To the Women-How do you know about slavery and be a muslim?

ShyHijabi

Apparently your sources are flawed, since some have researched the references and they do not exist.

But in the meanwhile, many have misinterpreted the meaning of a wife not refusing her husband for intercourse. That does not mean she does not have that right, rather it means she cannot use the refusal of sex as a manipulation. Some women, and I have met them, will use sex as a means to manipulate thier husbands by either refusing him (say until he buys them something they want) or as a means of passive agressive revenge. (ie you didn't shovel the walk so I am not having sex with you)

Sex is a sadaqa (blessing) between a married couple and should never be used as a tool of manipulation. If a wife is sick, tired, or emotional wrought from a ling day then of course she can refuse her husband and he should undertand, Allah swt will definitely understand. So the hadith about refusing sex and angels cursing her until morning specifically addresses women who do it as a manipulation tool.

The wording of the hadiths you've used indicates is person who does not know Arabic and also is not familar with true fiqh. I would say it was purposely twisted by a nonMuslim with an agenda to paint Islam in a negative light. (I see this quite often on Christian sites) Some print outright lies and false information so be careful what you think you are reading as truth.

zbhotto

Banned
gO TO ISLAMQA.COM

A MAN CANNOT AVOID IF HIS WIFE WANTS HIM. GO TO ISLAMQA.COM AND SEARCH THE QUESTION CAN I AVOID SEX FOR MY STUDY WITH MY WIFE.

NOT NOT ALL SCHOLAR AGREE WITH WHAT ISLAMQA TELLS ABOUT. YOU SHOULD ALSO LISTEN TO THE FATWAS OF OTHER SCHOLAR. YOU MUST ALSO LOOK AT THEIR EVIDENCES. YOU CAN ASK TO ISLAMONLINE.NET

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
First of all,this website will help you in general about woman issues.
http://www.islamswomen.com/

Secondly,you have to know that woman has a right toward her husband as well as the husband has a right toward his wife, so if a man forced his wife to have fun,it's undoubtedly not a life!! and if he did,it will be considered as a harm toward his beloved partner.!

And as you know" Not harming one’s wife" one of his rights, This is one of the basic principles of Islam. Because harming others is haraam in the case of strangers, it is even more so in the case of harming one’s wife.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled, “There should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah,, 2340)

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Imaam Ahmad, al-Haakim, Ibn al-Salaah and others. See Khalaasat al-Badr al-Muneer, 2/438.

Among the things to which the Lawgiver drew attention in this matter is the prohibition of hitting or beating in a severe manner.

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)
I mean, Kind treatment. The husband must have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her, and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

2- he should follow this ayah
“and live with them honourably” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19]

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable” [al-Baqarah 2:228]

From the Sunnah:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Be kind to women.’”(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3153; Muslim, 1468).

1. It was narrated from Zaynab bint Abi Salamah that Umm Salamah said: “I got my menses when I was lying with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) under a single woollen sheet. I slipped away and put on the clothes I usually wore for menstruation. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me, ‘Have you got your menses?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ Then he called me and made me lie with him under the same sheet.”

She said: And she told me that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to kiss her when he was fasting, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and I used to do ghusl to cleanse ourselves from janaabah from one vessel.(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 316; Muslim, 296)

2. It was narrated that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said: “ ‘Aa’ishah said: ‘By Allaah, I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) standing at the door of my apartment when the Abyssinians were playing with their spears in the Mosque of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He covered me with his cloak so that I could watch their games, then he stood there for my sake until I was the one who had had enough. So you should appreciate the fact that young girls like to have fun.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 443; Muslim, 892)

3. It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah the Mother of the Believers (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray sitting down; he would recite Qur’aan when he was sitting down, then when there were thirty or forty aayahs left, he would stand up and recite them standing up. Then he did rukoo’, then sujood; then he would do likewise in the second rak’ah. When he had finished his prayer, he would look, and if I was awake he would talk with me, and if I was asleep he would lie down.

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1068)

I hope you watch this video,if you mind.
The best among Muslims (couples life)
http://www.youtubeislam.com/video/49...s-couples-life

Thirdly,intercourse is the right of the wife and is a duty on the husband. Ibn Qudaamah al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Intercourse is a duty on the man – i.e., the husband should have intercourse with his wife – so long as he has no excuse. This is also the opinion of Maalik.” (al-Mughni, 7/30)

Imaam al-Bukhaari reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘O ‘Abd-Allah, have I not heard that you fast all day and stand all night in prayer?’ I said, ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allaah.’ He said: ‘Do not do that. Fast and break your fast, stand in prayer and sleep. For your body has rights over you, your eyes have rights over you, and your wife has rights over you.’” In the commentary on this hadeeth, it says: “The husband should not exhaust himself in worship to the extent that he becomes too weak to fulfil her rights by having intercourse with her and by earning a living.” (Fath al-Bari)

It is also the wife’s right that her husband should spend his nights with her. Ibn Qudaamah al-Hanbali said: “If he has a wife, he should spend one night in four with her, so long as he has no excuse.” (Al-Mughni, 7/28; Kashf al-Qinaa’, 3/144).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “It is obligatory for the husband to have intercourse with his wife as much as is needed to satisfy her, so long as this does not exhaust him physically or keep him away from earning a living… If they dispute over this matter, the judge should prescribe more in the way of intercourse just as he may prescribe more in the way of spending.” (Al-Ikhtiyaaraat al-Fiqhiyyah min Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, p. 246)

2-When a husband deprives his wife of the right to intercourse, the scholars call this eelaa’. Eelaa’ means the vow of the husband who is able to have intercourse never to have intercourse with his wife, or not to have intercourse with her for more than four months. The evidence for that is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who take an oath not to have sexual relation with their wives must wait for four months, then if they return (change their idea in this period), verily, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful[al-Baqarah 2:226]

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say concerning eelaa’: “If the period of eelaa’ expires, then the husband has either to retain his wife in a handsome manner or to divorce her as Allaah has ordered” (al-Bukhaari, al-Talaaq, 4881)

Eelaa’ is forbidden in Islam because it is a vow not to do something that is obligatory.

thesearcher

Bukhari works in volumes and books,

here is one from sahih muslim that i gave earlier
I will translate it to the best of my abilities

حدثنا أحمد بن عبدالله بن يونس. حدثنا زهير. أخبرنا أبو الزبير عن جابر ؛ أن رجلا أتى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال: إن لي جارية هي خادمنا وسانيتنا. وأنا أطوف عليها وأنا أكره أن تحمل. فقال:
"اعزل عنها إن شئت. فإنه سيأتيها ما قدر لها" فلبث الرجل. ثم أتاه فقال: إن الجارية قد حبلت. فقال:"قد أخبرتك أنه سيأتيها ما قدر لها".

Ahmed ibn Abdullah ibn yunus narrated to us from zahrah who said abu al zabir who said that jabir said that: a man came to the prophet peace be upon him and said: I have a slave woman, she is our servant and the one who carries our water, and i make tawaf on her(sleep with her), and i hate for her get pregnant, so the prophet said:"do azl if you want, because it will come to her what is qadar(what allah has destined for her), so the man left and later came back and said: the slave girl has become pregnant, so the prophet said: I told you what was qadar(what allah destined) will come to her

if anyone here knows arabic like you can check if you want.
The book of nikah, hadith 1439

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Mercy for Slaves

The Noble Prophet (saw) was particularly kind to slaves. He used to say, "They are your brothers; give them to eat what you eat, and give them to wear what you wear." Whenever he received any slaves, he always gave them freedom but they could never free themselves from his kindness and generosity. They left their parents, relatives and families and regarded it as an honor to live in bondage to him.

Zaid Ibn Haritha (ra) was a slave. Muhammad (saw) freed him and gave him the choice to go with his father, who had come, to take him, but he refused to go with his father and preferred to stay with the Prophet. Muhammad (saw) loved Usama, son of Zaid, so much that he used to say that if he had been a girl, he would have adorned him with ornaments.

Slaves felt humiliated at being called slaves. He advised his companions not to say "my slave" or "my slave-girl" but to say, "my son" or "my daughter." He also told the slaves not to call their masters "lord" for Allah alone was the Lord. He was so kind to slaves that his last admonition before he died was, "Fear Allah in regard to your slaves." Abu Dharr (ra) was one of the converts and Muhammad (saw) praised him for his honesty. Once he abused a non-Arab slave, who complained to the Noble Prophet (saw) about this.

He reprimanded Abu Dharr (ra) and said, "You still have some traces of Days of Ignorance; these slaves are your brothers. Allah has given you authority over them; if they are not suited to your temperament, sell them. Don't harm Allah's creatures. Give them to eat what you eat; and to wear what you wear. Don't give them that much work which they cannot do. If you assign a piece of work to them which is beyond their capacity, then give them a helping hand to finish their work."

Once Abu Masud Ansari (ra) was beating his slave when he heard a voice behind him say, "Abu Masud! Allah has more power and control over you than you have over this slave." Abu Masud (ra) turned and saw that it was Allah's Messenger (saw). He said, "O Allah's Messenger! I free this slave for the pleasure of Allah." Prophet Muhammad (saw) replied, "If you had not done so, the fire of Hell would have touched you."

People in those days arranged the marriages of slaves but forcibly separated them whenever they wished. One man arranged the marriage of his slave to his slave-girl and then waited to separate them. The slave complained to Allah's Messenger (saw), who stood up in the Mosque and addressed the people, "Why do people marry slaves and then separate them? The right of marriage and divorce belongs only to the husband and wife."

The effect of this kindness was that many slaves of polytheists used to run away and come to him. He used to grant them freedom. When the spoils of war were distributed, slaves were given their due share. The newly freed slaves received their shares first for they did not have any property.

Once a man came to Prophet Muhammad (saw) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! How many times should I forgive the mistakes of slaves?" The Noble Prophet (saw) kept quiet. The man repeated his question three times, and the Prophet replied at the third time, "Forgive them seventy times every day." A man had two slaves but was not happy with them. He used to beat and abuse them but they did not change their ways. He complained to the Prophet (saw) and asked for his advice. Prophet Muhammad (saw) said that if his punishment was in proportion to their wrongs, well and good; otherwise Allah would punish him for his excesses.

On hearing this, the man was upset and began crying. Prophet Muhammad (saw) recited the verse from the Qur'an, "We shall set up scales of justice on the Day of Judgment." (1:47), and observed that the man did not read the Qur'an. After this he said, "O Allah's Messenger, it is better that I release them from my possession. Be witness that they are now free."

thesearcher

yes i understand, but a woman has to respond to her husband all the time, without question unless there is a valid reason, and the evidence is the hadith that sais that a woman has to respond to her husband even if she is at the stove.

now for the other hadith of abu said al khudri
go to this website
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/008.smt.html

then go down to hadith number 3377

like now im trying to show people the wording im giving is correct, and im trying to get reliable sources

thesearcher

yes i agree that men have to have sex with their wives if there is no reason not to, although the command is stronger to women, and assume we know why, nevertheless,

also i think about what if we try to eliminate slavery, and i think, of surat at-tahrim, and the story is that it hafsa came to her house after being away and saw the prophet intimate with his slave girl mariya al-qubtiyya, and she became very angry and the prophet told her that she is now unlawfull for me, and to not tell other people about it, and she said that "how can you forbid her for ur self when she is ur slave girl?" and then hafsa told aisha and then allah sent down the beginning of surat al tahrim telling the prophet that he is forbidding himself what allah has allowed for him for the pleasure of his wives, and allah was mad at hafsa and aisha and asked them for repentance

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/008.smt.html

then go down to hadith number 3377

like now im trying to show people the wording im giving is correct, and im trying to get reliable sources

Well for your info USC stands for University of Southern California and does that even sound or look like a muslim website? No. If you are trying to show us the correct sources then you won't get it from a non-muslim website.if you go to google, yahoo, youtube etc and you type "Islam" you will find that 95% of the sites that they show you are owned by non-muslims. And it is difficult for a non-muslim to recognize it when he/she don't know anthing about Islam. (like you) You are trying to teach us Islam by getting every single source from one who is like you. Ask yourself this, If Islam tought violence do you think it would have been world's fastest growing religion. So just think, who should you learn Islam from?

thesearcher

first off i can't make any fatwa and im not going on anyones fatwa for these verses of surat al tahrim(which if you want i can give you the tafsir) and you start thinking, how can we forbid something for ourselves that allah has made permissible for us, we can't do that, because allah commands us to enjoin in what is lawfull and forbid what is evil, the lawfull is what allah has made lawfull, and the evil is what allah has forbidden, that is a basic principle in islam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
ok guys please don't get mad, its just there is a major doubt and im being serious and not trying to be a hypocrite, and im just searching for the truth
with that said, i can see why to take slaves at that time, but we have to be honest, the women didn't have a choice, i don't like when people lie to make the religion look better, Im sorry if you guys just don't know but here's the proof

Ibn Hazm (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Both slave women and free women are enjoined not to refuse the master or husband if he calls them for intercourse, so long as the woman who is called is not menstruating or sick and likely to be harmed by intercourse, or observing an obligatory fast. If she refuses with no excuse then she is cursed. End quote from al-Muhalla (10/40).
:salam2:

two things brother:

ONE:

This statement is from a "scholar" and NOT from ANY Hadith books! JUST BECAUSE A "SCHOLAR" SAYS SOMETHING, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS ALRIGHT!

TWO:

Do NOT trust IslamQA, because they qoute from a man known as Ibn Qutayba, who said that HE personally had no doubt that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla had a face, eyes, a mouth, and hands (and they ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to have MERCY ON HIM?)

Scroll down through the qoute till you see the red, and just read that part atleast.

The IslamQA Crew said:
Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Bukhaari (6227) and Muslim (2841) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah created Adam in His image, and he was sixty cubits tall. When he created him he said, ‘Go and greet that group of angels who are sitting and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendents.’ So he said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you),’ and they said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alayka wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah.’ So they added (the words) ‘wa rahmat-Allaah.’ Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam, but mankind continued to grow shorter until now.”

Muslim (2612) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of fights his brother, let him avoid the face, for Allaah created Adam in His image.”

Ibn Abi ‘Aasim narrated in al-Sunnah (517) that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not say ‘May Allaah deform your face’ [a form of cursing in Arabic], for the son of Adam was created in the image of the Most Merciful.” Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Ghunaymaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: “This hadeeth is saheeh and was classed as such by the imams and by Imam Ahmad and Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh. Those who classed it as da’eef have no evidence, except for the view of Ibn Khuzaymah, but those who classed it as saheeh are more knowledgeable than him.

Ibn Abi ‘Aasim also narrated (516) that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When any one of you fights let him avoid the face, for Allaah created Adam in the image of His Face.” Shaykh al-Albaani said: its isnaad is saheeh.

These two hadeeth indicate that the pronoun in the phrase “in His image” refers to Allaah, may He be glorified.

Al-Tirmidhi (3234) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “My Lord came to me in the most beautiful image and said, ‘O Muhammad.’ I said, ‘Here I am at Your service, my Lord.’ He said, ‘What are the chiefs (angels) on high disputing about…’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

According to the lengthy hadeeth about intercession, it says, “… then the Compeller (al-Jabbaar) will come to then in an image different than the image in which they saw Him the first time…” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7440; Muslim, 182.

From these ahaadeeth we learn that it is proven that Allaah has an image (soorah in Arabic), in a manner that befits Him, may He be glorified and exalted. His image is one of His attributes which cannot be likened to the attributes of created beings, just as His essence cannot be likened to their essence.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “The word soorah (image) in this hadeeth is like all the other names and attributes narrated (in the texts) where the words used may also be applied to created beings, in a limited manner. When these words are applied to Allaah, they carry a unique meaning, such as al-‘Aleem (All Knowing), al-Qadeer (All-Powerful), al-Raheem (Most Merciful), al-Samee’ (All Hearing), al-Baseer (All-Seeing), and such as His creating with His hands, rising above the Throne, etc.” Naqd al-Ta’sees, 3/396

Everything that exists must inevitably have a form or image. Shaykh al-Islam said: “Just as everything that exists must have attributes that, so too everything that exists by itself must have a form or image. It is impossible for something that exists by itself not to have a form or image.”

