Tummy exercise

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Can anyone advice please the quickest way for one to do or exercise to reduce the size of the tummy?
If there is any website which can advice or give guidance of how to exercise will really appreciate.

Jazakallahu Kheir!

Abu.Amirah

shukran :SMILY346:

Well its good with that but one friend also told me to drink one glass of hot water every morning i wake up. will this also help?

hafz

there is a brilliant website and guess what its free.It teaches you exercise, dieting, daily calorie counting etc like weight watchers online but no fee and this is better
http://sparkpeople.com/
It teaches you lots of exercise with videos its brilliant:ma:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

No Situps Do not Get rid of big Stomach .. lol

Situps will only give you stomach muscles, there is no such thing as Spot reduction of fat. i.e. if you train one body part the fat will go away. This is a myth..

You have big stomach (tummy) because you have excess fat. You are eating (and therefore taking in more energy) than you are expending i.e through excercise. - So if you eat more than you burn in excercise or work, your body will store it as fat.

It will be stored on your tummy, on your hips, your buttocks, your arms, your neck etc..... when you excercise your body does not look where it gets rid of the fat, it burns fat from anywhere in your body to make energy.

To get rid of fat you must be expending MORE energy than you are taking in. This is based on the calorific content of your food vs the calories you are burning.

To get rid of fat you must Eat Healthy, i.e. low fat/ Low carbohydrate foods... i.e. green salads, tuna, chicken, lamb etc. remember to remove all the fat from the meat before you cook!!

No Chips, No Fast food takeaways, Reduce the amount of bread/cake/pitta/ naan etc and salt... reduce amount of sugary foods. Do not drink cococola etc.

What you must do is have a good diet, this means not eating fatty foods, not eating salty or sugary foods, not eating foods with a lot of carbohydrates, some of these foods produce extra glycogen and these are called foods with high glycemic index (GI) http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Also, it is important to eat at proper times and maintaining active lifestyle. So dont eat too late, and dont eat meals that are big.. i.e. eating 2 big meals a day. -- The best way to eat would be 5 or 6x small meals.. spaced out, as this makes your metabolism more active. Although, I guess the latter is difficult.

You got to do running, excercise like that.

Drinking hot water will do nothing either, but it is good to drink water around 5-6 cups a day. inshaallah. PLus this fills your stomach so you do not eat as much. Avoid just taking snack when you are hungry.

I used to train a lot back when I was really into martial arts. So I can give you some handy tips how to reduce weight. It is easy, just you have to be determined and change your Lifestyle / routines. -- This is the only thing!!

It is very important for Muslims to look after themselves and be fit and healthy.

What I do is run for 3x a week and other days I also Skip rope for 20 mins. I do weights and plyometrics (body weight excercises, pressups, situps, crunches, squats) on the other 3 days as well as sparring and martial arts. You can do this all at home it is not too hard. If you incorporate weight training and other muscle building excercises this makes burning fat easier.

What one person thinks is easy another might find difficult. So, there is no easy option. It is all in the mind, and it is upto you to help yourself.

-- The best excercise for reducing fat quickly is called HIIT. THat stands for High Intensity Interval Training........ My advice would be to only do this after a few weeks of excercise as it can be bit too much for someone who has not done excercise for some time. HIIT is something used by elite athletes, boxers and others. It is best way to remove fat.

I will give two examples of HIIT. 1. is running, 2. is skipping (these are the only two aerobic excercises I do.. ) Aerobic basically means using oxygen. When you feel out of breath, such as running, you are doing aerobic excercise. Anaerobic means you use no oxygen, such as when you lift a weight.

First thing you got to know is your heart. When you run your heart works faster by pumping oxygenated blood to your muscles. You burn fat more effectively if your heart is running at higher intensity. Most people in Gyms and clubs etc will tell you to run at around 55% intensity. This means that you are doing excercise which is hard, but you can still talk and it is not too difficult. They will say you keep doing this for 40 minutes or something. That is fine, but it is not the best way to get rid of fat.

HIIT you

1. Running,

If you alternate between high intensity, i.e. 75% - 90% of how much you can do (running fast) and low intensity i.e. (walking fast), for 20 mins you can get rid of a lot of fat, plus increase your fitness levels for both your heart and your muscles.

First stretch all your muscles and warm up.

here is a good 25 minute routine:

1-3 minutes slow jog,

then for 30 seconds do a fast run, then do a jog for 30 seconds, Repeat for 20 minutes..

then spend rest of the time jogging and cooling down, stretching..

That is HIIT, where you mix high intensity with low.

---------

You can do the same with a Skipping rope.

--

So, Main thing:

Excercise good and eat good healthy food!!

Situps are good for your stomach muscles, but these will not remove fat. They will build Abdominal Muscles. And you wont be able to see them until you get rid of the fat, you have to remove fat so your body only has at least 10% fat.

wasalam.

Abu.Amirah

Shukran Brother Mabsoot,

Inshallah will do all this and try to be fit and back to normal.I had not exercise for very long time due to my problems with my toes and i went thru surgery for both and now Alhamdulillah am doing fine.I couldnt run as it was paining me nor wearing sports shoes and due to sitting and eating thats how i got to gain so fast. Inshallah i thank u all for the advice and will do my best.:lol:

Jazakallahu kheir!!

justoneofmillion

it is because your body is more used to burn carbohydrates than too burn fats you have to train your body to get its sources of energie formemost from fat and proteins and that by ajusting you nutrition and accelerating the digestive system which uselly take`s place two our after the meal.try to do that by avoiding for example too much bread, pasta,potatoes,cakes and the combination carbohydrat -fat.try to eat more often but less quantities things like chicken, fish which contains fats acides ,vegetal oil also is good , eggs,fruits , vegetables,and avoid eating too late at night but eat more in the morning, and exercice with jogging at the right speed because you have to know that it is not the faster you run but the longer you run that`s effectiv at the beginning your body starts burning the carbohydrat and then the proteines and then after may be 50 minutes or so it`s starts burning the fats wich is what you longing for.the rope is also a good exercice i practice it a lot it`s one of the best,sit ups or may be boxing if you like it , sit ups are good and avoid these rubbishand complicated machines the simpliest exercices are the best and they bring more results it is not impossible perceverence an patience the key of it. good luck wassalam brother:salah: :salah: :SMILY346: :SMILY346:

Amirah84

MashaAllah br Mabsoot. Excellent tips!!!! And also justone.. One thing is really important though with running as br Mabsoot said: You have to have done some excercise for some weeks to regain some sort of fitness level before embarking on HIIT. The HIIT is actually excellent now that I think about it. You're running intensely and just long for the "slow-down". it's also very motivating as you know that any second now you;ll slow down and that gives you the boost to not stop running. So i;ll def change to HIIT.

Stretching>>SUPER IMPORTANT>>Before and after workout to min risk for injuries and pain the day after.

+ Know you're level. Your fitness sort of follows a curve and it;'s as if you need to take one step at a time to work up a good fitness level and that takes time and determination. So 3-4 days a week for an hour is good enough to work your way up and start on low intensity and gradually inc the level.

Loosing 1 kg a week should be ones aim as far as ive read. And if you think about it if it takes you 10 wks to loose 10 kg's it's not bad at all.

The lighter you become the easier running will be. So motivation everyone!!!!

ok inshaAllah take care all, and come on - let's be healhty and take care of our bodies.

medical benefits of excercise:

• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely due disease.
• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely from heart disease.
• Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
• Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
• Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure. really really true! BP is directly correlated with exercise.
• Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
• Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
• Helps control weight.
• Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
• Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling.
• Promotes psychological well-being.

MashaAllah May Allah always keep us in the best of health,

wa aleikuma salam
Amirah

Liddl15

lol, for some reason I would have never thought to fine tips how to loose weight on this site...^^
You were all right, it is very informative!^^

Liddl

I

Ishaq Syua'ib

There is a good way for making sweat at tummy area:

Wear a nylon belt on your tummy and do Circuit training like doing 1.5 minutes rope skipping then 1.5 minutes running faster than jogging then 1.5 minutes of kicking air than do 4 sets of 15 reps weight training by Quadriceps musle (front thigh) then back again to the first workout which is 1.5 minutes of rope skipping.

Total 12 minutes training with no rest between each 1.5 minutes training.

And because this is meant for elevetad heart rate and to flow the blood to the entire body, actually all the movements must be involving every part of the body, but because your only one the tummy to flattened and smaller, then don't forget to wear the NYLON belt around your STOMACH.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
:salam2:

Situps will only give you stomach muscles, there is no such thing as Spot reduction of fat. i.e. if you train one body part the fat will go away. This is a myth..

wasalam.

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

AlhumduliLlah, I am glad someone mentioned this!

Cardio :eek: and a clean diet :)
... and don't be afraid to build some muscle :SMILY346:

Wa'alaykum as-salaam