TTI Awards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeena

Ooooh what I get? What about me?? :lol: Ooh, brother Ame--I mean Mabsoot, ooh we can get everyone an award based on their cool personality, we want awards! We want awards! Inshallah pleaasse!! :girl3:

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Ooooh what I get? What about me?? :lol: Ooh, brother Ame--I mean Mabsoot, ooh we can get everyone an award based on their cool personality, we want awards! We want awards! Inshallah pleaasse!! :girl3:

Assalamoalaikum, the PINK sister awards goes to sister sakeena.. Happy now? Btw i am totally with brother mabsoot.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Allah give us all the best of rewards. Amin .

If there are any other ideas / thoughts about it, then inshaAllah, we can do something. Perhaps there is something, that we can all agree upon.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

LOL! This is one of the cutest threads I have seen.

I just came up with the funniest titles for the awards in my head and Oh My, it would cause much uproar (in a bad way) if I wrote them down. So to be on the safe side, I will avoid writing them (Ahem.. cant get my reputation down at this time ;)).

Anyhow Dear Sister Noor, great idea Indeed. And Sister Sakeena, I love your enthusiam and the Tucker hats, they are an amazing thought! LoL! And Dear Ya Allah Madad, I definately agree on the Golden Girl Award.

If its at the end of Ramadhaan and contribution during Ramadhaan, then I am off the nominations (not that I had much hopes in the first place), I am aiming to spend minimal time in front of the PC, one of my bad habits.

Once again, great thread and yes, May Allah reward us All! Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
very cute threadi would have nominated the golden guy of tti award to brother Global peace but he is no longer on tti and
and ofcourse i would like to nominate mirajmom for tti GOLDEN GIRL AWARD
it sounds good hehehe

MUHAHAHAHA! Alas thou people, the little angry, lost, consfused, and sad little kid shall WIN this award now! Prepare to lose my!...............
wait my competitor is no longer here..... oh well, guess it's all mien then! HAHAHA!

ya allah madad said:
mirajmom for tti GOLDEN GIRL AWARD

Correction Bhai, she's not a girl, she's older than YOU, and so I think she wins the "TTI Mother Award." It's a bit like "Soccer Moms" but it's better, and since she has a better status in Respect than any of us here.

Mabsoot said:
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Allah give us all the best of rewards. Amin .

If there are any other ideas / thoughts about it, then inshaAllah, we can do something. Perhaps there is something, that we can all agree upon.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Yeah! Does that mean I get to have everything on my list? *looks up into face and gives a small innocent brother look*

The Humble Wun said:
Do you have a list or a scroll? LOL

I don't think even tyrants make that many requests.

Brother do you WANT me to make a scroll? LoL.

And besides, tyrants only want to fill their fat stomachs, I want to fill myself with happiness, and I want my life to be hopeful and happy.

But psycological issues makes things hard for me. :(

But I know that things will get better soon Inshallah, and that Allah Ta Alla knows what's best for me. And then I'm alright with that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Just to correct the vision of TTI...I am not quite the Golden Age...!!!!!
I may be older but please give me another twenty years for the golden age.
Does this award come with a TTI walking cane? Or TTI bifocals??

I pray you all have a wonderful evening. We really need to do a TTI cookbook as a fundraiser.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I can imagine awarding someone for contribution, which can be good, but remember we should post for the sake of Allaah alone, and thus providing rewards for contribution may lead to some people to post so that they may be awarded (by TTI), which shows a corruption of niyah. As for awards like, "Most likable member" etc, then there is not much positive about it, and one who receives such an award, due to humility (inshaa' Allaah) shouldn't be full of joy.

Sorry people, though I can see some good in the idea, the harms to me (with respect to ikhlaas and character) outweigh that good. Allaah knows best, I'm sure there are other users who understand and agree with me on this.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming.

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I have to agree with Brother Al-Kashmiri - this is because when i saw this thread, it just reminded me of a particular post by Brother Al-Kashmiri:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229626&postcount=237

The first part may not apply, but the Hadeeths of the Prophet :saw: certainly do.

I am reading "The World of the Noble Angels by Umar Sulaymaan Abdullah Ashqar" and this hit me:

Ibn Katheer Rahimahullaah also narrated concerning the aayah -

Not a word does he [or she] utter but there is a watcher by him ready [to record it].

[Qur'aan 50: 18]

- that Ibn 'Abbaas (radhiyallaahu anh) said:

Everything that you say, good or bad, is written down. Even when a person says, 'I ate', 'I drank', 'I went', 'I came', 'I saw'. Then every Thursday all that a person did or said is examined, and whatever is good or bad is recorded, and the rest is erased.

This is what is referred to in the aayah where Allah says:

Allah blots out what He wills and confirms [what He wills]. And with Him is the Mother of the Book [Al-Lawh al-Mahfooz].

[Qur'aan 13: 39]

Ibn Katheer mentioned that Imaam Ahmad used to moan when he was sick. Then he heard that Taawoos said,

"Everything is written down, even (a person's) moans."

After that, Ahmad never moaned until he died, may Allah have mercy on him.

Reference: The World of the Noble Angels, Pg. 70 - 71

I am just saying, we should be concentrating on that which matters considering we are so close to Ramadhan. I am not trying to spoil everything but i am just saying we need to think of more important things. I hope no is offended by me saying this, it's just - is there really a point to it.

When i was reading "The Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal Rahimahullaah by Salahuddin Ali Abdul Mawjood" under the "His Piety" section:

The essence of piety is abstaining from unlawful things and shunning them, then to abstain from whatever resembles the unlawful:

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (radhiyallaahu anh) said:

"We used [to] leave seventy doors to the lawful, out of fear that we might enter one of the doors to the unlawful.

[Ahmad bin Hanbal by 'Abdul Ghani Ad-Daqr, p.211]

The basis of all this is the saying of the Prophet :saw:

"Verily, the lawful is clear and verily, the unlawful is clear and between them are unclear things, which are unknown to many people; so whoever is on his guard against the unclear things safeguards his religion and his honour, while whoever falls into the unclear will fall into the commission of unlawful deeds."

[Narrated by Muslim, in Al-Musaqah / Action Upon the Lawful and Avoiding the Unclear, 1599 and Al-Bukhari, 52 and 2051]

Reference: Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal, His Piety, Pg. 79

I think Brother Al-Kashmiri's post should really suffice, the section in the Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal continues with this same point but i have stopped there.

May Allah forgive us and have mercy upon us.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My sweetest Ditta you have not spoilt anything. You have taken it upon yourself to remind us that we have a duty to fulfill. Sometimes we get silly and this is silly. We strive for excellence in Islam and not competition.

No matter what is decided...it will not deter me from posting when I feel I should as it should not stop anyone.

May all my" children" enjoy the day. I have to attempt to cook!!!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam,

My sweetest Ditta you have not spoilt anything. You have taken it upon yourself to remind us that we have a duty to fulfill. Sometimes we get silly and this is silly. We strive for excellence in Islam and not competition.

No matter what is decided...it will not deter me from posting when I feel I should as it should not stop anyone.

May all my" children" enjoy the day. I have to attempt to cook!!!

Walaykum Salaam,

May Allah reward you with good.

I wasn't trying to stop anyone from posting, as you stated, just advising [as you stated, but i thought i would mention it]. We have to remember we will be accountable, best thing to remember is/what i try to do is - will my post bring any benefit and will Allah be pleased with it as well as remembering would the Messenger of Allah :saw: consider such a post as beneficial?

That's all.

May you enjoy your day too and may Allah protect you while you cook.

Ameen.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I have to agree with Brother Al-Kashmiri - this is because when i saw this thread, it just reminded me of a particular post by Brother Al-Kashmiri:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229626&postcount=237

The first part may not apply, but the Hadeeths of the Prophet :saw: certainly do.

I am reading "The World of the Noble Angels by Umar Sulaymaan Abdullah Ashqar" and this hit me:

Ibn Katheer Rahimahullaah also narrated concerning the aayah -

Not a word does he [or she] utter but there is a watcher by him ready [to record it].

[Qur'aan 50: 18]

- that Ibn 'Abbaas (radhiyallaahu anh) said:

Everything that you say, good or bad, is written down. Even when a person says, 'I ate', 'I drank', 'I went', 'I came', 'I saw'. Then every Thursday all that a person did or said is examined, and whatever is good or bad is recorded, and the rest is erased.

This is what is referred to in the aayah where Allah says:

Allah blots out what He wills and confirms [what He wills]. And with Him is the Mother of the Book [Al-Lawh al-Mahfooz].

[Qur'aan 13: 39]

Ibn Katheer mentioned that Imaam Ahmad used to moan when he was sick. Then he heard that Taawoos said,

"Everything is written down, even (a person's) moans."

After that, Ahmad never moaned until he died, may Allah have mercy on him.

Reference: The World of the Noble Angels, Pg. 70 - 71

I am just saying, we should be concentrating on that which matters considering we are so close to Ramadhan. I am not trying to spoil everything but i am just saying we need to think of more important things. I hope no is offended by me saying this, it's just - is there really a point to it.

When i was reading "The Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal Rahimahullaah by Salahuddin Ali Abdul Mawjood" under the "His Piety" section:

The essence of piety is abstaining from unlawful things and shunning them, then to abstain from whatever resembles the unlawful:

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (radhiyallaahu anh) said:

"We used [to] leave seventy doors to the lawful, out of fear that we might enter one of the doors to the unlawful.

The basis of all this is the saying of the Prophet :saw:

"Verily, the lawful is clear and verily, the unlawful is clear and between them are unclear things, which are unknown to many people; so whoever is on his guard against the unclear things safeguards his religion and his honour, while whoever falls into the unclear will fall into the commission of unlawful deeds."

[Narrated by Muslim, in Al-Musaqah / Action Upon the Lawful and Avoiding the Unclear, 1599 and Al-Bukhari, 52 and 2051]

Reference: Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal, His Piety, Pg. 79

I think Brother Al-Kashmiri's post should really suffice, the section in the Biography of Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal continues with this same point but i have stopped there.

May Allah forgive us and have mercy upon us.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

:salam2: brother
:ma: jazakallah for that May Allah swt grant u jannatul ferdous
n everyone else inshallah n May he guide us Always...
n off course inshallah forgive us for our mistakes
Ameen
take care
:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I agree with brother Al-Kashmiri and Ditta. We have had similar things before, and I disapproved them on the terms that certain users would be caused to feel humiliated if they were to not receive anything, and new Users would not really be able to participate, while others would be given a lot of praise for contributing, which as before was said is dangerous in itself.

I'm sorry if this gets long, but the following is something that really made me think, so I thought I'd place it here too....

"" Once ‘Umar ibn ‘Abdul ‘Azîz (rahimahullâh) was advised,
“O ‘Umar, beware of being the ally of Allâh in open, while being
His enemy in secret. If one’s nature in open and secret do not
equate then he is a hypocrite, and the hypocrites occupy the lowest
level in the Hellfire.”

From amongst the most difficult things one can acquire is sincerity and because of this, the pious predecessors ( as-salah as-salih) would try to block off all their acts of worship from riyaa (showing off) by hiding their good deeds just as they would hide their evil deeds.

They would advise each other with words such as “Do not be an enemy to Shaytaan in public and his friend in private”; or in other words, make sure you are the same person in public as you are when in seclusion. Because of this, they loved to be alone and busy in acts of worship wherein only Allah could see them.

As for those deeds which were public, then the following story would suffice: a student of Abdullah bin Masoud once hosted a blind man for a meal and decorated his meal as if he could see. When the people inquired as to why he was decorating the food to for a man who couldn’t even see, he replied by saying “But Allah can see!”

Because of this, one of the best definitions of sincerity is to forget about the creation by constantly looking at the Creator (in terms of gaining admiration for your deeds); thereby not caring whether or not the people see any single act of worship. So when a man gets up to worship, he does not think about the people’s thoughts and does not care whether they praise him, or if they criticize him because he only sees Allah in front of him, thereby reaching the level of ihsan.

…Then he (the man) said, “Inform me about Ihsan.” He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, “It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, and even though you cannot see Him yet He sees you.” - Muslim
So when one reaches ihsan, he does not become like those who Ali bin Abi Talib said regarding the insincere: “The one who shows off has three characteristics: he is lazy when by himself, he is lively and energetic when with others and he increases in his actions when he is praised and decreases in them when he is criticised.”

Because of the difficulty of sincerity, they (as-salaf) considered themselves to be hypocrites as it was said that a Tabi’e met thirty companions of the Prophet (saw) and all of them feared hypocrisy for themselves.

""Abin Aby Mulaikh said, "I have met thirty of the companions of the Messenger (PBUH) and all of them feared hypocrisy in themselves". ""

These were the companions of the Prophet, those men and women who Allah was pleased with and who were pleased with Allah, so how about someone lower than them, people like us who act as if we have been granted Paradise while living on earth. And what is even more astonishing than this is Umar bin al-Khattab’s asking Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman if he (Umar) were among the hypocrites!

So one can never be sincere if he thinks himself to be sincere; since sincerity is to lose the vision of sincerity in oneself. And because of the greatness of sincerity, they (as-salaf) would say “whoever had a single instance in his lifetime which was purely and sincerely for the sake of Allah will be saved” since it has the capacity to purify you from all your sins. One of the salaf once remarked on how happy he would be if he only knew Allah accepted even two rakaat of salaah from him!

