U.S. Planning To Avert Pakistani Children From Islam Through TV

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

The United States is planning a television programming project targeting Pakistani children in what many describe as an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the younger generation and neutralize growing anti-American sentiments.

"This project is nothing new. It's the old wine in new bottle," Z.R Jafri, a veteran writer, told IslamOnlione.net.

"The aim of this media invasion is to settle down in the minds of our children that the religious-minded people are behind terrorism, therefore they must stay away from religion."

The US Aid Agency for International Developments (USAID) has recently advertised the plan in local newspapers seeking proposals from Pakistani and US firms involved in the making of children programs for developing television and multi-media programming for Pakistani children.

A sum of Rs 1.5 billion (20 million dollars) has been allocated to the four-year program.

The purpose of the program, according to Sohail Hummayun, one of the USAID officials involved in this project, is to develop the language, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities among Pakistani children.

Many are suspicious of the project.

"There is no free lunch in America," says Hafiz Hussain Ahmad, a former parliamentarian and central leader of Jamiat Ulema Islam (JUI), which represents the powerful Dubendi school of thought in Pakistan.

"It doesn't invest anything anywhere without any interest. Therefore, whatever America is investing here, is not at all without any interest."

The US embassy spokesman in Islamabad Richard Snelsire avoided commenting on the proposed plans.

"The contract has not been awarded yet so we are legally restricted in what we can say," he told IOL.

He denied accusations that it is a politically-motivated program to win the hearts and minds of Pakistani children.

"No it's a development program."

Americanizing

Some believe that though the three main objectives of the project seem to be clear and harmless, their far-reaching effects would be dangerous.

"Language is the most important tool of the social and mental development of a child. A child starts thinking and speaking through this tool," notes Shahnawaz Farooqi, a renowned thinker and writer.

"If the language model is American, then automatically the way of thinking will also be American."

Farooqi, who writes about social and political issues, is also critical of the problem-solving objective of the American program.

"Apparently, there is no harm in teaching the children problem-solving. This is a very good thing. But here are two lists of the priorities in life. One list is Islamic, and the second list is western. Do you think, America will teach our children about Islamic list of priorities in life?"

Although he believes in the importance of critical-thinking, Farooqi is still suspicious about its inclusion in the TV programming.

"Keeping the behavior of the West against Islam in view, the development of critical thinking abilities among Muslim children means to develop the ability to see the Islamic belief and tenets with a critical eye."

Jafri shares the same concern.

"They are trying to establish that every bearded person, who offers prayers five times a day, actually supports this terrorism, which is totally wrong."

Ahmad, the JUI leader, believes the basic purpose of the project is to counter growing anti-US sentiments.

"Youths and children have been developing anti-US sentiments because of its unjust and uncalled for policies all over the world, especially in Muslim countries," he told IOL.

"I believe this is an effort to counter this phenomenon."

But he believes the project will not work out.

"Instead of investing such huge amounts to brainwash Muslim children, America should reconsider its policies to win the hearts and minds of our children."

"Such kind of cosmetic efforts have neither worked in the past, nor will they do in the future."

Source: Islam Online

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
they have already set their plans.we cant talk about religion to anyone even our elders.May Allah keep pakistan safe from the enemy.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
May Allah bless your country pakistan and all the other muslim countries inshAllah
this is the case in iran too every women (no matter what religion) is retrictd to where the hijab and cover her as per the Islamic law thats y our youth is protesting againts this and wanting freedom

hope this will not be the case in your country inshAllah

may Allah guide us muslims and specially we the younger generation to guide us to the path He loves Inshallah

jazakAllah khair

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

Many are suspicious of the project.

"If the language model is American, then automatically the way of thinking will also be American."
Source: Islam Online

asslam o alaikum

i think these kind of people were also there in 19th century who were against the learning of english language by the muslims of indo pak and every body saw the consequences of it. when they said that learning english and getting scientific education is haram untill sir syed came and did sth good for muslim youth and because of these so called religious people we lacked behind and lacking behind hindus in every field and beacuse of it we couldn't contribute positively in the partition of indo apk and we r still suffering.

do i have to write sth about the 1000 yrs of rule by mughals on indo apk and it s results.

w salam.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
they have already set their plans.we cant talk about religion to anyone even our elders.May Allah keep pakistan safe from the enemy.

asslam oa laikum

we ourselves r the enemies of Pakistan. don't blame others when we ourselves r corrupt , they r our enemies, they want us destroyed, it is us who provide them with chances and giving them opportunities to destroy us.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
the thing which is so surprising is that why it is always Pakistan they target?
there are other muslim countries(may Allah keep them safe) but the anti islam forces always choose pakistan to implement their abominable plans.
Allah aalim

FreedomFighter

asslam o alaikum

i think these kind of people were also there in 19th century who were against the learning of english language by the muslims of indo pak and every body saw the consequences of it. when they said that learning english and getting scientific education is haram untill sir syed came and did sth good for muslim youth and because of these so called religious people we lacked behind and lacking behind hindus in every field and beacuse of it we couldn't contribute positively in the partition of indo apk and we r still suffering.

do i have to write sth about the 1000 yrs of rule by mughals on indo apk and it s results.

w salam.

:wasalam:

There are ways to learn English, but can you be sure that these programs are even a good way? It is good to learn English, and there is always room to learn in the right way. By books, in school. Now imagine if your TV programs were full of their propaganda programs, that would surely effect the younger population. You can be sure that a lot of their programs are not something that benefits the Muslims, let alone God knows what they want to show.

Otherwise, it is important to get education and to at least learn English. No one is having a problem with that and we really need a lot of educated Muslims. I think the most important thing now is what they want to show, how they want to show, who is their target, what is their goal, etc. And this will most probably be in their favour, not the Muslims. We don't need brainwashed kids, or kids who are now going to think like the western society.

FreedomFighter

there are other muslim countries(may Allah keep them safe) but the anti islam forces always choose pakistan to implement their abominable plans.
Allah aalim

"The aim of this media invasion is to settle down in the minds of our children that the religious-minded people are behind terrorism, therefore they must stay away from religion."

Allahu A'lam

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan

There are ways to learn English, but can you be sure that these programs are even a good way? It is good to learn English, and there is always room to learn in the right way. By books, in school. Now imagine if your TV programs were full of their propaganda programs, that would surely effect the younger population. You can be sure that a lot of their programs are not something that benefits the Muslims, let alone God knows what they want to show.

Otherwise, it is important to get education and to at least learn English. No one is having a problem with that and we really need a lot of educated Muslims. I think the most important thing now is what they want to show, how they want to show, who is their target, what is their goal, etc. And this will most probably be in their favour, not the Muslims. We don't need brainwashed kids, or kids who are now going to think like the western society.

moreover,most of the pakistani madrassas have special english learning programs and the topper who topped all pakistan english competition was a student of a madrassa.media is controlled by the zionists.you have to watch what they want u to and whenever you happened to watch cartoons,you will find "a dark force" supernaturals" ,magic,and God forbid what not.
they show that a dark messiah has to come to save the humanity(ridiculous)
one eye is prevailing everywhere in this cartoon films.so, we have to decide either to save our youth or to let them what they want.

FreedomFighter

moreover,most of the pakistani madrassas have special english learning programs and the topper who topped all pakistan english competition was a student of a madrassa.media is controlled by the zionists.you have to watch what they want u to and whenever you happened to watch cartoons,you will find "a dark force" supernaturals" ,magic,and God forbid what not.
they show that a dark messiah has to come to save the humanity(ridiculous)
one eye is prevailing everywhere in this cartoon films.so, we have to decide either to save our youth or to let them what they want.

Really? :ma: Shows you can be a student in a madrasa and reach where they thought was impossible.

Ya, media is controlled by bloody zionists/israel.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
Allah has his own plans for us.And we must be proud being muslims.And do you know the federal board of examinations is always topped by the madrassa students in pakistan.
it gives me hope that in this suffocating darkness there still lies a hope of our good pious light of our youth inshallah.:muslim_child:

arzafar

Really? :ma: Shows you can be a student in a madrasa and reach where they thought was impossible.

the average madarssa in karachi is a million times better than the average public school.
oh and the videos are working now.

imho, the future generation (i.e. our current youth) is better than the older generation. they are aware of what's going around them.

FreedomFighter

Madrassas can be really good, and it's quite sad how some Muslims would make fun of the madrassas like as if it's some place where only the mullahs children go to. I thought maybe something was wrong with the computer, so couldn't watch. But there is still some problem, so can't watch now. InshaAllah some time.

