raa.

During those times a sheik would be well known among many villages through out the muslim lands. They wouldn't know what he looked like, or be able to identify him unless they were told or he mentioned his name.

Sheik narrating states: Not like today with internet and media we tend to see noteable sheiks.

So Sheik Ahmed goes to a village and prays in the masjid salatul Isha. After the prayer he gets comfortable lays out his sleep gear and lays his head down to sleep in the masjid.

An officer securing the area comes in and tells him he must leave. Ahmed ibn Hanbal said I am an old man and just finished a travel. Officer said go get out of the masjid it is not allowed for anyone to sleep here.

So sheik Ahmed, went out and sat outside on the doorstep. The officer came out and said, oh brother, get up. Ahmed replied I am outside now not in the masjid. Officer said it is prohibited even on the door step; Get up! The officer was a tempermental impatient person so he grabbed sheik Ahmed by his feet and dragged him to the middle of the street.

Sheik Ahmed; a scholar; people kiss him on the head and highly respect him, dragged by his feet to the middle of the street. He remained silent.

In front of the masjid was this store front of a baker who witnessed the event. So the baker called, a sheik (because of his age not that he knew he was a sheik) come and slept over here in the store in a nice corner. The sheik went laid out his sleeping blanket and laid down. He noticed the baker working and while doing so he kept on repeating in random order: subhan-Allah bi hamda, subahanna Allah alatheem, wa istagfirAllah repeatedly back and forth non stop; making the dough, putting it in the oven, and so on and so forth. His tongue didn't stop from the tasbeeh and tahleel.

Normally a person does this for a short time or a while and then stops but this baker did it non-stop. So the sheik asked him how long have you been this way? He said what way, the sheik said non stop thikr. The baker said I have been this way and working in this manner for many years. The sheik asked him don't you get tired of it. Usually a person does something for a short while and then stops. The baker said no I became used to it, no I don't get tired of it.

The sheik narrating this story goes on and discusses for instance the limousine drive r in the beginning gets tired after a few hours but after a year of being steady he can drive 12 hours without getting tired. He gets used to it. Another like a teacher starts to teach, a class or two and gets tired, but after a while he gets used to it and he can teach 6 classes and not get tired.

So sheik Ahmed ibn Hanbal, asks: you with your tasbeeh, tahleel, and thikr don't get tired, he said no. It is my regular habit, and I don't get tired.

Sheik Ahmed moves on and asks: What benefit/barakah do you get from the abundant thikr that you do?

sheik narrating says Allah kareem and if Allah liked you for something you do he gives barakah in everything. The hassana is noor in the face, complacency in the heart, and vastness in risk; righteousness and well behaved in offspring; and being well liked in the hearts of Man. The bad deeds causes an oppressed face, a darkness in the heart, sickness in the stomach, disobedienced offspring, and a hate in the hearts of men.

So back; sheik Ahmed asks: What benefit/barakah do you get from the abundant thikr that you do?

The baker replies: I have never experienced a time I asked Allah for anything except for Him to give it to me. The sheik said MashAllah, you have received every request from Allah? he said yes; He said Wallah, I have never experienced a time when I asked for Allah and not receive it, with the exception for 1 request I am still waiting for.

Sheik Ahmed, what is it that you have not received.

The baker said: That I see the noble sheik Ahmed ibn Hanbal.

So sheik Ahmed said: Here is Allah; he dragged Ahmed ibn Hanbal by his feet to your Bakery. Your constant thikr caused me the humilty of being dragged to your bakery. They rejoiced.

esperanza

revert of many years
:salam2:

This story I heard from a sheik so here it goes:

Ibn jawzi, raa, wrote in his text called Managib Al-Imam Ahmed.

about a incident that happened during the sheik Imam Ahmed ibn hanbal, raa.

During those times a sheik would be well known among many villages through out the muslim lands. They wouldn't know what he looked like, or be able to identify him unless they were told or he mentioned his name.

Sheik narrating states: Not like today with internet and media we tend to see noteable sheiks.

So Sheik Ahmed goes to a village and prays in the masjid salatul Isha. After the prayer he gets comfortable lays out his sleep gear and lays his head down to sleep in the masjid.

An officer securing the area comes in and tells him he must leave. Ahmed ibn Hanbal said I am an old man and just finished a travel. Officer said go get out of the masjid it is not allowed for anyone to sleep here.

So sheik Ahmed, went out and sat outside on the doorstep. The officer came out and said, oh brother, get up. Ahmed replied I am outside now not in the masjid. Officer said it is prohibited even on the door step; Get up! The officer was a tempermental impatient person so he grabbed sheik Ahmed by his feet and dragged him to the middle of the street.

Sheik Ahmed; a scholar; people kiss him on the head and highly respect him, dragged by his feet to the middle of the street. He remained silent.

In front of the masjid was this store front of a baker who witnessed the event. So the baker called, a sheik (because of his age not that he knew he was a sheik) come and slept over here in the store in a nice corner. The sheik went laid out his sleeping blanket and laid down. He noticed the baker working and while doing so he kept on repeating in random order: subhan-Allah bi hamda, subahanna Allah alatheem, wa istagfirAllah repeatedly back and forth non stop; making the dough, putting it in the oven, and so on and so forth. His tongue didn't stop from the tasbeeh and tahleel.

Normally a person does this for a short time or a while and then stops but this baker did it non-stop. So the sheik asked him how long have you been this way? He said what way, the sheik said non stop thikr. The baker said I have been this way and working in this manner for many years. The sheik asked him don't you get tired of it. Usually a person does something for a short while and then stops. The baker said no I became used to it, no I don't get tired of it.

The sheik narrating this story goes on and discusses for instance the limousine drive r in the beginning gets tired after a few hours but after a year of being steady he can drive 12 hours without getting tired. He gets used to it. Another like a teacher starts to teach, a class or two and gets tired, but after a while he gets used to it and he can teach 6 classes and not get tired.

So sheik Ahmed ibn Hanbal, asks: you with your tasbeeh, tahleel, and thikr don't get tired, he said no. It is my regular habit, and I don't get tired.

Sheik Ahmed moves on and asks: What benefit/barakah do you get from the abundant thikr that you do?

sheik narrating says Allah kareem and if Allah liked you for something you do he gives barakah in everything. The hassana is noor in the face, complacency in the heart, and vastness in risk; righteousness and well behaved in offspring; and being well liked in the hearts of Man. The bad deeds causes an oppressed face, a darkness in the heart, sickness in the stomach, disobedienced offspring, and a hate in the hearts of men.

So back; sheik Ahmed asks: What benefit/barakah do you get from the abundant thikr that you do?

The baker replies: I have never experienced a time I asked Allah for anything except for Him to give it to me. The sheik said MashAllah, you have received every request from Allah? he said yes; He said Wallah, I have never experienced a time when I asked for Allah and not receive it, with the exception for 1 request I am still waiting for.

Sheik Ahmed, what is it that you have not received.

The baker said: That I see the noble sheik Ahmed ibn Hanbal.

So sheik Ahmed said: Here is Allah; he dragged Ahmed ibn Hanbal by his feet to your Bakery. Your constant thikr caused me the humilty of being dragged to your bakery. They rejoiced.

what a lovelly story ..shukran brother