And he said: “There was no dispute among the salaf of the first three generations that the pronoun in the hadeeth refers to Allaah, and it is narrated through many isnaads from many of the Sahaabah. The contexts of the ahaadeeth all indicate that… but when al-Jahamiyyah became widespread in the third century AH, a group began to say that the pronoun refers to something other than Allaah, and this was transmitted from a group of scholars who are known to have knowledge and to follow the Sunnah in most of their affairs, such as Abu Thawr, Ibn Khuzaymah, Abu’l-Shaykh al-Asfahaani and others. Hence they were denounced by the imams of Islam and other Sunni scholars.”

Naqd al-Ta’sees, 3/202

Ibn Qutaybah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “That Allaah should have an image is no stranger than His having two hands, fingers or eyes. Rather those are readily accepted because they are mentioned in the Qur’aan, but this idea (image or form) is regarded as strange because it is not mentioned in the Qur’aan. But we believe in them all, but we do not discuss how any of them are.”

Ta’weel Mukhtalif al-Hadeeth, p. 221

Shaykh al-Ghunaymaan said: “Thus it is clear that the form or image is like all the other divine attributes. Any attribute which Allaah has affirmed in the Revelation, we must affirm it and believe in it.”

Sharh Kitaab al-Tawheed min Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 2/41

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: There is a hadeeth narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in which he forbids saying “May Allaah deform your face”, and says that Allaah created Adam in His image. What is the correct belief with regard to this hadeeth?

He replied:

This hadeeth is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he said: “If any one of you strikes (another), let him avoid the face, for Allaah created Adam in His image.” According to another version: “In the image of the Most Merciful.” This does not imply resemblance or likeness.

What is meant, according to the scholars, is that Allaah created Adam with the ability to hear and see, and to speak when he wants. These are also attributes of Allaah, for He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He has a Face, may He be glorified and exalted.

But it does not mean that there is any resemblance or likeness. Rather the image of Allaah is different from that of created beings. What is meant is that He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He created Adam also able to hear and see, with a face and hands and feet. But man’s hearing is not like Allaah’s hearing, his seeing is not like Allaah’s seeing, his speaking is not like Allaah’s speaking. Rather Allaah has attributes that befit His majesty and might, and man has attributes that befit him, attributes that are finite and imperfect, whereas the attributes of Allaah are perfect, with no shortcomings, infinite and without end. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

“And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him”

[al-Ikhlaas 112:4]

So it is not permissible to strike the face or say “May Allaah deform your face”.

End quote. Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh, 4/226

Another thing that will help to explain the meaning of this hadeeth is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The first group to enter Paradise will be in the image of the moon” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3245; Muslim, 2834.” What the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant here is that the first group will be in human form, but because of their purity, beauty and brightness of face they will look like the moon, so they are likened to the moon, but without resembling it. So just because a thing is said to be in the image of a thing it does not mean that it is like it in all aspects.

The Prophet’s words, “Adam was created in His image” means that Allaah created Adam in His image, for He has a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot, and Adam had a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot… but that does not mean that these things are exactly the same. There is some similarity, but it is not exactly the same. Similarly the first group to enter Paradise are likened to the moon, but they are not exactly the same. This confirms the view of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah, who say that none of the attributes of Allaah can be likened to the attributes of created beings, without distorting or misinterpreting, or discussing how or likening Him to His creation.

See Sharh al-‘Aqeedah al-Waasitah by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/107, 293.

For more information, see: Sharh Kitaab al-Tawheed min Saheeh al-Bukhaari by Shaykh al-Ghunaymaan, 2/33-98, in which he quotes at length from Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him), refuting the misinterpretation of this hadeeth by ahl al-kalaam and those who agreed with them.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

And SO brother:

1.) NO it is NOT a Fardh for a slave girl to be forced by her master, the "Scholar" over here is just saying what HE thinks must be done.

2.) Rasulallah (SAW) would NEVER teach that stuff. If you want to have a good argument that Rasulallah (SAW) allowed evil things, then try to find the authentic Hadith from Bukhari, Muslim, or from Sahih al Jamee/Hadith Books by al Albani (Raheemahullah).

I personally feel that I'm not a good enough Muslim to talk about Rasulallah (SAW) and Islam, but when it DOES come to something important like this, I CAN'T leave without answering the misconception.

Wa Salam

thesearcher

Well for your info USC stands for University of Southern California and does that even sound or look like a muslim website? No. If you are trying to show us the correct sources then you won't get it from a non-muslim website.if you go to google, yahoo, youtube etc and you type "Islam" you will find that 95% of the sites that they show you are owned by non-muslims. And it is difficult for a non-muslim to recognize it when he/she don't know anthing about Islam. (like you) You are trying to teach us Islam by getting every single source from one who is like you. Ask yourself this, If Islam tought violence do you think it would have been world's fastest growing religion. So just think, who should you learn Islam from?
okay i don't want to start too many discussions with going into jihad, but what do you accept as a reliable site for hadith

here is another site with the same hadith

REMOVED

zbhotto

Banned
Not completely

first off i can't make any fatwa and im not going on anyones fatwa for these verses of surat al tahrim(which if you want i can give you the tafsir) and you start thinking, how can we forbid something for ourselves that allah has made permissible for us, we can't do that, because allah commands us to enjoin in what is lawfull and forbid what is evil, the lawfull is what allah has made lawfull, and the evil is what allah has forbidden, that is a basic principle in islam.

You are not correct. Allah also discourages a lot of things which is neither allowed nor forbidden compeltely.

thesearcher

:salam2:

two things brother:

ONE:

This statement is from a "scholar" and NOT from ANY Hadith books! JUST BECAUSE A "SCHOLAR" SAYS SOMETHING, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS ALRIGHT!

TWO:

Do NOT trust IslamQA, because they qoute from a man known as Ibn Qutayba, who said that HE personally had no doubt that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla had a face, eyes, a mouth, and hands (and they ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to have MERCY ON HIM?)

Scroll down through the qoute till you see the red, and just read that part atleast.

And SO brother:

1.) NO it is NOT a Fardh for a slave girl to be forced by her master, the "Scholar" over here is just saying what HE thinks must be done.

2.) Rasulallah (SAW) would NEVER teach that stuff. If you want to have a good argument that Rasulallah (SAW) allowed evil things, then try to find the authentic Hadith from Bukhari, Muslim, or from Sahih al Jamee/Hadith Books by al Albani (Raheemahullah).

I personally feel that I'm not a good enough Muslim to talk about Rasulallah (SAW) and Islam, but when it DOES come to something important like this, I CAN'T leave without answering the misconception.

Wa Salam
Abu Hasib, that is another major topic, groups like the shia and the Mu'tazila have deviated, you have to take the quran literally, the mu'tazila did this and that is another story, and imam ahmad ibn hanbal was tortured and almost killed by these people because he debated them in this subject

thesearcher

I don't know how, but i'm being convinced about this subject, but i truly have to explain that no, a woman's consent is not needed with her husband or her master

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Are you claiming that there is no authentic hadith that has the word master to refer to a human being and those hadiths that i have quoted are not from sahih al bukhari?

anyways this is where i am getting the ahadith from

www.searchtruth.com

and then i go to hadith search and i type in words and the hadith collection i want to use,

so i searched slave, master, concubine, bla bla bla and looked through every single one of them and i learned a lot, then i found out if they are sahih or not, then i looked at their tafseer and thats how i did it, now there are other books like musnad ahmad ibn hanbal and al-tirmidhi and al-nasa'i which i have not had a hold of, i have read some of the arabic, but its very difficult to search through it like this search engine. And now i'm trying to just read all the arabic and maybe find something else

other info i got about slaves were from here:
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=1808&CATE=134
and also
islamqa.com
islamqa is now down so you have to wait for some time

Hi there,
No wonder where you getting all this nonsense from...
The first website is anti-islamic website that has been spreading lies about Islam for long time and unfortunatelly been very popular in the net..
The second website you mentioned is favouring Sufism and full of lies and innovations ..

