To Singaporean Brothers & Sisters Muslim converts

assyuara

Assalamualaikum to my dear brothers & sisters.

I am a Muslim since born. Alhamdulillah..My grandmother is actually a chinese but is given to a malay family since she was born. Alhamdulillah..n here I am a Muslim trying to strive towards a better Muslim day by day insha Allah. =)

I would like to ask my singaporean brothers & sisters to share their story of how they convert to Islam, the true deen :)

The reason is simply because I hardly hear any stories of singaporeans embracing Islam. But I'm sure there are =D
I would love to hear your stories so don't hesitate any further..hehe.

sis Aisyah,
wassalam. :blackhijab:

booya

When I visited Singapore I went to the Muslim Converts Association, popularly known as Darul Arqam in Malay Village. I think most muslims in Spore knows this place.

assyuara

yup. thanks booya. i know that place..hmm.
but i would like to hear stories of fellow sporeans to share their way, i mean what makes their hearts fell for Islam. =)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I'm not really a Sporean Muslim, but I do have a nephew who was born in Malaysia. Theere are many ways that peopel became Muslim from China and Eastern Asia brother. If an Eastern Asian brother/sister is born a Muslim, they might have a heritage of ancestors who were Muslim.

When a Jamaat from my masjid went to China (they also went to palces in Mongolia), they asked the Chinese/East Asian Muslims (since there were a lot of them), how they became Muslim. They told them that during the times of their ancestors and great grandfathers, they saw a small group of people who came on horse-back. People with long beards and Turbans. Those were the Muslims of the Western part of Asia (Arabian Peninsula) and they came and taught them about Islam.

Other ways are when Muslim traders and merchants traveled to Eastern parts of Asia such as India and China, and then they spread Islam by that way (by inviting people toward Islam, Dawah).

That's basically why there are so many Muslims in Asia such as Russia, Chechen, China, Mongolia, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Philipines, and Indonesia.

LoL I hope everbody loved the history lesson :wink:

Assalamu Alykum. May Allah make us to be the best Mumin that we can be. Ameen.

assyuara

Thanks to bro abdul hasib for sharing. :)
yes, Islam is spread via trading and travelling to convey the message and knowledge of Islam in the past. but nowadays, just by looking at the incidents that took place in the world can be the sparking light to urge them to know more abt Islam. Alhamdulillah, Islam is spread at a remarkable rate! :ma:
wassalam.
Sis Aisyah. :blackhijab: