Thomas Jefferson, US President's Racist Opinions on Black People

Abu Juwairiya

Thomas Jefferson, an early American President and one of the country's greatest founding fathers, icons and celebrated leaders of all time wrote,

"Black people are dull in imagination, inferior in reasoning to whites, and that the male orangutans even prefer black women over their own."

Thomas Jefferson also "feared the liberation of slaves, who have 'ten thousand recollections' of the crimes to which they were subjected."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/society/20150321/1019805702.html#ixzz3V8FHd7Ad

Abu Juwairiya

"Americans complain bitterly that other countries have human rights issues, or at least make internal decisions that the American rhetoric disapproves of. But theory and reality are altogether different things.

For example, when Thomas Jefferson wrote into the preamble of the “Declaration of Independence” that “all men are created equal” he was speaking theoretically, not realistically and nor did he, a slave owner, even believe that all men, let alone all human beings, really were equals.

To Jefferson and most, if not all, of the American Founding Fathers, equality was for the elite, not the general population. Nations could and must be equal –the United States and United Kingdom were to be brethren nations should America win or be granted by Parliament its independence (the latter, not the former being the case historically). But people being equal –regardless of gender, race, wealth, or national origin—his was unheard of, especially in the minds of the 18th century elite." (Source: 'American Poverty, Why America's Treatment of the Poor Undermines its Authority as a World Power by Laurel Rockefeller, Page 3, 2014)

Abu Juwairiya

'African Americans are taught in schools that [Thomas] Jefferson was a great man, ignoring the fact that he owned 330 slaves and raped his female slaves.'

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
'African Americans are taught in schools that [Thomas] Jefferson was a great man, ignoring the fact that he owned 330 slaves and raped his female slaves.'

Well brother, people have no choice. That is part of this country's history. What can African Americans possibly do?unfortunately that's how the majority of the white people though back then. I think they should try to move on and make a new history!

Abu Juwairiya

Well brother, people have no choice. That is part of this country's history. What can African Americans possibly do?unfortunately that's how the majority of the white people though back then. I think they should try to move on and make a new history!

Jazakallah khayrun Sister for your post. The same can be and is said of the Washington and while Lincoln owned no slaves, he is known to have once defended a slaveowner to keep slaves. My point is to show the hypocrisy of the US to first its own minorities then to the rest of the world of its own righteousness while ignoring the fallacies, contradictions and inconsistencies of its own early or present leaders, policies and consequences of actions through policy.

Fareed490

Jazakallah khayrun Sister for your post. The same can be and is said of the Washington and while Lincoln owned no slaves, he is known to have once defended a slaveowner to keep slaves. My point is to show the hypocrisy of the US to first its own minorities then to the rest of the world of its own righteousness while ignoring the fallacies, contradictions and inconsistencies of its own early or present leaders, policies and consequences of actions through policy.
Nothing has changed. I live in Michigan U.S., and I get the most horrid, arrogant looks on a regular basis. It wasn't that wy in Chicago, where I grew up. I am so sad for those losers, because unless Allah grants them Mercy and Light, there won't be any. Only torment in the grave, and the ever-lasting flames of Hell's Fire.