Turkey beat Croatia

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
asalamu alaykum

ASLAAMU, ALAYKUM.

u right brother/sister iam saying that if they are muslim that they won that good iam not turkey but iam glad that they won. and i know that it is just game too.

Obase

Speaks his mind...
salaam.
Why should we pray Turkey should win brother? its only football it doesn't really mean anything. Yes i enjoy football alot but some people get waayyy over excited about it. I dont mean to offend anyone who supports Turkey or any other team it's just I see it from a different angle.
w/s

Good point br. I agree. Why pray for something so trivial and also, know that Turkey is a very secular country (or going that way). religion is being wiped away and many turks are falling very far behind in islam and its practice.

So I do not care what Turkey does in football- i care on how the leaders there act when it comes to Islam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

And once again I think it must be a hot spell out there. I perfer basketball and American football but when it comes to soccer I will root for Turkey. It is a little bias I hold. If it is anything Muslim my heart has to root for it. It is that simple. We are humans and can enjoy and partake of life. We are not monks and nuns.

Good point br. I agree. Why pray for something so trivial and also, know that Turkey is a very secular country (or going that way). religion is being wiped away and many turks are falling very far behind in islam and its practice.

So I do not care what Turkey does in football- i care on how the leaders there act when it comes to Islam.
Islam is seeing a resurgence ever since the AKP came into power, though they're still under threat by the secularist military. A shame Turkey didn't go all the way coz I think it would have been a very symbolic thing to see an Islamic country run by an Islamic party defeat Europeans in their own tournament!

They did play many great matches, and they were the only reason I bothered to watch the cup.

safiya58

:salam2:

brother u r right turkey is far away from being a muslim country but can u tell me one muslim country in this world where there is justice or the rulings of shariya.... and also not only turkish ppl fall far practicising Islam I am turkish and I want to ask u if u have ever been in turkey? there are also many ppl practicising Islam .... it is just time wasting to talk about our leaders... if we want to change them we have to change ourself first.... so pray to Allah, to guide our ppl to the right pass and for unity

:wasalam: