Three days to see!

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

This is not any islaamic article, but it should be a source of Reflection for us to think. How often are we grateful? How often do we praise Allah for all the bounties He has given us? Or do we neglect it as if is nothing?

An Excerpt from "Three days to see" by Helen Keller

divider_124.gif

I have often thought it would be a blessing if each human being were stricken blind and deaf for a few days at some time during his early adult life. Darkness would make him more appreciative of sight; silence would teach him the joys of sound.

Now and then I have tested my seeing friends to discover what they see. Recently I was visited by a very good friend who had just returned from a long walk in the woods, and I asked her what she had observed. 'Nothing in particular,' she replied. I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such responses, for long ago I became convinced that the seeing see little.

How was it possible, I asked myself, to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing worthy of note? I who cannot see find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I feel the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver birch, or the rough, shaggy bark of a pine. In spring I touch the branches of trees hopefully in search of a bud, the first sign of awakening Nature after her winter's sleep. I feel the delightful, velvety texture of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle of Nature is revealed to me. Occasionally, if I am very fortunate, I place my hand gently on a small tree and feel the happy quiver of a bird in full song. I am delighted to have the cool waters of a brook rush through my open fingers. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. To me the pageant of seasons is a thrilling and unending drama, the action of which streams through my finger tips.
At times my heart cries out with longing to see all these things. If I can get so much pleasure from mere touch, how much more beauty must be revealed by sight. Yet, those who have eyes apparently see little. The panorama of color and action which fills the world is taken for granted. It is human, perhaps, to appreciate little that which have and to long for that which we have not, but it is a great pity that in the world of light the gift of sight is used only as a mere convenience rather than as a means of adding fullness to life.

aniyrose2.gif
So sometimes - STOP in the rust of life, just to smell the roses. Dont be so busy that you neglect these bounties granted upon you and take them as just that as they can be taken away at any time.

وَاللّهُ أَخْرَجَكُم مِّن بُطُونِ أُمَّهَاتِكُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ شَيْئًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْسَّمْعَ وَالأَبْصَارَ وَالأَفْئِدَةَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
"And Allah has brought you out from the wombs of your mothers while you know nothing. And He gave you hearing, sight, and hearts that you might give thanks (to Allah)." [16:78]

wasalam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Alhamdu-lillah !

:salam2:

Very true, sub'haan-Allah what a great reminder. JazakiAllah sister, for sharing it with us.

Marwa17

it's really sad...but true...how many times do we go somewhere and someone asks what happened and we say nothing?
ya...
jazakallahu khairan!
we don't appreicate what allah has given us enough
and we can never thank him.
health is such a priceless thing
allah give us, and the muslims around the world health and safety...
ameen