Turbulence...

muhammad.abdullah

asslam o alaikum wr wbrkt

my dear brothers and sisters
I am away from my family for almost 3 years now and i am going through extreme turbulence in my life. Some of you might take it as i am poor or have money problems but NO, this is not the case. Its my 'eemaan'. There are times when i am very very weak and let go of everything, ignore my daily prayers, dont recite quran, fail to lower my gaze and so on. On other times, i get really strict and pray 5 times a day, recite quran lower my gaze and so on and a tranquil atmosphere enshrouds me. These periods repeat like day and night (well not as frequently but after some time). I am worried to an imaginable magnitude about what is going on with my brain or am i running mad? Am i the prime target of shaytaan or is the weakness inside my heart?

I will appreciate any helping answers from my brothers and sisters.:(

P.S. just to let you know i am in Britain.

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:
dear brother , the only thing i can tell u is to follow what the scholars of our Oumma said about this kind of problems, and to be sincere with urself and with Allah in following. here is what Scheikh Abdulaziz Ibn Baz said rahimahollaho said about this :
Shaykh ABdul Aziz Ibn Baz was asked how to increase the Iman and he answered :
We advise you to recite the Qur'aan frequently and that you increase in your hearing of it and in your recitation of it. Reflect and consider its meaning to the best of your ability and what you do not understand of it, then ask the people of knowledge of your country about it, or write to those outside of your country from the Scholars of Sunnah (Prophetic guidance).

We also advise you to increase in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah with such remembrances and supplications that are authentically related, such as saying laa ilaaha illallaah (that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah), or saying subhaanallaah wal-hamdulillaah wa laa ilaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar (declaring Allaah free from all imperfections, praising Him and declaring that none has the right to be worshipped except Him and that He is greater), and their like. For this purpose, we urge you to refer to books such as al-Kalimut-Tayyib of Ibn Taymiyyah, al-Waabilus-Sayyib of Ibn al-Qayyim, Riyaadhus-Saaliheen and al-Adhkaar both by Imaam an-Nawawee, and their like. This is because the remembrance of Allaah increases eemaan (faith) and causes hearts to attain tranquility, as Allaah - the Most High - said: "Indeed in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find tranquility." [Soorah ar-Ra`d 13:28].

Also preserve your five daily Prayers, your Fasting and the rest of your obligations - along with hoping in Allaah's mercy and forgiveness and relying upon Him in all your affairs. Allaah - the Most High - said: "The Believers are only those who, when Allaah is mentioned, feel a fear in the hearts, and when His Verses are recited to them, it increases their eemaan (faith), and they put their trust and rely upon Allaah alone. They are those who perform the Prayer and spend out of that which We have given them, they are Believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity and nobility with their Lord, and also forgiveness and generous provisions." [Soorah al-Anfaal 8:2-4] .

May Allah be with u brother
:salam2:

sky_012

Waleikum Salam brother in islam

first of all i really pray that u manage to become strong in ur emaan , as i know what you are going through :( , i pray Allah SWT enable us , to have sincere faith and taqwa in our hearts and not to be week in front of sheytan

the brother above gave you all good advice i just wanted to add a little thing

i think you should spend time with good people, like going to mosque, because we are weaker when we are alone, and also when we are with bad companion ship , so i guess, if u find good companion ship , you won't feel lonely, and you won't be weak in front of sheytan i guess, you have this problem because you miss your family as well,

wassalam

justoneofmillion

welcome brother am not an expert all i can advice you to do is related to my own experience try fasting for a couple of days it may remind you that no mather how you `re doing financialy you`re still dependent on allah try not to talk much observe and think about the creation sourrounding you in order to increase your ability of perception and when you are praying especially in the sajda praise and talk to allah from you heart with you own words and spend much time there (in sujud) and then am sure you `ll start to enjoy it and feel the need for it. may allah help you and answer your call wassalamu aleikum:salah: :salah:

Globalpeace

Banned
Turbulence

Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

We all go through turbulence from time to time

We all go through practising & slacking (may be not slacking but not as enthusiastic as once)

That's because we are humans and it is within our nature to shine & fade...

Please see the following thread and you may find some pieces of advice Insha'allah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4947&highlight=stress

asslam o alaikum wr wbrkt

my dear brothers and sisters
I am away from my family for almost 3 years now and i am going through extreme turbulence in my life. Some of you might take it as i am poor or have money problems but NO, this is not the case. Its my 'eemaan'. There are times when i am very very weak and let go of everything, ignore my daily prayers, dont recite quran, fail to lower my gaze and so on. On other times, i get really strict and pray 5 times a day, recite quran lower my gaze and so on and a tranquil atmosphere enshrouds me. These periods repeat like day and night (well not as frequently but after some time). I am worried to an imaginable magnitude about what is going on with my brain or am i running mad? Am i the prime target of shaytaan or is the weakness inside my heart?

I will appreciate any helping answers from my brothers and sisters.:(

P.S. just to let you know i am in Britain.

ripefig

:salam2: This problem is not unique to you alone, we all face these problems at one time or another. Shaitan is an avowed enemy, he is waiting at every corner to send us in the wrong path. It is easy to fall prey to him like our father Adam. At these times it is helpful to say I am not going to let him get the best of me and seek refuge in Allah from him and his whisperings. Also there are some people in whose company we are shy to do certain things, it may be uncofortable but these are the best friends to keep because some of their goodness may rub off on us. If we are around people who are smoking all the time, we may go home smelling like cigerette smoke, and if we around a person who is selling perfume, we may go home smelling like perfume. On the same note we should also be aware that Allah has knowledge of everything we do, so we should feel shy even if nobody is around. :wasalam:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Curing Weak Faith

Assalamu alaikum Brother,

As my brothers and sisters already truly stated, this problem happens to all of us. I hope this helps:

Curing weak faith​

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu’jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4; see also al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 1585. Al-Haythami said in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/52, “It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.”) What he meant is that faith wears out in the heart just as clothes wear out and become old. The heart of the believer is sometimes overwhelmed by clouds of sin, and so it goes dark. This is the picture drawn for us by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth: “There is no heart that is not covered by a cloud like the cloud covering the moon when it is shining, and so it suddenly goes dark, but when it (the cloud) goes away, it shines again.” (Reported by Abu Na’eem in al-Hilyah, 2/196; al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 2268). Sometimes the moon is covered by clouds, which conceal its light, but after a little while they go away, and the light of the moon comes back to light up the sky. In the same way, the heart of the believer is sometimes covered with dark clouds of sin, so its light is veiled, and the person finds himself lost in darkness, but when he strives to increase his eemaan and seeks the help of Allaah, that cloud goes away, and the light comes back to shine in his heart as before.

One of the most important principles which must be understood in order to treat the problem of weak faith is that faith increases and decreases, or waxes and wanes. This is one of the basic principles of the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, who say that faith is something to be spoken in words, to be believed in in the heart, and to be put into action. Faith increases with obedience and decreases with disobedience. There is evidence for this in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, for example, Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings): “… that they may grow more in Faith along with their (present) Faith…” [al-Fath 48:4] and “… Which of you has had his faith increased by it? …” [al-Tawbah 9:124]. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it by his hand (by action), and if he cannot, then by his tongue (by speaking out), and if he cannot, then by his heart (by feeling that it is wrong), and that is the weakest of faith.” (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1/51).

The effects of obedience and sin, which increase and decrease faith respectively, are well known from observation and experience. If a person goes out walking in the market-place, where he looks at uncovered women wearing make-up, and hears the shouting and idle talk of the people, then he goes to the graveyard and stops to think and let his heart soften, he will see the difference between the two environments and how quickly his heart changes.

Another factor in this discussion is the words of one of the salaf: “One of the signs of proper understanding is when a slave takes care of his eemaan, and pays attention to what decreases it, and knows when it increases and when it decreases, and recognizes the temptation of Shaytaan when he comes to him.” (Sharh Nooniyah Ibn al-Qayyim by Ibn ‘Eesa, 2/140).

It is important to know that if a decrease in faith leads to one neglecting one’s duties or doing haraam deeds, this slackening is very serious and one must repent to Allaah and start to do something about it at once. If it does not lead to neglect of duties and doing haraam deeds, but just makes a person fall short in doing mustahabb (recommended) deeds, for example, then a person still needs to know how to sort himself out and correct himself until he returns to the proper level of energy and strength in worship. This is what we learn from the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Every deed has energy and strength, and then this energy and strength is followed by a slackening, so who’s slackening is in accordance to my Sunnah he will be fine, and who’s slackening is to other than that [i.e., doing unlawful or forebidden deeds] he will be doomed.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/210; Saheeh al-Targheeb, no. 55).

Before we discuss how to treat the problem of weak faith, there is something we should note: many of those who feel that their hearts are hard look for an external solution, hoping that they can rely on others, even though it is within their reach – if they want – to take care of themselves by themselves. This is how it should be done, because eemaan is the relationship between the slave and his Lord. Below, we will discuss a number of ways prescribed by Islam by means of which the Muslim can deal with his weakness of faith and hardness of heart, after he puts his trust in Allaah and resigns himself to the fact that he faces a struggle to achieve his goal:

Pondering the meanings of the Qur’aan, which Allaah has revealed to explain everything and as a Light by which He guides whomever He wills of His slaves. There is no doubt that it contains a powerful and effective cure. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We send down from the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe…” [al-Isra’ 17:82]. The method of treatment is to think and ponder its meanings.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to ponder the meanings of the Book of Allaah and recite it when he stood in prayer at night (qiyaam al-layl). On one occasion, he stood in prayer at night and recited one single aayah from the Book of Allaah whilst he was praying, and he did not go any further than that (one aayah) until morning. The aayah in question was (interpretation of the meaning): “If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You, are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.” [al-Maa’idah 5:118]. (Reported by Ahmad, 4/149; see also Sifat al-Salaah by al-Albaani, p. 102).

He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to ponder the meaning of the Qur’aan, to the greatest extent. Ibn Hibbaan reported in his Saheeh with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Ataarah, who said: “‘Ubayd-Allaah ibn ‘Umayr and I entered upon ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) and ‘Ubayd-Allaah ibn ‘Umayr said: ‘Tell us of the most wonderful thing you saw on the part of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ She wept and said, ‘He got up one night (to pray) and said, “O ‘Aa’ishah, leave me to worship my Lord.” I said, “By Allaah, I love to be near you, and I love what makes you happy.” He got up, purified himself and stood up to pray, and he kept weeping until his lap got wet, then he wept and kept weeping until the ground got wet. Bilaal came to call the adhaan for him, and when he saw him weeping, he said, “O Messenger of Allaah, are you weeping when Allaah has forgiven all of your sins, past and future?” He said, “Should I not be a thankful slave? This night some aayaat have been revealed to me, woe to the one who reads them and does not think (about their meaning). Among them is (interpretation of the meaning): Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding, those who remember Allaah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth…” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:190-191].”’” (Al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 1/106). This indicates that it is obligatory to ponder the meaning of these aayaat.