I will post here a link (that I came across), it's about Shah Rukh Khan and what he said (which is supposedly to be a writing error) about the prophet (pbuh). A lot of comments are saying oh now I will not watch your movies. I'm not trying to generalize the whole of those people, as I know a lot of youth, whether Pakistanis or other countries are starting to realize that the deen is really important.

http://www.haqeeqat.org/2009/06/22/...comments-on-prophet-mohammad-a-writing-error/

Abdul25

Logical Believer

We don't need brainwashed kids, or kids who are now going to think like the western society.

ok, we also dont need those talibans who get their ideology and tarining from such madrsasas and killing thousands of pakistanis brutally on streets ...

does this what madarssas teach?

Salem9022

I hope my comment doesn't get deleted. But I'm from Pakistan and I can say that Madrassas in Pakistan is a Big issue that needs to be confronted. Many of these madrassas they teach the kids how to read the Quran in Arabic, but they don't teach what they are reading like what actually they are reading since they don't teach them Arabic, They don't consider learning the Arabic language essential only memorizing it is essential. I know a person who went to Pakistan and studied in these Madrassas and then went to the Islamic University some where in Pakistan he told me the 6 Years he was there in Pakistan he never heard the word "Tawheed" and Tawheed is the most Important subject in Islam. Prophet Muhammad preaching Tawheed for 13 years in Makkah.

And you will find many people having memorized the Quran but don't know the meaning of what they read and they just follow the Aqeedah of the HeadMaster or Imam in that School so he can grow up to become a Soufi/Nashqabandi, Tablighi, Deobandi, Takfeeri or what ever the Imam is upon. Unfortantely Pakistan has become an Opium Play Land for all different sects and thoughts and it's going to bring the whole country down. I was watching a Documantry of a Takfeeri Madrassa in the Swat valley and the Imam was saying that His School(Madrasa) Is the Govt. Meaning he doesn't recognize the govt and authority of Pakistan but his own. And this is all over the Country.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
I hope my comment doesn't get deleted. But I'm from Pakistan and I can say that Madrassas in Pakistan is a Big issue that needs to be confronted. Many of these madrassas they teach the kids how to read the Quran in Arabic, but they don't teach what they are reading like what actually they are reading since they don't teach them Arabic, They don't consider learning the Arabic language essential only memorizing it is essential. I know a person who went to Pakistan and studied in these Madrassas and then went to the Islamic University some where in Pakistan he told me the 6 Years he was there in Pakistan he never heard the word "Tawheed" and Tawheed is the most Important subject in Islam. Prophet Muhammad preaching Tawheed for 13 years in Makkah.

And you will find many people having memorized the Quran but don't know the meaning of what they read and they just follow the Aqeedah of the HeadMaster or Imam in that School so he can grow up to become a Soufi/Nashqabandi, Tablighi, Deobandi, Takfeeri or what ever the Imam is upon. Unfortantely Pakistan has become an Opium Play Land for all different sects and thoughts and it's going to bring the whole country down. I was watching a Documantry of a Takfeeri Madrassa in the Swat valley and the Imam was saying that His School(Madrasa) Is the Govt. Meaning he doesn't recognize the govt and authority of Pakistan but his own. And this is all over the Country.

i totally agree with u upon this issue..

there are many horrible stories to be told which take place in madrsaass, my maternal uncle has been in mdrsas for 7 yrs .
they take little children and they go around the muhalla and beg for food..
what is this?
i dont say all madrssas are bad but majority of them promote sectarian violence,intolerance, extremists.

Almaas

Asalaamualaykum,

Another one of their pathetic attempts, don't think a tv show can demoralise a whole nation...(InshAllah).

Good on Khuram Sarmad.

Allah aalim

Pakistan is one of the strongest Muslim nations, it has nuclear power and one of the best armies; this is why. Imagine a Muslim country gaining too much power..seen as a threat to the likes of the US.

But yes, Allah alaam.

FreedomFighter

ok, we also dont need those talibans who get their ideology and tarining from such madrsasas and killing thousands of pakistanis brutally on streets ...

does this what madarssas teach?

You have a point, but I think you do know that Taliban is not always meaning those original Taliban (as we can see that the term is used widely for a lot of attacks committed) but it's a term used for almost any group committing suicide and killing hundreds of innocents in those regions. Almost any group looking for a scapegoat will adopt the name Taliban. And now it's used for a lot of crimes committed. So why to say that madrassahs teach such things? If the little that they may teach is to resist against US troops, and that is in Afghanistan.