Trying to get my family to go to a Mosque!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:

So latley my family and their church have been doing Interfaith projects with Jews and today I say...'Why not visit this Mosque in Atlanta? They host interfaith events with churches all the time. I can hook you up"

And my sister who is in charge says..."Are they Muslim-Christians?"

I say no...but neither are Jews. Judaism, Islam and Christianity are 3 different religions...

She said she'll think about it. But me and my mother are pushing them on this, so insha'Allah the congregation will be positive :ma:

Because I was talking to one person from that church and they think Muslims dont know who Isa is (may allah be pleased with him) :shymuslima1:

Do you go to a Mosque which hosts Christians for education?
Have you taken place in an interfaith event?

:shahadah:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:,

I personally love interfaith events. I think it's great when different faiths try to respectfully learn about one another's teachings. I once had the most amazing interfaith dialogue with a lovely Jewish couple, who was so pleasantly surprised to learn that Muslims believed in David (alayhis Salam)!

This would be a good opportunity to teach Christians about not only Islamic beliefs, but Islam's view of Isa alayhis Salam as well.

One question though: what exactly is a Muslim-Christian?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Your sister asked an excellent question. During the era of slavery there were many Muslim slaves who could not worship as they wished. They would attend the churches ( the faith forced upon them ) however, there are stories of how they would leave the church and pray in the woods with their mats.
Secondly, many churches where constructed facing East. The slaves would do whatever they could to preserve the Truth.
I have posted articles on this on TTI.

Here is one to ponder: I am not one who likes to have my worship interrupted by the curious. Go to the masjid..but make sure the timing does not interfere with those whose wishes are to pray.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:,

I personally love interfaith events. I think it's great when different faiths try to respectfully learn about one another's teachings. I once had the most amazing interfaith dialogue with a lovely Jewish couple, who was so pleasantly surprised to learn that Muslims believed in David (alayhis Salam)!

This would be a good opportunity to teach Christians about not only Islamic beliefs, but Islam's view of Isa alayhis Salam as well.

One question though: what exactly is a Muslim-Christian?

Muslim-Christians dont exist.
She is confused since she met some jews called 'jews for jesus' which some sect thing of Judaism so now she thinks all Jews believe that.

Assalaam walaikum,

Your sister asked an excellent question. During the era of slavery there were many Muslim slaves who could not worship as they wished. They would attend the churches ( the faith forced upon them ) however, there are stories of how they would leave the church and pray in the woods with their mats.
Secondly, many churches where constructed facing East. The slaves would do whatever they could to preserve the Truth.
I have posted articles on this on TTI.

Here is one to ponder: I am not one who likes to have my worship interrupted by the curious. Go to the masjid..but make sure the timing does not interfere with those whose wishes are to pray.

They wont interrupt prayer. With the interfaith meetings I've seen, the Christians or non-Muslims will sit in the back and 1) Observe or possibly 2) Try to make salaat as well.

But they're mostly there to talk 1 on 1 with a knoweldgeable Muslim or Imam and listen to the Kutbah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

oh our Masjid holds alot of interfaith meetings! Mostly though, we have college students who are taking world religion classes visit. Its amazing !! most of the non-muslim girls who come usually come in with a scarf, pray alongside with us in Jummah...and wallahi you'd swear they are Muslims until u see a whole line of them and realize that they are here to learn. Its pretty awesome....<3

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Muslim-Christians dont exist.
She is confused since she met some jews called 'jews for jesus' which some sect thing of Judaism so now she thinks all Jews believe that.

Irrespective of whatever "Jews for Jesus" is, it is true that Muslims follow Isa alayhis salam's message better than the so-called Christians of today. He did after all promote the message of Tauheed and I've actually heard many reverts who were formerly Christians state that by becoming Muslim, they actually became even better Christians than they were before because they were now following Isa alayhis salam's true message.

I doubt this is something that today's mainstream Christians would want to hear so I don't know if that's something to shout from the rooftops lol. Regardless of such, this doesn't equate being a Muslim-Christian and they should know that as I'm sure you probably informed them.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
oh our Masjid holds alot of interfaith meetings! Mostly though, we have college students who are taking world religion classes visit. Its amazing !! most of the non-muslim girls who come usually come in with a scarf, pray alongside with us in Jummah...and wallahi you'd swear they are Muslims until u see a whole line of them and realize that they are here to learn. Its pretty awesome....<3

Yeah, I experienced the same thing. It's like these girls couldn't wait to try on hijab and act Muslim. Not sure how I felt about it though, to be honest...

Anyways, it's pretty common. Just hope it leads to somewhere beneficial for them...like an actual reversion lol.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Yeah, I experienced the same thing. It's like these girls couldn't wait to try on hijab and act Muslim. Not sure how I felt about it though, to be honest...

Anyways, it's pretty common. Just hope it leads to somewhere beneficial for them...like an actual reversion lol.

ukhti....well it did to one sister. This was MSA Islamic awareness though, it was not at the masjid. She was the only white female to come in that room on that specific day...while the shaikh lectured about what Islam is....and subhana'Allah.... After about a month, this sister was in full hijab and a Muslimah:hearts: Its beautiful to witness that...alhamdulillah:hearts: