The Unanswerable Question

Umair.

One method which I've seen used very often to tell people of other faiths about Islam is through the "there is no picture without a painter" approach, demonstrating how everything around us must have required a creator and that's where Islam sheds more light on with the Qur'an. This then led me back to the question about Allah (swt)'s creation. I hope Allah forgives me if asking this question alone is a major sin for me but I have been curious about how the "picture without a painter" approach doesn't apply in this context.

Through all the research I've done I have found out that he is the first and the last, there was nothing before him and nothing after him he is the one and only creator of everything. And that Allah tells us not to question of that which we have no knowledge. But I as a person need some sort of explanation or I'm afraid I might be lead to the wrong track that is why I thought I should ask here.

What are your thoughts/ suggestions regarding this topic?

Umair.

Haha did you just look through scanning for a "?" question mark?
I guess I was too scared to ask it because it might be gunaah, but the main point I was trying to get to was that if everything needs a creator, how is Allah (swt)'s existence not requiring of this and he just came and exists and will exist forever. How is it that he just came to be?

tariq353

One method which I've seen used very often to tell people of other faiths about Islam is through the "there is no picture without a painter" approach, demonstrating how everything around us must have required a creator and that's where Islam sheds more light on with the Qur'an. This then led me back to the question about Allah (swt)'s creation. I hope Allah forgives me if asking this question alone is a major sin for me but I have been curious about how the "picture without a painter" approach doesn't apply in this context.

Through all the research I've done I have found out that he is the first and the last, there was nothing before him and nothing after him he is the one and only creator of everything. And that Allah tells us not to question of that which we have no knowledge. But I as a person need some sort of explanation or I'm afraid I might be lead to the wrong track that is why I thought I should ask here.

Brother ur situation and answer to it is given in following hadiths....

Sahih Muslim Bk 1, Number 0242:
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Men will continue to question one another till this is propounded: Allah created all things but who created Allah? He who found himself confronted with such a situation should say: I affirm my faith in Allah.

Sahi Bukhari 4.496:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so−and−so? 'till he says, 'Who has created your Lord?' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such thoughts."

I guess I was too scared to ask it because it might be gunaah
Sahi Muslim Bk 1, Number 0239:
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that some people from amongst the Companions of the Apostle (may peace be upon him) came to him and said: Verily we perceive in our minds that which every one of us considers it too grave to express. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Do you really perceive it? They said: Yes. Upon this he remarked: That is the faith manifest.

but the main point I was trying to get to was that everything needs a creator

No brother every thing does not require creator.......Correct statement is
"Every created thing requires creator"....... and Allah by definition is uncreated (Surah ikhlas)

For eg.....suppose Mr X delivered a child.......Is it a boy or a girl??? can u guess???

Exactly.......How can a man gv birth to a child...so the question whether the child is a boy or girl is void ab initio!!

Similarly Allah by definition is uncreated...so the question who created is void ab initio!

Hope this helped u.....

Umair.

Jazak'Allah Khair brother, I was looking for an enlightening response like that which clears my mind up so I can stop thinking about this topic.

And the narrations you quoted make complete sense. I will pray to Allah swt for your well-being.

Much appreciated

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
aLLAH HAS NEVER BEEN CREATED AND hE NEVER HAS GENERATED,this is the answer,what would you know more than what you already know?
He created each thing on the Universe,among this mess there is you too!:shake:
we only must thank Him to having created us all,because one day we will return to Him:we all belong to Him,because we are part of His creation.if you try to answer how ca be possible that Allah never has been created and how can He has come and exist and so on...you're trying to find what it's impossible for any human mind,because Allah not only has always existed,He commands the Time,the lives and the Death.so what can you do in front of this strenght?you can only say Subhanallah,how big is Allah's power.
You can't also imagine how big He is:nobody can do it:eek:n the contrary way,he's committing the sin of shirk.So give peace to your heart and content for the beautiness you have in your hands.you can see,can walk,can hear,can think...you can do anything you wish thank to Allah.pray Allah to give you health and to increase your faith.in the Hereafter maybe you'll enjoy the eternal Light of Paradise:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Haha did you just look through scanning for a "?" question mark?
I guess I was too scared to ask it because it might be gunaah, but the main point I was trying to get to was that if everything needs a creator, how is Allah (swt)'s existence not requiring of this and he just came and exists and will exist forever. How is it that he just came to be?

I almost feel like changing the thread title to 'An Answered Question'.

You see akhi, I think the post above explains pretty well, what you already know. And to get a clarification for a doubt is not a 'gunah'/sin, but do realize that this is a waswasa from Shaytaan, getting you to feel uneasy and have doubts.

Let me ask you, why would Allaah need a creator? And if Allaah had a creator, then why would we worship a creation ('authobillaah!).

Just as if I came to you and said, I made this stone statue, worship it. You would say no, that's irrational. Why? Because it was created by me, a being and would make no sense to give it your worship. Similarly if Allaah were created, then that would make Him a creation, so it would be illogical from the onset.

We're human akh, the concept of infinity is difficult for our minds to comprehend because we're just short-lived, falliable beings. Just take faith in what Allaah has revealed, and realize as much as you try, there are and will be some things you cant wrap your mind around.

Fatwa on this topic: Who Created Allaah? << Do read it!

And also a good lecture to hear in general and this question is #2:

[yt]ww9ORhhrGyA&feature=player_embedded#at=1879 [/yt]

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam ~

MashaAllah great answers from samiha, tariq and hayat. May Allah grant you all Jannat-Al-Firdaus for helping a Muslim brother by clarifying such evil doubts from shaytan ~ It happens to us all!

Alhamdulillah for this website ~!

Umair.

Thank you to all above for the great responses. I have closure on this now but I will still look at the links you provided and ponder on what you said.

But originally I think being aquainted with non-believers and atheists at my University etc. and their views/discussion on the topic of 'God' might have hurt my deen. That along with looking for answers on google, which lead me to non-islamic sites trying to put down our religion however Insha'Allah I will pray for Allah to guide me, and strengthen my Imaan again AND keep shait'an away from me

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Thank you to all above for the great responses. I have closure on this now but I will still look at the links you provided and ponder on what you said.

But originally I think being aquainted with non-believers and atheists at my University etc. and their views/discussion on the topic of 'God' might have hurt my deen. That along with looking for answers on google, which lead me to non-islamic sites trying to put down our religion however Insha'Allah I will pray for Allah to guide me, and strengthen my Imaan again AND keep shait'an away from me

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Yea this is the main reason hanging with kaffirs is wrong. The influence will overtake your own freedom and mind.

I'll pray for you akhi inshaAllah, may Allah forgive us and guide the whole ummah, ameen!
Don't lose hope brother stay strong

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother.imagine youself at the seashore,look at the horizon:the Earth won't finish over the horizon,and so mustn't your Imaan be hurt from ignorance and weakness:tti_sister:

Umair.

Very true^^ I will think about that next time at the beach :p

Taken on board though, I know what you're trying to say sister thank you.

tariq353

Brother whenever 2 person/friend meets either of them influences other….if any one is saying contrary, he is lying. So if u think u can influence/create doubts in the minds of nonbelievers/atheists (with ur knowledge) very well carry on with them else its better not to n save ur imaan….. And my personal advice don’t argue with atheists unless u r more smarter then them cz they believe in things as per their own convenience ...most important thing "THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN JUSTICE".

@Umair & Salam2u ---->Aameen for ur dua

nadir91

I was wondering about the existence of an external presence which leads everything toward somewhere,but I never found any answer.How can I belive that I'v been creatd by someone Who hasn't been created?I read books about hinduist philosophy and it is said that it exist not a real God,but there is One who gives shape to many ones...there's a confusion in my head.I'm searching for the truth,but I've none who has patience with me,because they say I pose too many questions:SMILY153:I'm a boring person maybe.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Well Br's Umair and Nadir,May Allah (SWT) save you for your families but both of you need to wait till you reach graveyard,when every question about Creator would be solved instantaneously.

But for now,just consider yourself as a representative of present generation of your lineage. Try now to trace back to past generations of your family, stretch generation after generation in past to date back and trace your earliest ancestors. You will never find an answer to this question,when did your your very first ancestors emerged?. This is because there is no start point that logically will stop you. What I mean is that tracing back to your earliest ancestors is just an endless voyage.

Now what you can imagine is suddenly earliest of your ancestors appeared spontaneously. This can be only possible in two ways. Either through evolution your earliest ancestors evolved from Apes somewhere on earth or a pair of man and woman was created by our Creator and your earliest ancestry dates back to this pair of man and woman.

Now if you think that your ancestors evolved from apes somewhere on earth,you need to believe in eternity of material. If you believe that your ancestry dates back to first pair of man and woman created by our Creator,you need to believe in eternity of your Creator.

And at last the beauty of signs from within yourself and universe around won't make you to believe in eternity of material but that of Creator. Hope you understand that material isn't intelligent itself to evolve into a marvel of creation " Living beings ".

Ponder over this question. It is an intricate puzzle. Trust your Lord without getting twisted in the question who is He,except believing that whatever you know about Him is through Quran.

Regards.

Umair.

Salam.

I understand what you're saying, thanks for the response.

And Tariq bhai I know I am a lot smarter than them which is why I continue, it's mostly between friends anyway and to be honest I've found out that when someone's mind is set on something... you can give them the biggest of proofs and they will dismiss it with some twisted logic.

The only reason it's hurt my deen is due to my environment, where everyone is non-religious and in the "partying", "living your life to the fullest" crowd, so they don't want to get away from that lifestyle.

The reason it's difficult is because as you can imagine if you're one person who believes in one thing, and thousands other are expressing total disbelief against your belief. Although it's not representational of the whole human population...your mind can be made to sometimes think "what if" questions and have doubts.

But insha'Allah thanks to all your help and du'a to Allah swt I can strengthen my faith again completely and more!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I was wondering about the existence of an external presence which leads everything toward somewhere,but I never found any answer.How can I belive that I'v been creatd by someone Who hasn't been created?I read books about hinduist philosophy and it is said that it exist not a real God,but there is One who gives shape to many ones...there's a confusion in my head.I'm searching for the truth,but I've none who has patience with me,because they say I pose too many questions:SMILY153:I'm a boring person maybe.

Wa`alaykumAssalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

I appreciate your searching for the truth and it might take some time and alot of questions but your most welcomed.
[yt]v6TL1gPt9M4[/yt]​

Brother Sachin is familiar with Hinduism Philosophy so you can ask him.

Also you can read this http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4281&postcount=1

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashaAllah I believe all the doubts regarding the matter are crystal clear now, after the excellent effort of my brothers and sisters. So I do not see there is anything I should say here except, Jazakumullahu Khairan all the brothers and sisters who contributed to this thread. :)

By the way, the Lecture of Dr. Abu Ameenah Billal Phillips was given in my city and I attended it. Truly it answers ALL the questions which we might have, towards our Rabb, as mentioned in the thread. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Mazhara

52.35.gif

Were they created from other than of matter?

52.35a.gif

Or were they themselves the creators of their selves? [52:35]

Allah, the Exalted is The Other Than Matter. The Unitary Creator.