Because of their sincerity they lived a pure life, free from anxiety and grief since it was to Allah that they turned to in both good and bad times. And perhaps ibn al-Qayyim reflected on this when he said: Ikhlaas and Tawheed are a tree in the heart, its branches are good actions and its fruits are a good life in this world, and eternal comfort in the Hereafter; and just like in Paradise where the fruits whose supply is not cut off, nor are they out of reach, likewise are the fruits of Tawheed and Ikhlaas in this world.
[Ibn al-Qayyim – 'al-Fawaid' 292]

So be sincere O servants of Allah and leave the inner cravings for attention for indeed the short-term pleasure attained from people’s admiration is not worth the anger and wrath of Allah and He is not unaware of what you do. And if you were to reflect on the people of insincerity, you would realize how pathetic their situation is, for indeed the one who is insincere cannot see anything except for what is in front of them, thereby unable to have high aspirations and unable to undergo hardship for anything worthy."""

Again I dont want to be a spoil-sport either, but i just worry about this... I mean even myself, I would like to get an award, and that worries me!! Because in all actions our intentions matter most, and what IF it turns out I want to post the most so that the forum people recognize it or something else. What will become of my actions then? One of the most beautiful things about Islaam is that there is no appeasement, everything is done only for Allah, not for anyone's favor, not for recognition, not for personal benefit... and I kinda want to keep it that way.

For the best of people in this world are often the least recognized. The best of people are often the strangest and most outcast, and yet I ask Allah to make me and everyone else of them...

Ibn al-Mubarak – said,
“Perhaps a great deed is belittled by an intention. And perhaps a small deed, by a sincere intention, is made great."

Abdul-Wahid bin Abdullah al-Muhaidib Said:
"The people of Islam are strangers amongst mankind, then the people of Eemaan are strangers amongst the people of Islam, then the people of knowledge are strangers amongst the people of Eemaan, then the people sticking to the Sunnah, those who take care to distinguish it from desires and innovations, are strangers, then those who call to it while being patient in face of the harms caused by those who turn away are the most strange."

Forgive me if anything I said was offensive, this was just my opinion...

wasalam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

ohh how cute, that would be good and fun. great idea sister but i wish we could that. insha Allah if that ever happens i would vote for everyone. it doesn't matter even if we don't do that but to me everyone is awesome....:D no kidding though. its good to study and have fun at the same time.

but now lets just be happy :laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing:

massi

come on guys
it's just a little Contest which anyone could win ...
there is no harm to get...so let's begin

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

I agree with brother Al-Kashmiri and Ditta. We have had similar things before, and I disapproved them on the terms that certain users would be caused to feel humiliated if they were to not receive anything, and new Users would not really be able to participate, while others would be given a lot of praise for contributing, which as before was said is dangerous in itself.

I'm sorry if this gets long, but the following is something that really made me think, so I thought I'd place it here too....

"" Once ‘Umar ibn ‘Abdul ‘Azîz (rahimahullâh) was advised,
“O ‘Umar, beware of being the ally of Allâh in open, while being
His enemy in secret. If one’s nature in open and secret do not
equate then he is a hypocrite, and the hypocrites occupy the lowest
level in the Hellfire.”

From amongst the most difficult things one can acquire is sincerity and because of this, the pious predecessors ( as-salah as-salih) would try to block off all their acts of worship from riyaa (showing off) by hiding their good deeds just as they would hide their evil deeds.

They would advise each other with words such as “Do not be an enemy to Shaytaan in public and his friend in private”; or in other words, make sure you are the same person in public as you are when in seclusion. Because of this, they loved to be alone and busy in acts of worship wherein only Allah could see them.

As for those deeds which were public, then the following story would suffice: a student of Abdullah bin Masoud once hosted a blind man for a meal and decorated his meal as if he could see. When the people inquired as to why he was decorating the food to for a man who couldn’t even see, he replied by saying “But Allah can see!”

Because of this, one of the best definitions of sincerity is to forget about the creation by constantly looking at the Creator (in terms of gaining admiration for your deeds); thereby not caring whether or not the people see any single act of worship. So when a man gets up to worship, he does not think about the people’s thoughts and does not care whether they praise him, or if they criticize him because he only sees Allah in front of him, thereby reaching the level of ihsan.

…Then he (the man) said, “Inform me about Ihsan.” He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, “It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, and even though you cannot see Him yet He sees you.” - Muslim
So when one reaches ihsan, he does not become like those who Ali bin Abi Talib said regarding the insincere: “The one who shows off has three characteristics: he is lazy when by himself, he is lively and energetic when with others and he increases in his actions when he is praised and decreases in them when he is criticised.”

Because of the difficulty of sincerity, they (as-salaf) considered themselves to be hypocrites as it was said that a Tabi’e met thirty companions of the Prophet (saw) and all of them feared hypocrisy for themselves.

""Abin Aby Mulaikh said, "I have met thirty of the companions of the Messenger (PBUH) and all of them feared hypocrisy in themselves". ""

These were the companions of the Prophet, those men and women who Allah was pleased with and who were pleased with Allah, so how about someone lower than them, people like us who act as if we have been granted Paradise while living on earth. And what is even more astonishing than this is Umar bin al-Khattab’s asking Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman if he (Umar) were among the hypocrites!

So one can never be sincere if he thinks himself to be sincere; since sincerity is to lose the vision of sincerity in oneself. And because of the greatness of sincerity, they (as-salaf) would say “whoever had a single instance in his lifetime which was purely and sincerely for the sake of Allah will be saved” since it has the capacity to purify you from all your sins. One of the salaf once remarked on how happy he would be if he only knew Allah accepted even two rakaat of salaah from him!

Because of their sincerity they lived a pure life, free from anxiety and grief since it was to Allah that they turned to in both good and bad times. And perhaps ibn al-Qayyim reflected on this when he said: Ikhlaas and Tawheed are a tree in the heart, its branches are good actions and its fruits are a good life in this world, and eternal comfort in the Hereafter; and just like in Paradise where the fruits whose supply is not cut off, nor are they out of reach, likewise are the fruits of Tawheed and Ikhlaas in this world.
[Ibn al-Qayyim – 'al-Fawaid' 292]

So be sincere O servants of Allah and leave the inner cravings for attention for indeed the short-term pleasure attained from people’s admiration is not worth the anger and wrath of Allah and He is not unaware of what you do. And if you were to reflect on the people of insincerity, you would realize how pathetic their situation is, for indeed the one who is insincere cannot see anything except for what is in front of them, thereby unable to have high aspirations and unable to undergo hardship for anything worthy."""

Again I dont want to be a spoil-sport either, but i just worry about this... I mean even myself, I would like to get an award, and that worries me!! Because in all actions our intentions matter most, and what IF it turns out I want to post the most so that the forum people recognize it or something else. What will become of my actions then? One of the most beautiful things about Islaam is that there is no appeasement, everything is done only for Allah, not for anyone's favor, not for recognition, not for personal benefit... and I kinda want to keep it that way.

For the best of people in this world are often the least recognized. The best of people are often the strangest and most outcast, and yet I ask Allah to make me and everyone else of them...

Ibn al-Mubarak – said,
“Perhaps a great deed is belittled by an intention. And perhaps a small deed, by a sincere intention, is made great."

Abdul-Wahid bin Abdullah al-Muhaidib Said:
"The people of Islam are strangers amongst mankind, then the people of Eemaan are strangers amongst the people of Islam, then the people of knowledge are strangers amongst the people of Eemaan, then the people sticking to the Sunnah, those who take care to distinguish it from desires and innovations, are strangers, then those who call to it while being patient in face of the harms caused by those who turn away are the most strange."

Forgive me if anything I said was offensive, this was just my opinion...

wasalam
DANG now that would be some firing Information for a Beyan! Jazakamullahu Kyran Wa Ajr Wa Barakah Wa Hasanat Wa Adan Jannah Baji, you sure did it this time! LoL. :D

Ah, sister Samiha and her adive all the time, LoL.

But Mashallah it's very good too. :)

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
:ma: What a thread...?! Did not expect it 2 do as well but how wrong was I...?! LoL Nice 2 know Brother Mabsoot's opinions on this as well :hijabi:

:blackhijab:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

I am locking this thread because the evidence has been given by Brother's and Sister's.

This thread isn't fitting right before Ramadhan, we should be seeking to prepare for it and make sure we are ready. I just don't see how a TTi award's thread fit's into it all? It may seem innocent but when you take into account what Abu Bakr said:

This is an example of something that could lead to the unlawful within our heart's.

Insha'Allaah no one is offended and understand's my reasoning behind this.

May Allah forgive and have mercy upon us all. May Allah correct our heart's.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

Status
Not open for further replies.