Islamqa is a good source and I hope u can find your answer there and I hope you can read and think again what my brothers and sisters already told you..
Be really carefull where you taking your information from ...
You have to check the source of the hadith and the most reliable sources is Sahih Bukhari and Muslim ..
Don't let anti-Islamic propganda deceive you ,please always check the source of information.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
yes i agree that men have to have sex with their wives if there is no reason not to, although the command is stronger to women, and assume we know why, nevertheless,

also i think about what if we try to eliminate slavery, and i think, of surat at-tahrim, and the story is that it hafsa came to her house after being away and saw the prophet intimate with his slave girl mariya al-qubtiyya, and she became very angry and the prophet told her that she is now unlawfull for me, and to not tell other people about it, and she said that "how can you forbid her for ur self when she is ur slave girl?" and then hafsa told aisha and then allah sent down the beginning of surat al tahrim telling the prophet that he is forbidding himself what allah has allowed for him for the pleasure of his wives, and allah was mad at hafsa and aisha and asked them for repentance

Compare:

Al-Bukhari recorded that `Ubayd bin `Umayr said that he heard `A'ishah claiming that Allah's Messenger used to stay for a period in the house of Zaynab bint Jahsh and drink honey in her house. (She said) "Hafsah and I decided that when the Prophet entered upon either of us, we would say, `I smell Maghafir on you. Have you eaten Maghafir' When he entered upon one of us, she said that to him. He replied (to her),

(No, but I drank honey in the house of Zaynab bint Jahsh, and I will never drink it again.)'' Then the following was revealed;

يأَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ لِمَ تُحَرِّمُ مَآ أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكَ

O Prophet! Why do you fobid that which Allah has allowed to you) up to,

I will not drink it anymore, I have taken an oath to that. Therefore, do not inform anybody about it.) Al-Bukhari also recorded this Hadith in the Book of Divorce; then he said, "Al-Maghafir is a type of sap, and in Ar-Rimth (a type of citrus) its taste is sweet...'' Al-Jawhari said, "The `Urfut is a tree of the shrub variety, which secretes Maghfur.'' Muslim collected this Hadith from `A'ishah in the Book of Divorce in his Sahih, and his wording is the same as Al-Bukhari in the Book of Vows. In the Book of Divorce, Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah said, "Allah's Messenger liked sweets and honey. After performing the `Asr prayer, he used to visit his wives, going close to them. So he went to Hafsah, daughter of `Umar, and stayed with her more than his usual stay. I (`A'ishah) became jealous and asked about that. It was said to me, `A woman of her family sent her a small vessel of honey as a gift, and she gave a drink to Allah's Messenger made from it.' I said, `By Allah, we will contrive a plot against him.' I said to Sawdah bint Zam`ah, `When the Messenger visits you and draws close to you, say to him, `Have you eaten Maghafir' And when he says to you, `No', then ask him, `What is this odor' He will say to you, `Hafsah has given me a drink of honey.' Then you should say to him, `The honeybees might have eaten from Urfut, and I will also say the same to him. Safiyyah, you should also say this.' Sawdah later said, `It was under compulsion that I had decided to state that which you told me; soon, by Allah, he was standing at my door.' So when Allah's Messenger came near her, she said, `O Messenger of Allah! Did you eat Maghafir' He said, `No.' She again said, `Then what is this odor' He said,

so do you see how it has been changed, even the name was changed. I guess now this gives you a proof as to what we are talking about when we say do no take sources from non-muslims, who manipulated everything in order to misguide people who are searching for the truth.

for more of it visit:http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=66&tid=54348

zbhotto

Banned
The true reason

I think we have talk enough about this topic. These people are blind people and fault finding. Wherever they find good which is hidden and unpleasant which is apparant, they will temper the apparant things.

We are not allowed to question about any matter that has been settlled by Allah (SWT) and His messanger (PBUH). But we are welcomed to know the wisdom behind their commands. If we fail to comprehend their wisdom then it is because we are not living now in Prophet's time. It is not because there is no wisdom there.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
TWO:

Brother Abdul Hasib I think you need real proof for this statement before making this kind of judgements ...

waaleikum salam